Foreign Drug Dealers Are Targeting Thailand

webfact

Give these drug smugglers and dealers the DEATH PENALTY - If these idiots think their life is worth the crime, so be it!

I think you'll find that this doesn't actually eradicate the problem - especially in a country where half the people in prison aren't guilty and the police protect the interests of those "too important to be captured" regardless of what business they are in.

But if it somehow makes you happy, or assuages some of your rage to imagine drug dealers getting lethal injections, then carry on...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way some of us still view any one of color still baffles me.

I once saw a non colored tourist walk from banglapul to Pantip without a shirt, its was a pretty hot day and the I was in traffic in an air conditioned car, may be I should have hollered at him to dress up.

The guys eating rice with minimal clothing might have a very good reason for doing that, its not like the poster that saw them was meeting them in that condition everyday he walks by. May be coming from Brixton or Compton might have had its influnce on his 'nonsensical' thinking.

I once saw a non colored tourist walk from banglapul to Pantip without a shirt, its was a pretty hot day and the I was in traffic in an air conditioned car, may be I should have hollered at him to dress up.

The guys eating rice with minimal clothing might have a very good reason for doing that, its not like the poster that saw them was meeting them in that condition everyday he walks by. May be coming from Brixton or Compton might have had its influnce on his 'nonsensical' thinking.

I think he was referring to the lack of clothing not as a disparaging characteristic, but to indicate that these guys felt right at home where they were - the lack of clothig indicated residency rather than a passing visit. As for taking note of there being "people of colour" in that setting, it is "racist" in the strict definition of the word, meaning discerning by race, but it is not bigoted, as in making negative judgments based on the men's colour. He simply saw a very unusual situation (particularly unusual because a large percentage of Thais appear to be racist) and mentioned it. I suppose he was supposed to be colour blind and not notice whether the people by the tracks were black or white or yellow or blue....

Oh yeah, and I'm a white guy, and when I see white guys walking down a public street with just a pair of shorts and flip flops (and it is almost always white guys who do this), I want to shout out to "put some clothes on you disrespectful ignorant moron!"

I think he was referring to the lack of clothing not as a disparaging characteristic, but to indicate that these guys felt right at home where they were - the lack of clothig indicated residency rather than a passing visit. As for taking note of there being "people of colour" in that setting, it is "racist" in the strict definition of the word, meaning discerning by race, but it is not bigoted, as in making negative judgments based on the men's colour. He simply saw a very unusual situation (particularly unusual because a large percentage of Thais appear to be racist) and mentioned it. I suppose he was supposed to be colour blind and not notice whether the people by the tracks were black or white or yellow or blue....

We could start a poll to determine the appropriate amount of clothing a person should have on them in Bangkok.

Lets assume that these folks just were on their way back to their nice airconditioned condos after a game of footie across the tracks and stopped to have the delicious rice the stall was selling as the poster happened to saunter by.

He was being stereotypical when he brought up the issue of a group of shirtless men of color eating rice at a stall by the tracks in thread of Foreign drug dealers targeting Thialand. He might not have mentioned it if it was a thread about pedophiles.

Just saying.

Before I came to Thailand I thought there was a strict ant drug regime with harsh penalties for drug dealing in the Kingdom, after living here for nearly three years it seems it is not the case, I live under the laws of Thailand, pain in the ass visa runs, attending Thai language lessons everyday to try and communicate in the local language, then I see people who obviously do not have a pot to p#ss in, off there heads on who knows what, police who do not give a flying fck as long as they get a little sweetener, this needs to start from the very top, get rid of the illegal immigrants, death penalties for drug dealers, death penalty for police taking bribes to turn there backs on the dealers.I have visited Singapore about 6 times in the last few years, I have not seen one policeman,why? because the promises of harsh sentences will be carried out and as far as I have been informed the policemen will not accept bribes, if Thailand wants to be taken seriously as a business hub in Asia it needs to clean up its act

Good news! There is a simple solution to this drug problem. We can legalize all drugs and then regulate them in the same way we do other drugs such as alcohol and tobacco. By doing this, we remove the profit motive so that the smugglers, dealers, and street sellers will all have to find other forms of employment. The savings on law enforcement costs will enable proper treatment for those with drug abuse issues--with loads of money left over.

