Internet Provider In Khon Kaen, Help Please!

Dirty80s

Hello

So i bought a Dtac aircard for my girlfriend who lives in Khon Kaen (Ban Haet) but its awfully slow. I think its running on edge speed but they said its 3G. Its a new aircard i think, the flip flop one with 16 gb micro SD. I really dont remember the model and it was available on Dtac Aircard website just 2 days ago, cant seem to find it anymore though. She is paying 299 bht for it every month for 100h.

Anyway, its so slow that we cant even have a VoIP conversation on skype. I just want to cry because i am in Sweden and she is in Thailand. I feel so powerless.

I got her a brand new Netbook with Windows 7 and we tried everything to get this Dtac to run acceptably.

Can someone please tell me what Internet provider she should be getting internet from , i mean , least 512-1 mbit speed so i can have a normal video chat conversation? I so badly wanted her to have TrueOnline 4 mbit connection but they said they cant provide to her house (not sure if thats correct though).

She live in Khon Kaen, Ban Haet 40110 Nong Saeng. I know she can have some sort och landline internet through telefone jack because there is a Internet Coffee schack just 5 mins away from her.

Please someone help me, ive tried for weeks now. Ive yelled her name and "can you hear me now" a million times and its breaking me down.

Thanks!

Hi, I am not really familiar with the mobile phone part of your statement but as far as an internet provider I would highly recommend 3bb. I moved from a place that had free internet to a house where I had to find for myself. True and some others rubbed me the wrong way, then 3bb came out with a little team of people, hooked it up, I paid and that was that. The connection speed is the same all the time, 4mbps. I can have it increased to 16 at any time. They have a hotline and speak really good English. You might want to call them and tell them your concerns. I don't have there numbers at hand but can provide if you like or I imagine they'd be on the web. By the way I live in KK.

Sound interesting man. Thanks

Im reading through the website with translation. Dont understand everything but i deff giv them a call.

How much did you pay for the startup and setup and everything the first time ? can u tell me more?

Thanks alot again man, really appreciate the help.

Edited by Dirty80s

Im reading through the website with translation. Dont understand everything but i deff giv them a call.

How much did you pay for the startup and setup and everything the first time ? can u tell me more?

Hi, they have the 'Indy' with 4,5,and 6 mbps download with 512 kbps upload at 590bt, 790bt and 1,000bt respectively and the 'Indy Plus' which is the same but it has 1mbps upload for an additional 100bt/mo. I got the Indy Plus at 4mbps/1mbps. My intentions were to increase the speed if I was satisfied with the performance and customer service. The only times I've called the customer service hotline was to report no service but that was due to some bad storms, plus they already knew about it in BKK and were taking appropriate action. They provided a modem/router also. I was prepared to go buy one but there's is fine. I check the speed on Firefox with a bookmarked toolbar just for the heck of it and it's always at about 3.8Mbps/0.7Mbps. I'm on the outskirts of Khon Kaen city so some is lost along the way but it's close enough. I pay 690bt for the service plus 43.30 for the 7% tax so total is 738.30bt/mo. True told me service could not be available here for a year and there were no phone lines plus they wanted some ridiculous deposit and a work permit. 3bb ran a separate line from the next Soi (I live in a small housing development) ran the line to where I wanted it without screwing anything up. I see their install/service trucks all over the place. I would have to say that 3bb is far superior to the provider I most recently had in the US. If you decide to go with 3bb your girlfriend can pay at any number of banks, 7eleven, Jiffy etc most of which are listed on each statement.

I just called 3bb in BKK to get a number that you can call. The girl spoke good English but she thought I wanted her tel number but we finally worked that out. Anyway, here's 3bb in BKK: 66 2 100 2100. All handphones here call 1530 so I didn't think that would work in Sweden.

I hope this has been of some help and maybe ease some of the frustrations you've been experiencing. I know exactly what you mean but this has been a piece of cake compare to some of things I've dealt with. Good luck and let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. I know how it is trying to get things done from another country. Jeez!!!!

Hi, they have the 'Indy' with 4,5,and 6 mbps download with 512 kbps upload at 590bt, 790bt and 1,000bt respectively and the 'Indy Plus' which is the same but it has 1mbps upload for an additional 100bt/mo. I got the Indy Plus at 4mbps/1mbps. My intentions were to increase the speed if I was satisfied with the performance and customer service. The only times I've called the customer service hotline was to report no service but that was due to some bad storms, plus they already knew about it in BKK and were taking appropriate action. They provided a modem/router also. I was prepared to go buy one but there's is fine. I check the speed on Firefox with a bookmarked toolbar just for the heck of it and it's always at about 3.8Mbps/0.7Mbps. I'm on the outskirts of Khon Kaen city so some is lost along the way but it's close enough. I pay 690bt for the service plus 43.30 for the 7% tax so total is 738.30bt/mo. True told me service could not be available here for a year and there were no phone lines plus they wanted some ridiculous deposit and a work permit. 3bb ran a separate line from the next Soi (I live in a small housing development) ran the line to where I wanted it without screwing anything up. I see their install/service trucks all over the place. I would have to say that 3bb is far superior to the provider I most recently had in the US. If you decide to go with 3bb your girlfriend can pay at any number of banks, 7eleven, Jiffy etc most of which are listed on each statement.

I just called 3bb in BKK to get a number that you can call. The girl spoke good English but she thought I wanted her tel number but we finally worked that out. Anyway, here's 3bb in BKK: 66 2 100 2100. All handphones here call 1530 so I didn't think that would work in Sweden.

I hope this has been of some help and maybe ease some of the frustrations you've been experiencing. I know exactly what you mean but this has been a piece of cake compare to some of things I've dealt with. Good luck and let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with. I know how it is trying to get things done from another country. Jeez!!!!

By the way, (forgot to add) I paid for first month to get it going, 738.30bt. No install fees or anything else.