Taking Thai Family For Holiday In Phuket

sezzo

Gday guys,

I have been through about a million search engines for hotels/resorts in Phuket and cant seem to find what I am looking for.

I am bringing down my thai wife and 2 kids from Ubon to Phuket for a few days next week and would like to find a small cheapish hotel/resort to accomodate them. I would prefer to be away from the Patong area. I have previously stayed in the Rawai/Chalong area and like that area but open to any suggestions.

I am looking around the 800 - 1000 baht price range with a nice swimming pool and in a quiet area (if that is possible in Phuket). I will be driving down so transport will not be a problem.

Anyway thanks for any suggestions :o:D:D

Since you're driving down, maybe it's better to have a looksee when you arrv. Last time I drove down, found a decent deal at the Montana Grand (800 bt if i recall). They had this big sign up- maybe someone could drive by and confirm if it's still on? BUT, it's on the fringe of the night zone so might not suit...

Friends (with baby) were staying at a place at the corner of Prachanuk and Sirirat rds (just opp the intersection at the bottom of the hill to Karon). They and had a super looking separate bungalow (fridge/ac/cable, nice pool, veranda) for 500 bt! Seemed quite quiet, yet close enough to everything. I can't recall the name, anyone??

Le Meridien Phuket Yacht Club. It's about 5 times the room rate you're looking for... but you also get about 5 times the amount of pampering, not to mention that there will likely be only few a few dozen (at best) other guests at the hotel.

:o

Gday guys,

I have been through about a million search engines for hotels/resorts in Phuket and cant seem to find what I am looking for.

I am bringing down my thai wife and 2 kids from Ubon to Phuket for a few days next week and would like to find a small cheapish hotel/resort to accomodate them.  I would prefer to be away from the Patong area.  I have previously stayed in the Rawai/Chalong area and like that area but open to any suggestions.

I am looking around the 800 - 1000 baht price range with a nice swimming pool and in a quiet area (if that is possible in Phuket).  I will be driving down so transport will not be a problem.

Anyway thanks for any suggestions  :o  :D  :D

I would also recommend Vichit Bungalow at Rawai. I put my parents in there last year and then my sister and her daughter. They all loved it. Quiet, nice pool, nice rooms and gorgeous island views. Nikita bar/ restaurant at Rawai on the beachfront is a lovely spot for lunch also.

Nikita bar/ restaurant at Rawai on the beachfront is a lovely spot for lunch also.

I have had many a beer and meal at Nikita's. Very nice place, just wondering if it is still there after boxing day. Very peaceful sitting under the trees looking out to sea sipping on a nice cold chang.

Nikita bar/ restaurant at Rawai on the beachfront is a lovely spot for lunch also.

I have had many a beer and meal at Nikita's. Very nice place, just wondering if it is still there after boxing day. Very peaceful sitting under the trees looking out to sea sipping on a nice cold chang.

Well... was just there for a few vinos tonight and it's just as bewdiful as always :D

Thanks guys for all the input.

Start the trip down there today and will get there probably on monday. I will moe than likely do a drive around the Rawai/Naiharn area and check out the prices but will more than likely be stopping around the Friedship Beach area.

Once again many thanks and will let you know how I went.

:o:D:D

:D

me to mate, bu Ill get back to you soon with info!! :D:o:D:D:D:D:D:D

Phuket Town:

The Merlin smells like the air ducts have never been cleaned since it was built during the last Burmese invasion.

The Royal City Hotel? The fragrance of the sewers up front crawls into the lobby and up some floors. While in bed on the 16 th floor, you can enjoy the raw power of the night club's sound system down in the lobby.

Phuket Town:

The Merlin smells like the air ducts have never been cleaned since it was built during the last Burmese invasion.

The Royal City Hotel?  The fragrance of the sewers up front crawls into the lobby and  up some floors. While in bed on the 16 th floor, you can enjoy the raw power of the  night club's sound system down in the lobby.

sorry I havent had time to meet up mate, I have been extremely busy with work and havent had time to scratch my .... - I will see you in Pataya on my next visit.

sezzo - Frienbship beach is quite nice and well priced and not overly busy. Starr the owner is a great bloke and the place is well priced at about 1000 per night.

Phuket Town:

sezzo - Frienbship beach is quite nice and well priced and not overly busy. Starr the owner is a great bloke and the place is well priced at about 1000 per night.

Thanks mate,

Actually that is were we are staying and the price of 1200 baht per night is excellant when you consider the facilities are absolutely brand new and in perfect condition. The family was very pleasantly surprised with what we are staying in.

I highly recommend the Friendship Beach Resort to anybody who wants good room, great pool over looking the beach and good friendly service.

Actually the Rawai area seems busier than Patong area and there is a lot more bars,cafes and restaurants since last time I was here. A much better alternative to the more popular places.

Thanks to all that posted info or advise. This has made our holiday.

:o:D:D:D