If You Have Time.. These Guys Could Do With A Vist

buzz1812

And now my objective superior view...

Some other important points need to be made in this case...

So Steve Wilcox got his sentanced. He must live with it...no point in commenting much further on him...everything has been stated on all the information is available...the sympathy of this thread needs a refocus...

What about the others who were indirectly sentanced from the circumstances.

You guys talk about orphans and children and 'needy' people. I got one in mind...

the little bastard...Oak Wilcox...(no offense intended to the innocent youngun...sympathy :o )

how about the single mother...Lek ??

If you insist on supporting someone...Go and teach little, fatherless, Oak some English...be a big brother...Teach him and give him value in life. His father can't do anything except depend on others to keep him alive locked away during the life of his offspring...thus is now/only ever will be... merely a biological father.

So what can anyone expect of the Thai wife...

Is she sentanced to loyally wait, save her bed for another 30 years, when 60 year old Steven finally gets out???...granted he doesn't get knocked off, infected with disease or victim to one of the many other risks in his circumstances....??

Like I said...stop making a fuss over a system we won't/can't change...Steven Wilcox must do the time...whether I or anyother think it's fair or not. The <deleted>-sandwich filling reality is

In effect of such tragic circumstances...so must Oak and Lek suffer!

you want to get involved...you want to contribute....you want to make a difference???

Where will you focus your priorities?

Find a need and fill it! If that's what you truly intend...

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

คุณ Yoot ครับ

ข้าพระพุทธเจ้า ขอไม่เห็นด้วย กับความคิดเห็นของท่าน ซึ่งท่านไม่ยอมมีใจกว่างสำหรับเรื่องราวแบบนี้โดยเหตุผลคือการกระทำของคนเล่นยาทำร้ายต่อคนไทยและความเป็นไทย เจ้าค่ะ

ถ้าคุณ Yoot เข้าใจความเป็นคนไทยจริงๆ คงรู้หน้าที่พอสมควรของชาวพุทธและคนไทยทั่วๆไป

ว่าสิ่งใดทำร้ายต่อคนไทยกันแน่

ขอรับท่าน

:o

//edit

//would you mind adding a translation in English please.

//

Edited by Khutan

What about the person who got addicted to drugs in Thailand. He/she was so strung out that he didn't know the risks, or was so sick that they would do anything to get a fix.

Drug addicts are bad people?

I think that they are sick people. After reading some responses in this thread, I wonder what some people would do if their own family member(son or daughter) got into this mess. Would they still have the same opinion?

Have any of the som nam na crowd ever been addicted to drugs?

What about the person who got addicted to drugs in Thailand. He/she was so strung out that he didn't know the risks, or was so sick that they would do anything to get a fix.

I think that they are sick people. After reading some responses in this thread, I wonder what some ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Perhaps they should have been or were aware of the risks of using drugs before they got strung out, and still chose that path to follow.

I asked a friend of mine (a local city judge) what she would do if I appeared before her on a DUI. Excluding reclusion she said, I'd give you maximum sentencing as I know you know better than to drive after drinking.

Same concept in asia, stay away from drugs, period end of sentence. your not invisible, you become a target, should someone need a fall guy. I won't even eat a poppy seeded bagle in LOS, lest I ever need to urinate in a cup, and I do love my poppy bagles, an almost daily breakfast repast, here in the states.

Now personally I'm liberatarian in my drug viewpoint, that doesn't mean I do drugs, but would rather the laws weren't there as its just too expensive fight, that can't be won. But the laws are there to be enforced, and everyone but the top military, police, and politicians that are involved in it are fair game. I rather they give heroin away and let the junkies kill themselfs overdosing. Darwinism at its best.

I KNOW that the Thai prisons are not nice places.

Steve was an idiot, I think that is pretty much accepted by everyone including himself. (Although I can understand why he could have big quantities for personal use, he REALLY should have thought ahead........and remembered where he was...........in Thailand AND Samuii..........and that the world HAS changed for drugs in Thailand)

THINKING is good for yer Health.

Does he deserves 33 1/3 years in Jail? - that is SOLELY a matter for the Thai Govt / people

Does he deserve a slow death sentence in Jail from starvation and ill treatment? - No. :D I would like to see the Brit Govt proactive in making sure that the Brit prisoners were provided with basic sanitary stuff, adequate food and adequate healthcare. Slow death from starvation and ill treatment is outside any reciprocal arrangements????