Don't believe me, though. I'm just a guy on the Internet. See what the LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) experts have to say about it. These are former drug warriors who understand that Drug Prohibition is the cause of the problem and NOT the solution.

We have some dangerous substances legalized so legalize a bunch more? The legalized stuff is poorly regulated. As Daffy Duck once said "What a maroon!"

You deal in drugs you deal in addicts demise and death - remove all these scumbuckets from society - why 'accommodate' them for the next 20+ then have them out on amnesty forgiveness political crap - execute them summarily if proven beyond a shadow of a doubt (internal carriers for one) and don't waste time or money on them. Look at the overwhelming destruction now of the US! The addiction makes it criminal. But lazy scumbags will do what is necessary to not work 40 hours for USD10 an hour - do you blame them? Legalising it will not solve any issue for an addict.

Took a short cut from Payathai to Pratunam via the Payathai train tracks the other day. There is a desperately poor community living next to the tracks, quite literally like the poorest I have seen in Thailand. Yet amidst the daily comings and goings of the people were a number of African men. Two were sitting down at a table eating rice with little clothes on, another two were perched on a rubbish tip and shouted at me "hey, yo, wassup" aggressively as I walked through...I felt like I was in Brixton (London)- I hollered back in my best gruff Cockney voice " yea, you kool bruv"...Then another guy walked around the corner with a big gold watch draping from his arm speaking loudly on a mobile phone. Now before the PC brigade go mental I am not at all racist, but clearly this was odd that these guys were living amongst one of the poorest communities in Bangkok on a railway line. I left baffled as to what they were doing there. If they can only afford to stay there then surely they don't have legit visas, right? And it is rather odd that the Thais of that small community were accommodating them....I hate to jump to conclusions for fear of stereotyping but can only think that this was a good place to stay out of the way of the police, perhaps they are paying the community to let them stay there incognito. Or perhaps the police said stay there and out of sight and give us a cut of your dealings...thoughts?

Your thinking appears to be nonsensical. Perhaps they don't find it easy to secure rented accommodation in other areas. Wasn't it much like that in Britain forty years ago? That people would be denied accommodaion because of the colour of their skin? Also in the USA?

Jiu-Jitsu has apparently never been to the states.

There are no "Whites Only" areas and have not been for 60 years or more.

However, there are many "Blacks Only" areas or other "Ethnic Only" areas. Don't walk around Chinatown in the very early morning, unless you are Chinese...

Americans have a mixed culture; European, Japanese, Mexican, Polynesian, Spanish, Chinese, French, Arab, African, et. al.

California is over 50% ethnic...

My own family is of mixed heritage - European and Native American. Many in the family have married ethnic, so the family has Polynesian, Korean, Thai, Black, Indian and a few whites in the mix...

<br />Good news! There is a simple solution to this drug problem. We can legalize all drugs and then regulate them in the same way we do other drugs such as alcohol and tobacco. By doing this, we remove the profit motive so that the smugglers, dealers, and street sellers will all have to find other forms of employment. The savings on law enforcement costs will enable proper treatment for those with drug abuse issues--with loads of money left over.<br /><br />Don't believe me, though. I'm just a guy on the Internet. See what the <a href='http://www.leap.cc/cms/index.php' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>LEAP (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) experts</a> have to say about it. These are former drug warriors who understand that Drug Prohibition is the cause of the problem and NOT the solution.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Absolutely TRUE! People who want to use drugs, use them anyway, legal or illegal.

Better to sell them in (coffee)shops, and let the government tax it. The savings in police, prisons, and the juridical system are UNbelievable...

BTW, I do not believe for ONE second that Nepali bring in marijuana. Hasjish I can believe... Ever tried to get marijuana in Nepal?!? Impossible, only chardas :-)

Marijuana from Nepal? Where? For all you naive people who think the war on drugs will succeed are living in a dream world. For thai's its not meant to be won, only controlled. The drug dealers you see around the popular soi's are protected by the police. They rely on those kickbacks from the dealers to operate as their daily income since their police salary sucks. This has been going on for the past 35 years I've been here and will NEVER change. TIT This explains why some tourists and ex-pats see them dealing in plain view of police. Better get used to it...its never gonna change. Just another day in Thailand, and more tea money for the police

And i'm suspicious of you, for no reason, just because the color of your skin.... makes sense??? Get a life...

