Premier League 2010/2011.

PST

Last week, having a few moments to waste, I asked this question in a Truevisions shop. The assistant said she had to phone Bangkok to find out. After talking on the phone for several minutes she replaced the receiver and told me that all matches were being shown live on the HD channel. I questioned how this was possible when they only had 1 HD channel and she suddenly discovered that she was unable to understand any English. By then my friend had arrived and I left the shop.

This week I tried my luck again at a different Truevisions shop. The male assistant produced a leaflet and handed it to me. It was headed "Premier League 2009/10". I pointed out that the leaflet was for last season and he called over another assistant. The new assistant said that he believed they were not showing the Premier League matches this season. I said that I would probably cancel my contract as I only use True for the football. He said "moment please" and called a third assistant. After an exchange in Thai, the 3rd assistant said all matches would be shown live. I didn't wait to talk to all the other assistants in the shop.

This is typical of my experience in the past from Truevisions. I only do it when I have time to waste and don't believe anything they tell me anyway.

As usual we have to wait and see.

Edited by delboy

Have seen an advert tonight on CH102 saying 'The premier League is back' blah blah,and stating that it will be on Truesport,and Truesport HD.

My guessing is that it will be the same format as last year,but the HD channels will also show games,so you can watch the games in HD if you have it,or normal Truesport channels if you don't.

Now,wonder if there's English commentary on the HD channels?...Hmmmm.

PST.

I can't see any mention of Football Focus or Football Forecast in the ESPN schedules. Now that John Dykes has left have they stopped showing them?

I know they're not the best, but they're the only ones we have.

Last week, having a few moments to waste, I asked this question in a Truevisions shop. The assistant said she had to phone Bangkok to find out. After talking on the phone for several minutes she replaced the receiver and told me that all matches were being shown live on the HD channel. I questioned how this was possible when they only had 1 HD channel and she suddenly discovered that she was unable to understand any English. By then my friend had arrived and I left the shop.

This week I tried my luck again at a different Truevisions shop. The male assistant produced a leaflet and handed it to me. It was headed "Premier League 2009/10". I pointed out that the leaflet was for last season and he called over another assistant. The new assistant said that he believed they were not showing the Premier League matches this season. I said that I would probably cancel my contract as I only use True for the football. He said "moment please" and called a third assistant. After an exchange in Thai, the 3rd assistant said all matches would be shown live. I didn't wait to talk to all the other assistants in the shop.

This is typical of my experience in the past from Truevisions. I only do it when I have time to waste and don't believe anything they tell me anyway.

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

They really are a bunch of incompetant t@ssers!!

I dont bother anymore. I have had similar experiences. I particularly like the sudden attack of them not understanding English OR my Thai, when I point out something they say as inaccurate. :cheesy:

Have seen an advert tonight on CH102 saying 'The premier League is back' blah blah,and stating that it will be on Truesport,and Truesport HD.

My guessing is that it will be the same format as last year,but the HD channels will also show games,so you can watch the games in HD if you have it,or normal Truesport channels if you don't.

PST.

Mate you know what they will do,they will make the big top 4 clashes on HD to force us to cough up an extra 290baht to subscribe to something that should be free in the package anyway.

I Live up in issan and have no choice but to go with true visions.

Had the same experiences in the past mate,i let my wife do the talking now.

PST.

Mate you know what they will do,they will make the big top 4 clashes on HD to force us to cough up an extra 290baht to subscribe to something that should be free in the package anyway.

I got told at the true office in Chiang mai the other day that all the major matches will be screened on HD by the middle of the season. Saying that you can't believe anything they say.

PST.

I got told at the true office in Chiang mai the other day that all the major matches will be screened on HD by the middle of the season. Saying that you can't believe anything they say.

So by the middle of the season i will have to go out and buy a new HDtv and pay a extra 290baht to watch the big games,looks like true are true to form.

I don't know how it works in Thailand but in the USA, even if something is screened in HD you can still watch the same HD channel with your regular TV and regular satellite connection, it just isn't in HD if you have no HD TV or HD receiver. It's never a problem, but I don't know the technical side of it. I assume they send both signals and your equipment figures out which one to use. Obviously, no idea if it's the same on True Visions but don't see why it couldn't be.