After 4 years he gets back to the UK - good for him :D Has to serve another 20 years in the UK? Well that is just tough sh#t mate :o . Life is not fair, but at least in the UK you will not die of dysentary.

Can't raise £11k? tough sh#t.

Junkies have a choice just like any person. Nobody ever made me crash a motorcycle.

Nobody ever stuck a needle in my arm. Nobody ever force fed me liquor.

Nobody made me kill somebody.

People do get used to a substance - be it smack or drink - but most people find something more constructive to do with their life.

But, and here is the BUT: The smack he had would be sold on to further others addiction or habit.

I have known a number of junkies who have completely screwed their lives and all the others around them and they are the most selfish people going. They don't give a rat's axx if their granny is burning to death just so long as they can rescue her purse.

Ask a junkie. I am sure after a few months clean they will tell you the same.

I don't care if junkies screw themselves up, fine, up to them - it's the others they drag into their mess and have to deal with the fall out. :o

If a member of my family?. Tent, food, rucksack, mountains, walk, fresh air for 2 weeks and nowhere to run to.

Actually - I would really like to get a project going for people like that in Scotland and people of every race. When I was a pilot (!) I had a drink problem, but I sorted that out easily enough.

The project, well - anyone interested - shout me on [email protected]

We have lots and lots of beautiful, empty countryside to walk and camp in here.......

I think that they are sick people. After reading some responses in this thread, I wonder what some people would do if their own family member(son or daughter) got into this mess. Would they still have the same opinion?

Have any of the som nam na crowd ever been addicted to drugs?

When I was a pilot (!) I had a drink problem, but I sorted that out easily enough.

So...how many hundreds of unwitting people's lives did you put at risk?

Did you serve any time?

Hasn't said he drank while on duty.

cv

When I was a pilot (!) I had a drink problem, but I sorted that out easily enough.

So...how many hundreds of unwitting people's lives did you put at risk?

Did you serve any time?

Hasn't said he drank while on duty.

cv

Would you expect him to?

Problem drinkers don't have much self control when it comes to alcohol; that's why it's a problem.

Would you want to fly in a plane with a pilot with a drink problem, sober, or, not?

I know I wouldn't. Why take the chance?

Edited by Sir Burr

As for you who mentioned AIDS - do you think it is fair that prisoners are forced to contract aids because their living conditions are so poor? The court didn't give them the death sentence - they may as well have!

Hmmm, perhaps you should heed your own advice:

...don' talk about what you don't know.

Hmm maybe you could explain how I am talking about what I don't know

You wrote: "prisoners are forced to contract aids because their living conditions are so poor"

You clearly do not know what you are talking about.

Just been reading through the site on the link that was included in the first post of this thread, it truly is a grim existence in there. If you read though the site, especially this page and still think Steve deserves his fate then you really are an extremely cold-hearted person. No human being deserves to be put through that kind of treatment, especially someone who's crime is merely posessing a smallish amount of drugs.

Carlar, you'll get a lot of thoughtless, compassionless posts on this topic from people who either don't seem to realise that this poor guy's family are reading this topic or (more worrying but possibly true in some cases) don't care. When you reach a post like that, just skip onto the next one, which will hopefully be one offering a bit more moral support. If you dwell on the more cold-hearted messages here you'll only get upset by them.

Ok lah nice topic.

I just thinking na, I see some people her that show no mercy for inmates and others do.

Suppose you go to some embassy and ask if there are any inmates you can visit

Yes embassy person tell you we have 3.

We have person 1 who is convicted of possesion (and possible trafficker) of drugs.

We have person 2 who is convicted of killing someone while driving drunk

We have person 3 who is convicted of raping and killing a child.

Who would you like to visit the embassy person asks you.

If you really feel the need to visit an inmate and give a litlle joy it would not matter.

But I am almost sure you will make a choice.

Just think about it....

Alex

Ok lah nice topic.

I just thinking na, I see some people her that show no mercy for inmates and others do.

Suppose you go to some embassy and ask if there are any inmates you can visit

Yes embassy person tell you we have 3.

We have person 1 who is convicted of possesion (and possible trafficker) of drugs.