You are a fuc_king jackass, sorry to say, Whites or Thai, are not the only people qualified to travel around

i would be suspicious of anybody who is not white or Thai

not to be racist, but this is Thailand ;)

He's not being a jackass. Who gives you the right to throw insults at him? Anyone can be suspicious of anyone - for any reason. You don't belong on this forum you idiot.

Pushers are the lowest form of life on the planet apart from pimps. Yes anyone knows it is easier (albeit more riskier) to sell drugs than work 40 hours a week for a pittance. But the lives they destroy are worth the death penalty. The issue is not the legality of drugs, it is the parasites who prey on the addicts sucking them dry for every penny they have as well as those they steal to pay for their addiction. Legalising drugs will only increase the addicts and the rate of crime and destruction of addicts, third parties whose homes are broken into as well as the families associated with the addicts. It is a spiraling curve so I am all for the death penalty. Take a life - you risk nothing more than your own - I say go for it.

Marijuana from Nepal? Where? For all you naive people who think the war on drugs will succeed are living in a dream world. For thai's its not meant to be won, only controlled. The drug dealers you see around the popular soi's are protected by the police. They rely on those kickbacks from the dealers to operate as their daily income since their police salary sucks. This has been going on for the past 35 years I've been here and will NEVER change. TIT This explains why some tourists and ex-pats see them dealing in plain view of police. Better get used to it...its never gonna change. Just another day in Thailand, and more tea money for the police

Why do you think this is unique only to Thailand? Guess what? Criminals pay off police in every country of the world. Always have and always will.

The problem in Thailand is Yaba and its variants. It is incredibly cheap and addictive. Ok, so let's grant the proponents of the legalize it brigade their wish. Where pray tell, will Thailand house the millions of addicts that will result from the policy? Who is going to deal with the resulting violence and family breakdowns? If even 100,000 young males are removed from the work force the economy will suffer. And just how is quality going to be ensured in this decision to legalize all forms of various chemicals? If Yaba is to be legalized, then surely there is no need to restrict hazardous and toxic chemicals anymore, since the potions and pills found on the street are often just as poisonous. Who will police the yaba labs and the toxic waste? What happens when people start brewing up yaba in their crowded apartment blocks in Bangkok and the place goes boom? I'm all for the decriminalization of weed, but somewhere along the way one has to draw the line as it becomes a public health and safety issue. Look at the impact of Cat on some war ravaged countries like Sudan and Somalia. Look at what happened in Liberia. Now imagine if yaba had been legal during the recent fun in Bangkok.

For the time being, there is only one solution. Give the foreign drug trafficers back to their homelands (in most cases) and let those countries dispose of their filth.

This thread has taken so many crazy directions you'd have to wonder if some of the contributors have been smoking something.

I often wear very few clothes - T-shirt and shorts. Doesn't mean anything at all. Jesus, at night I sleep butt-naked. Must be selling drugs in my sleep!

Touchy subject - but look around Sukhumvit Soi 3 to 5 on any night after 9pm and Africans men are becoming more and more aggressive in their "sales technique". It's barely even Thai around there anymore. Don't call me racist. I'm making a statement of fact.

yea sure, dont you mean 11? 3 to 5 is the place for girls and ladyboys. there are some girls from madagascar there, but that's pretty much it for the africans.

Took a short cut from Payathai to Pratunam via the Payathai train tracks the other day. There is a desperately poor community living next to the tracks, quite literally like the poorest I have seen in Thailand. Yet amidst the daily comings and goings of the people were a number of African men. Two were sitting down at a table eating rice with little clothes on, another two were perched on a rubbish tip and shouted at me "hey, yo, wassup" aggressively as I walked through...I felt like I was in Brixton (London)- I hollered back in my best gruff Cockney voice " yea, you kool bruv"...Then another guy walked around the corner with a big gold watch draping from his arm speaking loudly on a mobile phone. Now before the PC brigade go mental I am not at all racist, but clearly this was odd that these guys were living amongst one of the poorest communities in Bangkok on a railway line. I left baffled as to what they were doing there. If they can only afford to stay there then surely they don't have legit visas, right? And it is rather odd that the Thais of that small community were accommodating them....I hate to jump to conclusions for fear of stereotyping but can only think that this was a good place to stay out of the way of the police, perhaps they are paying the community to let them stay there incognito. Or perhaps the police said stay there and out of sight and give us a cut of your dealings...thoughts?

