New Blackberry User....Need Help

Just got a BB curve 8900 yesterday, charged the phone for a few hours then took a taxi to an office and charged for another 4-5 hours. Later on I was in the pub and noticed that the battery bars seemed to be dropping very fast and it felt quite warm too. I also noticed that some kind of loading symbol was constantly appearing on the screen, it looks like a small clock face eith the big hand going round, I wasnt using it for anything though.

Switched it off and charged it for a good 10+ hours last night and this morning, then noticed that the 'wifi' symbol was showing in the top right corner so after looking in settings I saw that wifi was switched on and it was probably trying to access a wifi signal so I turned it off however the loading clock symbol is still showing on and off and its still warm and I see that the battery is quickly losing power again :(

Any ideas what is going on?

This only started happening with the clock loading symbol after I played around with the msn, wifi and other net settings yesterday. I turned off wifi this morning and it's still doing it, I didnt setup edge yet so cant access msn or internet right now....

This only started happening with the clock loading symbol after I played around with the msn, wifi and other net settings yesterday. I turned off wifi this morning and it's still doing it, I didnt setup edge yet so cant access msn or internet right now....

The clock thing happens to me when I reboot (take the battery out). It takes sometime to finish. Try taking the battery out and put it back in. To turn on EDGE go to mobile network settings : data services : on ; Save.

ok thanks will try that, have a friend online saying something about too many apps. making the processor work too much too....

btw, when you do get connected to EDGE, using your blackberry browser download Opera Mini (www.opera.com) to use as your web browser. 

ok thanks will try that, have a friend online saying something about too many apps. making the processor work too much too....

btw, when you do get connected to EDGE, using your blackberry browser download Opera Mini (www.opera.com) to use as your web browser.

I felt the same when i bought my Blackberry Bold 9700 in April 2010, I always make sure all the apps that are running behind are closed and have upgraded the firmware. Now my battery lasts for around 2.5 days. It also depends from person to person as per his usage behaviour.

Edited by Blackberry9700