We have person 2 who is convicted of killing someone while driving drunk

We have person 3 who is convicted of raping and killing a child.

Who would you like to visit the embassy person asks you.

If you really feel the need to visit an inmate and give a litlle joy it would not matter.

But I am almost sure you will make a choice.

Just think about it....

Alex

If, in this hypothetical situation, you mean these are three anonymous people then, yes, it would make no difference who to visit. But the point of this thread is that the topic starter knows someone in a similar situation to person number 1 in your example and is petitioning for help and / or support. I don't really see why you posted this though, is there some other point you're trying to get across?

As for you who mentioned AIDS - do you think it is fair that prisoners are forced to contract aids because their living conditions are so poor? The court didn't give them the death sentence - they may as well have!

You wrote: "prisoners are forced to contract aids because their living conditions are so poor"

People with aids - open wounds - no way of healing open wounds because prisoner's aren't provided with the appropriate necessities or sanitation to heal themselves. Also heroin it freely available in there -used needles left around. You don't have a choice if you have a open wound and contract the virvus into it. Maybe forced was the wrong word, but it isn't fair to keep people in such poor conditions where there is a high risk everyday you can contract such diseases and have no way of avoiding it. Some prisoners, I imagine, have committed the smallest of crimes.

Been to the Bangkok Hilton, read books of the conditions or asked a prisoner what it's like? I have so I guess I have a good idea of what I am talking about - have you?

It's not a nice place and if the country is keeping people alive everyone is entitled to basic human rights.

It is terribly tragic - another one bites the dust. A couple of points though:

1. Sarah Gregory made a telling comment after she was released from jail in the UK. after she had done time in Thailand and was 'exchanged'. There was nothing for her to do in a U.K. prison - but at least in Thailand she could occupy her days in various ways.

Re Steve:

2. The smack was virtually pure - this would have been cut down many times so 25 grammes he had would on the street become 100 or 200.

3. 14 'E''s and 11 yaa baa for personal use?. Who buys in bulk for personal use?. Especially knowing the penalties in LOS for possession.

4. He had been in Thailand for some time. Nobody but a deaf, dumb and blind man can be unaware of the penalties.

It's all terribly tragic and another life wasted but what of the end users of the gear?.

Folks on hard times should just turn themselves in to IDC - at least they get fed and do have a future. At least he never got caught in Singapore. :o

It is Sandra Gregory - her book is really interesting for those who want to learn about Thia prisons - a real eye opener.

14 Es - Have you been to a UK night club - people consume that in a night//weekend.

Where is everyone getting all the info on Steve? I am not prepared to discuss everything I know without Steve's consent, but there are plausible explantions for it all.

Yeah people take risks some get caught others don't. How many people go to nightclubs with drugs in the UK? Yeah the risk is far higher in Thailand.

Anyway loads of people buy for personal use in bulk - cheaper. You only need to sit in a UK court to learn that.

Thirty three and a half years for what was found was harsh - even for Thai standards. So even if you expect something - didn't expect that long.

Well whatever people think on drugs - lets face it no one will have the same views on anything. That would make us all very boring people. You will never wipe out drugs no matter what punishments you give to people.

If you want to visit an inmate - do it. It will be a learning experience. But may be you should try writing to them first. It isn't a zoo after all!

Don't forget that not everyone is in there for drugs and even if they are in there for drugs, there are several levels of involvement with drugs.

Another point about drugs, you only need to look at UK law on drugs. Someone can be convicted of supply for passing a drug to a mate. Its isn't clear cut. But one thing to say it that person will be sentenced on the facts - not necesarily as a drug dealer.

The inmates have got their sentence, so what is the point in arguing about whether it is right or wrong (again everyone will have a different opinion). As for the conditions - well they are bad - some say they are deserved, but that is what they are and Thailand isn't going to change on anyone's say so.

One last thing.. can someone please tell me why this whole topic has becomes about Steven Willcox. He isn't the only English prisoner in there. How are people getting so much info about him..and now his wife and child. They should be fully left out of the discussion. What have they done?

No one is really in the position to comment about him and certainly not his wife and child. No one knows they full facts about any prisoner, with the exceptions of those close to them. So how about we all get back to the real topic?