PST.

So by the middle of the season i will have to go out and buy a new HDtv and pay a extra 290baht to watch the big games,looks like true are true to form.

You will only need a new TV if your old one isn't a plasma or LCD,it's the reciever box that carrys the HD signal,but only works on plasma and LCD sets.

PST.

Thanks,have you had this confirmed by UBC/Truesports?,how do you know?.

PST.

They're all listed in the August TrueVisions magazine.

Oh, hang on, sorry, that means nothing.

i should know by now that just 'cos something's listed doesn't mean it will actually be on.

Nev, where in Issan do you live? I'm up in Chaiyaphum for a few days at Christmas. Anywhere near?

Mate i live in kalasin nong kung si i am the other side of khon kaen from chaiyaphum ,message me when you are up here maybe we can meet in khon kaen.

Nev, where in Issan do you live? I'm up in Chaiyaphum for a few days at Christmas. Anywhere near?

Mate i live in kalasin nong kung si i am the other side of khon kaen from chaiyaphum ,message me when you are up here maybe we can meet in khon kaen.

Nice one bud. I'll have to wear my special City shirt :D

Nice one bud. I'll have to wear my special City shirt :D

Dont go to too much trouble mate and get all dressed up,thongs and singlet do just fine up in issan.

True are useless, the shop is even worse. A friend who owns a bar near me knows the local rep manager and he said that the big matches will be shown on TRUE HD.... Whether there will be a simultaneous broadcast on Truesport 1 is anyone's guess!

Can't imagine Thais being too happy at having to fork out an extra 290bht a month and a minimum of 10k for a HDTV. (Although HD signal is compatible with standard TV sets)

When will someone finally end their monopoly!?

Need some humour Carmine? Read below.

ok Carmine: Check this out for a funny read... 

If you don’t want to know the score, look away now - Goal.com tells you exactly what will happen this season

We took out the crystal ball, and this is what we saw...

11 Aug 2010 08:30:00

by Alex Dimond

The joy of football is often found in its unpredictability: if the only two certainties in life are death and taxes, then perhaps the only certainty in football is that there will be another injury to Alberto Aquilani.

If you study the game closely, however, certain trends and patterns begin to become apparent — which is how many football experts make their unerringly accurate tips. But if you take £5 and go to a fortune-teller, then a kindly old lady will look into the future (via the medium of a crystal ball) and happily give you even more detailed accounts on anything you want.

So that's what Goal.com UK did, to find out precisely and accurately what will happen over the next nine months in English football. If you don't want to know what your favourite team, player or manager will be up to this season, DO NOT read on — we'll only spoil the surprise.

Those brave few who have stayed around, read on as Goal.com UK gives you a detailed look at exactly how the 2010-11 season will go down:

AUGUST

14th: The Premier League season kicks off. Men breathe a sigh of relief; women go shopping.

17th: Mark Hughes completes the signing of Roque Santa Cruz. The two later make their personal bond official via a civil partnership.

23rd: After an unusually warm first weekend, Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini pleases fans everywhere when he gives his famous scarf its first outing of the campaign for his side's second game, against Liverpool. Temperature is a recorded 22 degrees C.

25th: Alberto Aquilani picks up his first injury of the season.

27th: Michael Owen announces his retirement from international football. Fabio Capello just laughs.

31st: The transfer window closes, and Arsenal fans rejoice with the certainty that Cesc Fabregas will not be joining Barcelona.

SEPTEMBER

1st: Barcelona publicly reveal their intention to make another bid for Fabregas on January 1.

8th: Ian Holloway compares Blackpool's start to the season with Pearl Harbour: "And we ain't the ones screaming 'Tora! Tora! Tora!'"

14th: New Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli turns up a record three days late for training.

18th: Arsenal goalkeeper Manuel Almunia makes his first mistake of the season.

25th: Facing Manchester City at Eastlands, Chelsea captain John Terry again tries to shake Wayne Bridge's hand. Unfortunately he fails, again — mainly because Bridge is left on the bench by Roberto Mancini.

OCTOBER

4th: Another injury to Alberto Aquilani keeps him out of first-team action.

