Brown Rice And No Msg

MisterMan

Hi a friend of mine said she saw a sign on Sai Yuan of a tiny little Thai place that said Brown Rice and NO MSG. BRILLIANT and FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! not sure where exactly.. has anyone tried it? Is anyone else as excited about this besides me?

Get tired of taking an aluminium ball of brown rice with me to restaurants!

Also heard an online health food shop was going to launch soon....but based in Phuket.. exciting!!!

usually many vegetarian restaurants are not using msg and they also offer brown rice *kao klong*<br><br><br>even in many food centers in shopping malls you can find it. <br>I really like the brown rice as it has a taste.<br><br>Usually normal restaurants are not using it because it is more expensive<br>

actually some of the veg restaurants do use msg.. the one by the Thai Aiways office does.. she said but just a little. I know of the ones in Chalong and I think they don't.

However it is nice to see this in Nai Harn. I think this will attrack a lot of foreign business if that is what they want. Pity no one has done it in Kata. Not like a huge investment to buy an extra rice cooker and brown rice!

The Phuket Bangkok Hospital cafeteria usually has brown rice (kao deng) available in the serving line around lunchtime. But they do run out and not cook another batch. Healthy place, good food and nice folks.

Good idea, I'm going to run over to the hospital to get lunch...............................blink.gif

The Phuket Bangkok Hospital cafeteria usually has brown rice (kao deng) available in the serving line around lunchtime. But they do run out and not cook another batch. Healthy place, good food and nice folks.

Good idea, I'm going to run over to the hospital to get lunch...............................blink.gif

haah I appreciate the info but yes I do have an aversion to cafeterias, ESPECIALLY in a hospital. Bet they use MSG...