..and yes I agree I have made posts off the topic, but that was for personal reasons - not to discuss people's cases I do not know the full facts about.

I dont mean to be cruel here, but if you cant to the time dont do the crime.

I used to go out clubbing every weekend in the U.K when i was younger, and i did all the things associated with clubs, but i fully accepted the risks that came with what i was doing, and was prepared to do my time if i got caught, which thankfully i didnt.

Now i first came to Thailand when i was still in my clubbing days, but i had read about the laws regarding this sort of thing before i came to Thailand,and i knew fully the risks before i stepped onto Thai soil and i knew i would never touch anything illegal while here.

I have to say anyone who consumes, traffics or has drugs in any other way while in Thailand, has to be fully responsible for their own actions and consequences those actions bring.

I cant offer any sympathy for anyone who associates knowingly while in a country that has such harsh laws on drugs.

The people i feel sorry for are the parents, the people who spent 20-30 years bringing their child up to be a responsible adult, and this is the thanks they get!! a child locked up for 30 or 40 years for drug trafficking.

What a waste of life :o

Edited by daleyboy

Well whatever people think on drugs - lets face it no one will have the same views on anything. That would make us all very boring people. You will never wipe out drugs no matter what punishments you give to people.

If you want to visit an inmate - do it. It will be a learning experience. But may be you should try writing to them first. It isn't a zoo after all!

Don't forget that not everyone is in there for drugs and even if they are in there for drugs, there are several levels of involvement with drugs.

Another point about drugs, you only need to look at UK law on drugs. Someone can be convicted of supply for passing a drug to a mate. Its isn't clear cut. But one thing to say it that person will be sentenced on the facts - not necesarily as a drug dealer.

The inmates have got their sentence, so what is the point in arguing about whether it is right or wrong (again everyone will have a different opinion). As for the conditions - well they are bad - some say they are deserved, but that is what they are and Thailand isn't going to change on anyone's say so.

One last thing.. can someone please tell me why this whole topic has becomes about Steven Willcox. He isn't the only English prisoner in there. How are people getting so much info about him..and now his wife and child. They should be fully left out of the discussion. What have they done?

No one is really in the position to comment about him and certainly not his wife and child. No one knows they full facts about any prisoner, with the exceptions of those close to them. So how about we all get back to the real topic?

..and yes I agree I have made posts off the topic, but that was for personal reasons - not to discuss people's cases I do not know the full facts about.

Before you start asking nim-wickle questions and telling posters what they should/should not be talking about, why don't you read the thread from the beginning...You'll find Steven Wilcox's publicity/sympathy website on page one.

...and what do you know, lots of letters from Steve himself there with his side of the story...and yes ofcourse...pictures, comments about his wife and child.

As I said, they deserve all your sympathy...the child anyway. What has he done you ask? Nothing...except be born...but what, he's got to live with his father's actions. Grow up without his father. No father to hold him...play with him...teach him... ... ...

So what do you think...should mom just forget everything, move on, and find someone new? Atleast for the sake of her son??? Well, she's in a uneasy situation too. If she has any hope for little Oak to gain/retain his British citizenship/rights, and eventually move to the UK (if that's what she wants) she's got to keep relations with Steve's family. And how would she do that if she found someone new?? Not to mention, Steve's family is currently still supporting the poor woman with monthly stipends.

People with aids - open wounds - no way of healing open wounds because prisoner's aren't provided with the appropriate necessities or sanitation to heal themselves. Also heroin it freely available in there -used needles left around. You don't have a choice if you have a open wound and contract the virvus into it. Maybe forced was the wrong word, but it isn't fair to keep people in such poor conditions where there is a high risk everyday you can contract such diseases and have no way of avoiding it. Some prisoners, I imagine, have committed the smallest of crimes.

Been to the Bangkok Hilton, read books of the conditions or asked a prisoner what it's like? I have so I guess I have a good idea of what I am talking about - have you?

It's not a nice place and if the country is keeping people alive everyone is entitled to basic human rights.

HIV positive prisoners having open wounds, along with possibly infected needles left around, is a far cry from your previous statement: "prisoners are forced to contract aids because their living conditions are so poor", with or without the 'forced' word.

Not that I see the relevance, but you also say that you “imagine” some prisoners have committed the smallest of crimes. I suggest that is not the case in Bangkwang: it is a maximum security facility housing those sentenced to long prison terms or death.