11th: After a disappointing start to the season, Harry Redknapp reminds the press that when he took over the club in 2008, Spurs only had "two points from eight games".

17th: A visit to the exposed Bloomfield Road sees Mancini set a season's record for most scarves worn — five. Visibly frustrated at his side's inability to break down the Tangerines, Kolo Toure later confusingly reveals the Italian was "hot under the collar".

23rd: Ahead of Blackburn's visit to Liverpool, Sam Allardyce starts ranting against the conduct and tactics of Rafael Benitez, before being reminded that the Spaniard has long since left Anfield. He continues his criticism anyway.

NOVEMBER

5th: Ian Holloway compares Blackpool's plight to that of the Belgrano.

9th: After a couple of fine saves for West Brom against West Ham, a shockingly poor memory — and some mild desperation — leads Fabio Capello to tip "this new lad Scott Carson" as England's potential saviour in goal.

18th: New Arsenal No. 1 Lukasz Fabianski makes his first howler of the season.

28th: Notorious local criminals rob the house of manager Roy Hodgson during Liverpool's away trip to Tottenham. Unfortunately, they only come away with some Werthers' Originals, a pipe and slippers.

DECEMBER

4th: The biggest clash of the season — literally. Tottenham's Peter Crouch collides in the air with Birmingham's Nikola Zigic, leading both to be carted off with head injuries. Each players' boots stick out of the end of the stretcher.

14th: Finally frustrated by the lack of transfer funds given to him by the Glazers, Sir Alex Ferguson signs a sponsorship agreement with a leading chewing gum brand in order to boost his January transfer kitty.

23rd: Ian Holloway compares Blackpool's plight to that of the Titanic.

28th: The 100th article to proclaim Arsenal's Jack Wilshere as 'the future of English football' is published.

JANUARY

2nd: Needing to add to their squad, Man City pursue Juventus star Giorgio Chiellini. Quoted a price of £25 million for the defender, the Citizens immediately lodge an opening bid of £37m.

6th: The FA Cup third round sees a shock as Fabio Capello attends the clash between minnows Canvey Island and Havant & Waterlooville. "This is the level to which England should be aspiring," the Italian reveals.

14th: Carlo Ancelotti again jokes that "he will run around the training ground naked" if Chelsea sign a player in the transfer window. To almost universal horror, the club subsequently unveil new striker Sergio Aguero.

23rd: West Ham United manager Avram Grant is once again caught exiting a local 'massage parlour' after the day's training. His wife continues to defend him: "If I had to try and teach Robert Green how to catch a ball, I'd need a way to relieve the tension too."

31st: Eight points behind in the table, Man City submit a formal offer to the Premier League of £30m for 15 points. The League accept.

FEBRUARY

5th: After years of abuse, the corner flag at Goodison Park finally fights back as Tim Cahill runs across to celebrate another goal. After taking a strong right to the face, the flag springs back and then replies with a lightning counter that knocks the Aussie to the deck.

11th: Ian Holloway compares Blackpool's plight to that of General Custer.

17th: Manchester United face Norwich City in the FA Cup. Reports emanate from the ground that drunk Green & Gold protestors have managed to get into the boardroom — turns out it's just Delia Smith.

21st: Former Everton, now Newcastle United, prodigy Dan Gosling is arrested for leaving a restaurant without paying for his meal. "The waiter never presented my agent with a written bill, so I thought I was free to leave and take my appetite elsewhere," he claims.

27th: The League Cup final is overshadowed as another player picks up an injury on Wembley's infamous turf. But another chapter in the scandal is avoided as it turns out only to be Alberto Aquilani.

MARCH

3rd: The 500th headline based on some version of 'Escape from Alcaraz' is published. Three newspaper headline writers' heads later explode when Wigan manager Roberto Martinez describes defender Antolin Alcaraz as "solid as a rock" at the back.

7th: Arsenal start a record fourth different goalkeeper as an exasperated Arsene Wenger finally turns to the Scrabble player's dream, Wojciech Szczesny.

16th: Embarrassment for Alberto Aquilani, as another lay-off leads Darren 'sicknote' Anderton to come out and publicly mock his fitness record.