Your thinking appears to be nonsensical. Perhaps they don't find it easy to secure rented accommodation in other areas. Wasn't it much like that in Britain forty years ago? That people would be denied accommodaion because of the colour of their skin? Also in the USA?

pathetic reply with all the hotels half empty and the fact these guys are all mostly here up to no good,the area is like a home from home for them

Touchy subject - but look around Sukhumvit Soi 3 to 5 on any night after 9pm and Africans men are becoming more and more aggressive in their "sales technique". It's barely even Thai around there anymore. Don't call me racist. I'm making a statement of fact.

yea sure, dont you mean 11? 3 to 5 is the place for girls and ladyboys. there are some girls from madagascar there, but that's pretty much it for the africans.

The problem in Thailand is Yaba and its variants. It is incredibly cheap and addictive. Ok, so let's grant the proponents of the legalize it brigade their wish. Where pray tell, will Thailand house the millions of addicts that will result from the policy? /../

You seem to think that if it was legalized but sold with proper information, that there would be an explosion in the number of users?

Actually, I think the amount of users would be close to the number as when it is illegal.

None of the people I know in the party-circuit that use any of the party drugs care if the drugs is legal or not, the status isn't a real factor if they will use it or not. Even if they in some cases might even have tried it since it was 'forbidden fruit', aka the illegal status was a negative point from a perspective of getting the world clean from drugs...

Edited by TAWP

I disagree. It is restricted to the police, the military, and to those who pay the prerequisite culturally appropriate gifts. Pity the disorganized criminals: easy to catch, easy to vilify, and probably incapable to kick up enough money to keep themselves out of jail

Of course, there is the need to blame the ubiquitous black drug dealer who probably accounts for less than 1% of the drug trade. $0 guys on Soi 3 can hardly be considered the major shakers and movers of the Thai drug trade. But after all, they are large, black, and I suppose, scary. Such perfect boogie men. Small little minds with compromised genitals can shutter at the thought of such villains.

Too right !! Dont these people know drug dealing is a restricted profession for Thais only (especially police).

Edited by fightjapanrc

Why is it touchy? Why do racist always want to pretend they are not racist? Just be an open racist. Don't need to be so delicate about it. 40 Blacks on Soi 3 are the big movers and shakers of the drug trade in Thailand? All that Yaba which can be found in every nook and village in this country is being distributed by them? Come on, I know faranges in Thailand are not the the brightest light bulbs, but you got to have some qualms about suggesting something so fundamentally unintelligent. Clearly a statement motivated more by emotion than even the crudest analysis.

I disagree. It is restricted to the police, the military, and to those who pay the prerequisite culturally appropriate gifts. Pity the disorganized criminals: easy to catch, easy to vilify, and probably incapable to kick up enough money to keep themselves out of jail

Of course, there is the need to blame the ubiquitous black drug dealer who probably accounts for less than 1% of the drug trade. $0 guys on Soi 3 can hardly be considered the major shakers and movers of the Thai drug trade. But after all, they are large, black, and I suppose, scary. Such perfect boogie men. Small little minds with compromised genitals can shutter at the thought of such villains.

The black guys are just runners 99% of the time. They are cheaply hired to do a high risk job just like all the Filipino and common Iranian mules you've been seeing in the news. Back in the day they used to get hordes of stupid backpackers to do this job. Now with the advent of more open borders and the internet they can organize more efficiently and across a broader population.

Smaller cartels and individuals who go independent from the system are likely to get dimed out by the competition to the Thai law enforcement who may or may not to be working for the big time drug lords. The real shot callers are usually "respected" members of society and have a lot of money and influence to peddle. They are untouchable in pretty much any society until they expose themselves too much..see: Pablo Escobar, Khun Sa.

The modern day Mexican cartels are pretty much invincible with a lot of middle men who are basically real life soldiers and law enforcement. I don't see Thailand as any different really..it has a similar setup and it is similarly impervious unless non corrupted special operations are set up at the highest levels to break up the cartels. Which isn't going to happen because the biggest drug cartels in SE asia are usually highly protected by powerful government heads.