No, I have not been to the ‘Bangkok Hilton’, but I have read several books on the subject. The latest book I read was by Colin Martin entitled ‘Welcome to Hel l’. Just a word of warning to anyone thinking of buying the book, the claim on the cover that the book concerns ‘One man’s fight for life in the Bangkok Hilton’ is erroneous as the book largely centres on his time spent in Chonburi prison, followed by a shorter period in Bangkok’s Klong Prem prison for medical reasons. It also includes obvious exaggerations as confirmed by fellow prisoners, memory lapses and inaccuracies as also observed in published reviews.

I have also read several reports from people who have visited prisoners at Bangkwang, most of whom mention the fact that they were not allowed to see the actual conditions inside the prison.

That said, I have absolutely no doubt that the conditions are grim at best and I would not wish anyone to have to witness the stark reality first hand.

However, as I have commented in a post above, the severity of the conditions in Thai prisons is common knowledge, as are the penalties for drug offences. Regardless, people chance their arm, get caught then bleat when they are faced with the reality of what they already knew to be the potential consequences of their actions.

They knew what would happen if they were caught, yet they still chose to offend. Whilst I can certainly empathise with the situation such sad people find themselves in, I find it difficult to sympathise that much if at all.

In this thread much focus has been made on the drugs found at Steve’s house, yet I do not recall seeing similar attention paid to the most serious charge.

According to Steve’s letter of 29/6/2005:

“I now found out I had apparently been jointly charged with this man also for the 760 grams of Heroin found on him, even though I was 700 Km away. They charged me with a Manufacture of 760 grams of Heroin crazy or what!!! This is about the most serious charge you can get in Thailand; of course I wouldn’t accept this charge.

The above quote obviously refers to Anthony Flanaghan, the Brit from Nuneaton (a town some 15 miles from Steve’s home town of Leicester) who claimed that Steve had paid him to transport the drugs to Bangkok and then hand them to one Andrew Potter.

Flanaghan is still on Death Row in Bangkwang awaiting his appeal to be heard as far as I know.

In a post above, you claim to be in possession of all the court papers pertaining to the evidence against Steve. Would you therefore confirm or deny that Steve was actually charged and convicted of supplying the 760 grams of Heroin to Flanaghan and that Flanaghan made a statement to that effect?

Steve was was never convicted of supplying any drugs to Flannagan. Police officers gave evidence at his trial that Steve was not supplying and there was no evidence of him supplying.

To be honest I am not interesting in reading your full post about how I don't know my own bloody family!!! Don't tell me what I know about my family! Your the one who has just said I had read book and publications. Publications media - oh yeah I forget they pirnt the truth!!

I also apologise to other posters, as I didn't realise there was a link to Steve's webpage at the start - I only accidentally logged onto this site seraching for a holiday !! I haven't used a chatroom before - but was extremely offended by what Mr. Helper was writing, which is completly incorrect!! Noel will note my reply was to Mr. Helper i.e aimed at him and the incorrectness of what he posted. Noel then decides to attack me, in what I said to Mr. Helper and tells me I don't know about my own cousin, Bangkwang, family!!

Not interested anymore. Steve's website says what I wish to say and now I know there is a link to it, people can form their own opinions. I will carry on fighting for my family and I know what I know about us and this situation - real families stick together no matter what - despite what Mr. Helper says!

Edited by carlar

To be honest I am not interesting in reading your full post about how I don't know my own bloody family!!! Don't tell me what I know about my family! Your the one who has just said I had read book and publications. Publications media - oh yeah I forget they pirnt the truth!!

I also apologise to other posters, as I didn't realise there was a link to Steve's webpage at the start - I only accidentally logged onto this site seraching for a holiday !! I haven't used a chatroom before - but was extremely offended by what Mr. Helper was writing, which is completly incorrect!! Noel will note my reply was to Mr. Helper i.e aimed at him and the incorrectness of what he posted. Noel then decides to attack me, in what I said to Mr. Helper and tells me I don't know about my own cousin, Bangkwang, family!!

Not interested anymore. Steve's website says what I wish to say and now I know there is a link to it, people can form their own opinions. I will carry on fighting for my family and I know what I know about us and this situation - real families stick together no matter what - despite what Mr. Helper says!

