Drink Prices On The Dark Side.

pop3

As I do not live in central Pattaya I spend my nights out on the dark side.

It has long been apparent to me that you certainly do not get what you pay for in terms of the price you pay for your drink and the quality of surroundings.

Im not too sure if we can name any bars here so I won't but an example would be a very rickety dusty corrugated tin roof bar not too far away from a river charges 65 baht for a Singa beer while a very nicely decorated bar not far away from the new Nong Yai underpass charges 45 baht for the same beer.

The problem is you never know if your walking into a 45 Baht or a 65+ baht bar till you get the bill :(

Does anyone know if anyone has ever put together a list of the cheaper bars on the dark side ? with as much as a 20 baht saving on every drink I think in these times there would be an interest in one :whistling:

Excuse me for stating the obvious, but why don't you simply ask the price of the beer before ordering it?

If you don't like the price, just walk away, you may even get a message across to the owner, who is usually around at most bars.

If for some reason you have a problem with asking the price, just order one beer and see how much it is on your tab. If it is more than you are prepared to pay, drink up, pay your bill and leave. It will only cost you a maximum of 20 Baht over the odds to find out.

It wouldn't take long for you to suss out the cheap places from the not so cheap.

Personally I'm much more interested in the ambience and quality of the ladies than the price of the beer <_<

but it's horses for courses :)

Good point... cracks me up when you have these tin roofed shacks charging upwards from 65 baht.. fair enough if they have a shophouse and a proper toilet.

Cheapest place is "Beer and Coffee" in Soi Khao Noi.....drinks are even cheaper than you pay in the 7-11 but the place always seems busy..

Good point... cracks me up when you have these tin roofed shacks charging upwards from 65 baht.. fair enough if they have a shophouse and a proper toilet.

Cheapest place is "Beer and Coffee" in Soi Khao Noi.....drinks are even cheaper than you pay in the 7-11 but the place always seems busy..

ok where soi khao noi please

cross the tracks coming from Patts..about 100 yards up on your right...open double guesthouse with a large sitting area outside... can't miss it as it really catches your eye..

Thanks William Osborne this is the kind of info we need.

I look at it like this... A saving of 20 baht on a beer after 6 beers is 120 baht, If you go out three nights a week that's 360 baht a week or 1,440 baht a month, 17,280 a year :)

I take your point Mobi about the ambiance and quality of the ladies and agree with you on that and would willingly pay the extra price for the pleasure of good company but what I have found is the ladies of the cheap price beer bars are just as good as the ladies of the expensive drinks bars, Nois bar next to Nong Yai underpass is a good example, some beautiful young girls in there, nice seating, good pool table, friendly staff and beer at 45 baht ;)

cross the tracks coming from Patts..about 100 yards up on your right...open double guesthouse with a large sitting area outside... can't miss it as it really catches your eye..

Thanks William Osborne this is the kind of info we need.

I look at it like this... A saving of 20 baht on a beer after 6 beers is 120 baht, If you go out three nights a week that's 360 baht a week or 1,440 baht a month, 17,280 a year :)

I take your point Mobi about the ambiance and quality of the ladies and agree with you on that and would willingly pay the extra price for the pleasure of good company but what I have found is the ladies of the cheap price beer bars are just as good as the ladies of the expensive drinks bars, Nois bar next to Nong Yai underpass is a good example, some beautiful young girls in there, nice seating, good pool table, friendly staff and beer at 45 baht ;)

Never heard of this Noi's bar but wouldn't mind checking it out - can you explain a little more about it's location? Where is the Nong Yai underpass?

Tom.

No problem Tom.

I call it the underpass but it's just one of a few out there now so the easy way to find the bar is to go from the crocodile farm. If you come out the crocodile farm car-park and turn right heading to the overpass then it is the first bar you come to on the right. just a stone throw away from the overpass so you can't miss it :)

ps... Don't be surprised if you find out the bar is called Nongs bar. Thinking about it now it could be either name :whistling:

Edited by pop3

Last night while around the Soi Khao Noi area I checked out Beer and Coffee. real good value. this is just the sort of place to go on a value for money bar list. :)

Proper Bog, very good point.

Also don’t like the price of a GnT or VnT

They sell 4 shots out the bottle and the rest is pure profit.

Robbers!!!!!!

Edited by sohn