Rice Bran

kenny999

You going to use it for fishing?

Let me know how it goes...

yes will be using it for fishing, all the web sites say rice bran for the Mekong, I have seen a man and his guide using this bait and they caught fish all day including a 40kg plus Mekong.

yes will be using it for fishing, all the web sites say rice bran for the Mekong, I have seen a man and his guide using this bait and they caught fish all day including a 40kg plus Mekong.

You saw them using it in Phuket and it caught them? Interesting...

I was told that the Mekongs are extremely hard to catch in Sawai lake because what they were fed in the fish farm on the wrong type of food, and they were not sutiable for a fishing lake. Basically they brought the wrong fish. Therefore I was assuming a more natural bait would be the approach for them there. If rice bran works I will try it also.

When are you planing to go??

You saw them using it in Phuket and it caught them? Interesting...

I was told that the Mekongs are extremely hard to catch in Sawai lake because what they were fed in the fish farm on the wrong type of food, and they were not sutiable for a fishing lake. Basically they brought the wrong fish. Therefore I was assuming a more natural bait would be the approach for them there. If rice bran works I will try it also.

When are you planing to go??

going to sawai tomorrow, I dont know if this bait will work but I have tried everything else and am fecked off with the Pacu in this place, I have used Hot dog sausage and chicken heart which has caught me many Red tails my biggest 20kg, but the Pacu also love this, bloody things!!!!! I have been told the Mekong in Sawai are wild so that is why they are difficult to catch, we will see tomorrow!!!!!

going to sawai tomorrow, I dont know if this bait will work but I have tried everything else and am fecked off with the Pacu in this place, I have used Hot dog sausage and chicken heart which has caught me many Red tails my biggest 20kg, but the Pacu also love this, bloody things!!!!! I have been told the Mekong in Sawai are wild so that is why they are difficult to catch, we will see tomorrow!!!!!

To be honest I am very peed of with that place not only do we pay 3 times as much as the thai's to fish there, everyone that goes there is taught to smash there end tackle on to the water in order to remove excess bait so <deleted> annoying, also the Pacu are a nightmare I normally lose 4/5 hooks everytime I go there, but in saying that even at 600 a day it is a cheap place in relation to ther top waters so will just not go so often, as for bait I will keep trying as that is how eventually you will come upon the killer bait.

I know the feeling. Although sometimes I smash my end tackle in the water. This is probably after I have lost a Pacu.... :)

Anyway, I am going on Saturday and will proabably try some deadbait/chicken on one rod, and bread/corn on the other.

Target a big redtail and big carp. If I come away with Pacu and Sawai will be disapointed.

I know the feeling. Although sometimes I smash my end tackle in the water. This is probably after I have lost a Pacu.... :)

Anyway, I am going on Saturday and will proabably try some deadbait/chicken on one rod, and bread/corn on the other.

Target a big redtail and big carp. If I come away with Pacu and Sawai will be disapointed.

For Redtail use Hot dog sausage from Tesco or just a big bit of bread in the margin gets them all of the time, one thing dont tell them you are fishing for Red Tail Eck told me the other day they charge 2500 bht to fish for them, I caught a Mekong there recently about 12/13kgs just on bread on the bottom, lucky I think but a great fighting fish. going to Bangkok on the 12th 13th and 14th 2 days fishing, Bungsamran lake hopefully be with Eddie mounce, expensive but it will be 2 days fishing of a lifetime.

Oh as for Sawai lake and Mekong I have seen what they feed them on, will let you know tomorrow what happens if anything!!!!!!!

They are likely wild river mekongs caught and sold on the cheap. Fish farm mekongs are still fed lam with fish guts and egg in it.

In the big rivers they are very hard to get as numbers are thin. A lot of info suggests mekongs feed mostly at night but its not certain.

The problem in Phuket is the numbers. The lake is too full of small sawai and pacu. They need to empty the place and start again.

You are better off fishing Bangkok once a month. The difference is impossible to put into words...

put it this way, the sawai in big bangkok pay lakes go above 20kgs and the locals often dont bother with them.

Mekongs start at around 30kg.

The sawai I have caught could knock you out if you held them wrong, no joke.

Sounds amazing and yes fishing here in Phuket is expensive and although you catch quite a few fish in a day at Sawai lake it is mostly small between 5 to 7 kgs with the odd and I mean odd Mekong plus lots of Pacu, the fishing in Bangkok sounds great what waters are cheap and good to fish?

I am at Bungsamran lake on the 13th and 14th Sept with fishingThailand expensive but for me it will be 2 days fishing of a lifetime.

Any help with venues would be appreciated.