APRIL

1st: Barcelona release an official statement that reads: "Barcelona promise not to bid for Cesc Fabregas during the next transfer window."

2nd: Barca's statement is unanimously decided to be the worst April Fools' attempt of the year.

7th: In an incident later voted 'Least Surprising of the Season', Wigan Athletic snatch all three points against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light thanks to a last minute blunder from former player Titus Bramble.

22nd: Ian Holloway compares Blackpool's plight to that of the Charge of the Light Brigade. And recites Tennyson's poem on the subject to boot.

25th: Blackpool are relegated.

29th: Revellers at trendy London nightspot Mahiki play witness to the worst pass of the season, when John Terry bumps into Ashley's ex Cheryl Cole.

MAY

7th: Aston Villa striker Emile Heskey finally finds the net for the first time this season — but unfortunately it is subsequently ruled out for offside.

12th: In an uncharacteristic move, Newcastle manager Chris Hughton screams, "I tell you, honestly, I would LOVE it if we beat them!!" as the Toon look to beat Chelsea to secure their Premier League survival.

16th: Wolves boss Mick McCarthy gets in trouble with the Premier League for fielding an understrength side. Despite his protestations, no-one genuinely believes he thought his side was better for starting Sylvain Ebanks-Blake up front.

22nd: The Premier League champions are crowned, and it's... c'mon, you don't want the surprise spoiled, do you?

Truevisions, Bank of Ayudhya, Global Chain Restaraunts, Siam Paragon, Bars, Siam Commercial Bank, Starbucks Coffee Shop, P' Yai's Moo Deng Stall, The Sofitel Hua Hin, Bangkok Bank, Suvarnabhumi Duty Free, Somchai Motor Cyc Ret For Shop Here, it's all the same, there is no different..;)

Truevisions, Bank of Ayudhya, Global Chain Restaraunts, Siam Paragon, Bars, Siam Commercial Bank, Starbucks Coffee Shop, P' Yai's Moo Deng Stall, The Sofitel Hua Hin, Bangkok Bank, Suvarnabhumi Duty Free, Somchai Motor Cyc Ret For Shop Here, it's all the same, there is no different..;)

So true.

Anyway where you been Singhy?

Not been showing Avram the new massage parlours have you?

So true.

Anyway where you been Singhy?

Not been showing Avram the new massage parlours have you?

No no Jack, i just can't stand all the part timers that i know would have been on here for the WC & it foolsihly would have wound me up & i would have allowed them too so best just to stay away for that period..:)

But now they're gone & we have a beloved Club's back, i'm back too..;)

No no Jack, i just can't stand all the part timers that i know would have been on here for the WC & it foolsihly would have wound me up & i would have allowed them too so best just to stay away for that period..:)

You read that one right singhy. Back in time for the twitchy trial look forward to seeing a verdict no doubt.

What's your opinion on Sulejmani?

You read that one right singhy. Back in time for the twitchy trial look forward to seeing a verdict no doubt.

My opinion is that the whole thing's farcical & that he must be the only Mna ever to have been denied a work permit in East London..:D

<deleted> ridiculous, how can Arsenal have all these African Kids, Chelsea too, United have had young Serbs before too liek Topsic who springs to mind & no probs there ( lack of International Caps etc )..

He's a 14m Euro Player, the biggest signing ever inDutch Football, about to ay a hel_l of a lot of Tax in the UK & he gets denied a fcukign work permit ??

Sums the Country up nicely in my opinion, utterly ridiculous..

My opinion is that the whole thing's farcical & that he must be the only Mna ever to have been denied a work permit in East London..:D

<deleted> ridiculous, how can Arsenal have all these African Kids, Chelsea too, United have had young Serbs before too liek Topsic who springs to mind & no probs there ( lack of International Caps etc )..

He's a 14m Euro Player, the biggest signing ever inDutch Football, about to ay a hel_l of a lot of Tax in the UK & he gets denied a fcukign work permit ??

Sums the Country up nicely in my opinion, utterly ridiculous..

You said it singhy and I have to agree....its <deleted>...I was looking forward to seeing him in the Premiership.