Carlar, whilst I can understand the tunnel vision mentality of a relation of someone locked up in such a terrible place, it does not excuse flagrant misrepresentation of what has been posted and for having a selective memory.

I also cannot see how you can refer to the content of a post of mine when you state you are not interested in reading it.

You go on to scorn my reference to having read publications on Thai prisoners, yet my reference was made in direct reply to your question as to whether or not I had! You then go on to ridicule the validity of the content of such accounts.

However, in a previous post you also chose to recommend that people should read such books:

It is Sandra Gregory - her book is really interesting for those who want to learn about Thia prisons - a real eye opener.

You cannot have it both ways.

You also claim above that: ”Noel then decides to attack me, in what I said to Mr. Helper and tells me I don't know about my own cousin, Bangkwang, family!!

That is complete fiction; what I wrote was:

Care to show me where I told you that you did not know about your ”own cousin, Bangkwang, family”?

You cannot, as that exists only in your imagination.

I was simply pointing out that you did not know what you were talking about concerning AIDS.

Perhaps your inability or unwillingness to comprehend the written word, preferring to invent content instead, stems from your irritation at not receiving the outpouring of sympathy for Steve that you were hoping for.

Moreover, your closing statement that you are no longer interested because you now know there is a link to Steve’s website does little for your credibility. Steve’s name and the link to his site were clearly stated in the very first post of this thread; Blind Benjamin could not have missed it.

I do not blame you for trying to help Steve, but you are doing his cause no good whatsoever by making false claims and contradicting yourself.

Feel free to challenge anything I write, but please stick to what I actually do write and desist from making things up to support your flagging argument.

Just asking you guys for some info for this one:

A couple of years ago there was the story of this guy from Southampton England which gotta lot of attention in the Thai newspapers but very little in the English dailies here.

The Thai media latched onto the story cause it was quite a ridiculous one.

The English guy had just arrived in Bangkok with thousands of ecstasy sewed into his track-suit bottoms. Without even finding a room first he started walking around Sanam Luang calling up his 'contact' but couldn't get through!

Infuriated with the wait he popped a few of the pills for his awn consumption and being completely 'on a high' began walking around Sanam Luang shirtless singing at the top of his voice.

He was soon arrested by Chanasongkram Police for 'not wearing a shirt in public' (ie being a nuisance!) Realizing he looked rather 'off his trosh' the police stripped-searched him and he was busted!

He hadnt been in the country for half a day and he was already behind bars! I saw this guy on the Thai TV News and his only words were (obviously still high) "My only regret is - i didnt see anymore of the country!"

I did a search for this guy on the Net to find out what happened to him.

He was from the same home town as me!

Wouldnt mind catching up with this guy. Anyone got any more info on what happened to him or at least afford me his name....

Cheers

Edited by stevesuphan

A couple of years ago there was the story of this guy from Southampton England which gotta lot of attention in the Thai newspapers but very little in the English dailies here.

Wouldnt mind catching up with this guy. Anyone got any more info on what happened to him or at least afford me his name....

Cheers

Click Here for the initial story.

Cheers

It seems he is serving 50 years in Bangkwang, Building Three.

Click on: Bangkwang: Foreign Prisoners

Cheers

It seems he is serving 50 years in Bangkwang, Building Three.

Click on: Bangkwang: Foreign Prisoners

Thanks for that Noel, much appreciated!

This is a reminder for us all if we choose to see it as that. To make the right choices. When you drive a car drunk, have unprotected sex or decide to make money illegally among other activities you open yourself to face the consequences of these actions.

Everyone knows that illegal activity lead to 1 place, no matter what country you are in. The sentence may vary but whatever it may be it was earned. There are repercussions for illegal activates, Steve made the wrong choice and I am sure he certainly realizes it now.

This is proof to the majority that by making the right choices, although not always easier are the right choices. One bad move and it is over, you can't rollback time. Steve ruined his life, reading his story and learning assures me of not repeating his mistakes. Hopefully that is true for us all reading his story.

So under this reasoning people who do drugs should receive no sympathy, hey they knew the consequences, they choose to do the drugs. So Steve doesn't have any victims of his trade as people purchased the drugs knowing the consequences if they got hurt later well it is their own fault not Steve's...