Buying A New Honda Jazz Or Similar

Upcountry yes practical.. but in the city they are not that practical at all. They are just too big or handle not good. Bad turning circles, hard to park.

I am sure they are great in a crash, but day to day driving.. id say they would be bad compared to a normal care in the same price class.

The SUV's being discussed have shorter wheelbases than their pickup cousins, which makes a huge improvement to the turning circle and places them favorably amogst city cars. Here's some numbers to clarify:

Turning circle radius:

• Jazz/Vios: 4.9M
  • Corolla Altis: 5.3M
  • Camry: 5.5M
  • Accord: 5.6M
  • Pajero Sport: 5.6M
  • Fortuner: 5.7M
  • Civic: 5.8M
  • Hilux Vigo: 6.2M

Compared to my jazz they all look bad, and don't you just hate it those pickups cutting of 2 lanes when they make a U turn ?. They are nice for country stuff but should be outlawed in cities. (just as taxi's and minivan's that stop at the bus stops so the bus cant stop there :P:D

I was not serious but it is annoying to see those bigger cars causing traffic problems for cities smaller cars are much better.

Im amazed though that they get close to the normal cars although the Hillux / vigo do look bad compared with the rest. So far im quite happy with the jazz i love how it handles in traffic and i doubt those SUV would handle as well if they were in the same price class (read 705.000)

Since we have already "steamrolled" Chris topic about buying a Jazz (sorry), I just went to Central today (Pattaya) where a car show is pt taking place. Wife & I had a closer look at the Pajervo 2.5 which I must admit was impressive, but it's a huge fuc_ker bloody hel_l. Very comfy sitting at the wheel, good view and the thing fells solid compared to my City. The sales man was ready with "extras" he-he, but we told him that we just bought a new house and are therefore basically broke. Well a man got to have his dreams eh, tomorrow is up to the wife's village 500 clicks North East in the vee H. City.

Sure your right about a lot of points but all rides, when mastered, can become normal. Think about the bus drivers who weave about in town like they are small cars. I say this cos l have a UK heavy goods license and drove the waggon in the city of London, just must get used to it and master it. For me now, the Vigo is a pussy cat in town. :D

I don't claim to be a good driver in fact im pretty sure im not. But what im stating is that with the big turn cycles and so on those car can burden other road users. Im sure you have your car under control but if it means you have to use 2 lanes just to make a turn it means its bad for others. If all were to use 1 lane then things would be faster. But i know too that this is all dreaming as in Thailand ppl generally think about their own comfort.

My pet hate is the taxi's and minivans that block roads by swamping the bus stops making the bus stop in an other lane in doing this blocking 2 lanes.

Ah yes, we've had that topic before to argue about, but food for thought, when your up country with your wee car full of family and you get a broadside from a truck (up country 99% are trucks), what is the outcome.

That is why l have a truck and with the lack of common sense driving up here l expect that broadside every day.:unsure:

Do you really think you are better off sitting in a pick-up truck than my wee City if getting broadsided by a truck????? I think the outcome will be the same.

If you want something really safe buy something with 10 or so airbags, or better stay in the house and watch TV.

If you think a few air bags will make any difference being hit by a truck from the side you are delusional. My 4x4 engine is about head height in your wee ride.

On the subject of safety; the Honda Jazz is called the Fit in America and comes with BOTH side-impact door beams and side curtain airbags. Does the Honda Jazz or City as sold in Thailand have these similar safety features? The Honda website safety page is all in Thai.

Thanks!

On the subject of safety; the Honda Jazz is called the Fit in America and comes with BOTH side-impact door beams and side curtain airbags. Does the Honda Jazz or City as sold in Thailand have these similar safety features? The Honda website safety page is all in Thai.

Thanks!

All new passenger vehicles in Thailand have side intrusion beams, however the only models currently with side airbags are the top-model Mazda 3, and the higher-end Euro brands (Benz, BMW, Volvo etc). Nothing from Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan etc currently offer this safety feature in TH.

Thanks!

All new passenger vehicles in Thailand have side intrusion beams, however the only models currently with side airbags are the top-model Mazda 3, and the higher-end Euro brands (Benz, BMW, Volvo etc). Nothing from Toyota, Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan etc currently offer this safety feature in TH.

Some people are really walking encyclopedia's my hat to you guys.

Thanks!

Some people are really walking encyclopedia's my hat to you guys.

My 2008 Honda Accord 2,4 came with 2 front airbags, 2 side airbags, 4 curtainairbags, thats 8 in total. Only knee bags missing.

My 2007 Camry 2,4 came with 2 front and 2 side as I recall.

As I recall Ford Ranger/Everest top spec also comes with 2 side airbags

Unfortunately airbags is not a key sellng point in LOS, since neighbors cant see them;)

edit. BTW side air bags and curtains protect differently.

Curtains protect from the glassed are of vehicle, mostly head

side air bags are installed in seat, and protects shoulder and down.

Edited by katabeachbum

Ill bite too, we bought the jazz because it was a hatchback. That was what was needed for the dogs. A city or a vios just would not do even though they would look more manly. (according to chunky)

But maybe chunky is the kind of guy who sees a car as an enlargement of his penis and needs it because he is so small and in masculine.

I just drive the car that was in my price range and does what it has to do. I don't need a car to make me look more like a man.

*note.. if the wife ever puts any of those hello kitty things there i would personally kill her and use the jazz to dump her body :D *

We got the sv jazz 18 months ago great little car, cheap to run, Honda reliability voted best small hatch recently in the uk by "Which" magazine and that was up against the new Fiesta too.Versatile seating etc etc

Please Rob tell me you didnt get the blue too???

You could always put a stooopid dusbin size exhaust on it if you really wanted to look a Tw**!! :lol:

post-66436-009488000 1280932083_thumb.jp