Traditional Christmas Dinner

wileycoyote

Do you know - I posted a similar query this time last year on the Khon Kaen forum and received some similar inane replies. Fortunately, I also receive some sensible replies and was able to book way ahead for our family and friends.

It may well be for the OP, as it was in my case, that we had a fairly large group for Christmas Lunch and wanted to book early.

Maybe someone needs to put the idea in the head of Rico's, Coconut bar and grill or Don's. I would go if it was a nice spread. It has been a long time.

On another note, I asked around at the major CR hotels two years ago if they were going to offer a Valentine's special. Popular in the west. Good price for a bottle of bubbly for two, one night's lodging, great meal, a few roses and a small box of chocolates for the lady. Every place I asked got the same response: They thought I was a comedian.

Coconut bar did an Xmas lunch last year but I don't know about the others.

Saying it's far to early to book Christmas day lunch in August is hardly an inane reply or is it? :(

Depends how large the group is and the popularity of the restaurant, and scacity of other venues offering the Trabditional Christmas Lunch. In my own case, I was glad that I did book early as when it came closer to the time - there were many folk around looking for 'Room at the Inn' wihout success.

Coconut bar did an Xmas lunch last year but I don't know about the others.

Saying it's far to early to book Christmas day lunch in August is hardly an inane reply or is it? :(

Dear Dindong & Gladiator,

Thank you for your help & listening.

Yes it is early ,but if the whole clan comes ,it could be a large group.

Best Wishes

Wiley Coyote

Dear Dindong & Gladiator,Thank you for your help & listening.Yes it is early ,but if the whole clan comes ,it could be a large group.Best WishesWiley Coyote

Glad to help. We usually go to the Rimkok buffet and I always ask the manager about Turkey for the menu on Xmas day.He jokes that there is a small turkey available every year but the managers always eat it befor lunch.Still, it's good value without the turkey especially if you have the gang in tow and everyone always seems to enjoy it.Maybe we could organize a Thai visa Xmas day lunch party.

Edited by dindong

We usually go to the Rimkok buffet and I always ask the manager about Turkey for the menu on Xmas day.

Dear dindong,

That might be the answer to our prayers ,a buffet ,solves the choice problem.

Any idea on the timing ?

Best Wishes

Wiley Coyote