Ed Visa Missing Classes Question

I know I might be booed :whistling: for asking this question, but what will happen if you miss classes from a private school (like Wallen or others?) all these school seems to use the 1 year visa residency as a pitch to sell their language course, but are they picky about if you come or not?

Respond in private if you fell not to do it in the forum!:ph34r:

I did one at a university and we started with 14 people. after all had received their Ed visa the class dropped to 3 of us. No questions were asked. The Thai course is convenient year long Visa. If you want the knowledge than all the better.

Enjoy you time here

Dont worry too much. I dont know ANYONE who attends their language school more then 1-2 times a month. <SNIP>

The "wordz-'o-wisdom" spewed out by the poster known as "JayS" run exactly OPPOSITE from what I've seen in most private thai language schools :whistling: . (FWIW; I've seen more than my fair share of both thai language schools and students of them) ;) .

Most students I've met, actually want to learn to speak to the thais and do show up the 'posted minimum attendance' as required by the Ministry of Education to continue getting their 90 day extension paperwork from the school they attend. :)

True, often times when a new class starts there is a higher than normal 'attrition rate' in new enrollees at the various and sundry private thai language schools. This serves to weed out the 'wannabes' from the ones who 'really-wanna-speak-thai'. It can actually makes the class better as people are there wanting to learn versus the clock watching bunch who offer little or no participation in class.

Now, whether the people who 'wash out' continue to secure their extensions of stay; I dunno, (and would hope they couldn't). However, this being thailand, perhaps they do, although I have NO first hand knowledge of this at all.

I'm sure if you miss a lesson here or there, you're not gonna be called on it when trying to secure another extension of stay. In fact looking back at the copies the paperwork I was given back when I went the ED Visa route; no where on any of the documents does it have a time sheet, showing my attendance during the preceding 90 days. It only said that I'm still enrolled in their thai language program.

Come on man.... 4 frickin' hours a week :ermm: ? You can't be that 'solidly booked' here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais" to wash out on that minimal of a time investment, can you? :(

In fact several schools now offer 'on-line' thai classes which do still qualify for the 90 day extensions of stay, so you can learn from the comfort of your own home. :D