Ice Cream Machines

kyb789

The last best hope for meduim priced, medium qualty ice cream has since disappeared from Bangkok market shelves. I used to buy Swenson's as a decent priced compromise. Now one must mortage the house for a pint of Haagen Daz or settle for air inflated Walls. Pathetic.

Home ice cream makers. Any good SMALL ones in Thailand? I don't like the large bucket size with the ice and salt mess. If you have seen a good small freezer type, would love to hear from you.

cuisinart ice cream makers are now for sale at central. they are really easy to use and give great results. i'm referrring here to the 2 liter kind that doesn't have its own refrigeration unit. basically you just stick the container for the ice cream mixture in the freezer for at least 8 hours before using. then pour the mixture in, turn the machine on and let it run for anywhere from 25-35 minutes. then empty the mixture into a chilled bowl and let it sit in the freezer for a few hours to harden up. I think the machine costs about 5000 baht.

I have one of the messy bucket and ice jobbers from Verasu the OP doesn't like -- My small freezer is not industrial strength ... 3 bags of ice for 21 baht ... I buy the salt that they use for coating BBQ tilapia ... Works great. I put the ice cream bucket in a bigger wash bucket to somewhat contain the mess... even Vegan stuff came out great.