Want To Visit Gf For 90 Days

I read the stickies, but don't see the answer to my question there anywhere.

So what I want to do is to come to Thailand to visit my GF and stay for 90 days. Also, I will be staying with her and therefore won't be wasting money on hotel bills.

What I'm confused about is how to book my plane ticket so that it ties in with my visa application. So if I booked a return ticket to return to my own country in 90 days time, will the Thai consulate grant me a 60 day tourist visa which I would then extend for 30 days at an immigtration office in Thailand, or is this likely to confuse matters when I make my initial application?

A Non-Imm 'O' would seem to be the best way to go, but from reading the list of reasons available to obtain one @ http://www.thaiconsu...rg/descr_uk.asp I don't see the option to use it simply for vacation purposes.

Can anybody offer any advice on the subject?

Apply for a Tourist Visa ( they are free at the moment).

This gives 60 days and can be extended for a further 30 days at Immigration for a fee of 1,900 .Baht.

Thanks for that, but will the Thai consulate not expect me to provide evidence of a return flight within that 60 day period rather than within 90 days?

One other question though. My GF lives in Phuket. Can I apply for a 30 day extension at immigration on that island, or do I have to go to Bangkok? My entry point into Thailand was to have been Bangkok, but I can also fly via Kuala Lumpur/Phuket if that would be better. What do you think?

Consulate should be happy with a return ticket if they even ask - tourist visa entry is routinely extended 30 days. Normally the requirement for tickets is used for third country nationals but it does vary from one place to another.

You can obtain an extension of stay at any immigration office where you are located.

Consulate should be happy with a return ticket if they even ask - tourist visa entry is routinely extended 30 days. Normally the requirement for tickets is used for third country nationals but it does vary from one place to another.

You can obtain an extension of stay at any immigration office where you are located.

OK, thanks.

Presumably I would write the duration of my stay as 60 days even though I propose to extend it once I'm there?

Edited by Xircal

By the way, it might be a good idea to correct the info @ http://www.thaivisa.com/425.0.html

The example is described as a Tourist Visa, but shows an application for a Non-Imm 'O' I believe.

The sample is the same, regardless of the kind of visa. On the form itself you indicate what kind of visa you want.

But it is only an example, some consulates/embassies have their own form.