You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Expats Meeting And Dons Buffet

scorpio1945

Incase anyone is interested, here is information about the speaker tomorrow.

Guest Speaker – Mr. Neil Ray

Our guest speaker is non other than Mr. Neil Ray who’s topic is “30 years in 30 minutes and now in Chiang Rai”. Neil is a professional photographer, writer and editor and with lots of anecdotes it will be a very interesting 30 minutes or so. You may note that Neil wrote about our last meeting in the August edition of The Expat Newsletter which will be available at the meeting.

Our guest speaker is non other than Mr. Neil Ray who's topic is "30 years in 30 minutes and now in Chiang Rai". Neil is a professional photographer, writer and editor and with lots of anecdotes it will be a very interesting 30 minutes or so. You may note that Neil wrote about our last meeting in the August edition of The Expat Newsletter which will be available at the meeting.

I seem to remember you being against the expats,change of heart or do you just talk a lot ?.

Expat meetings? I have been hiding in my cave for these many years. :lol:

Don't think you have missed much, except the hard sell. :whistling::hit-the-fan:

Probably will never be an attendee as my time at home is at a premium when not working overseas, apart from the odd bike ride that is.

Our guest speaker is non other than Mr. Neil Ray who's topic is "30 years in 30 minutes and now in Chiang Rai". Neil is a professional photographer, writer and editor and with lots of anecdotes it will be a very interesting 30 minutes or so. You may note that Neil wrote about our last meeting in the August edition of The Expat Newsletter which will be available at the meeting.

I seem to remember you being against the expats,change of heart or do you just talk a lot ?.

I am not a member, the organization itself I am not thrilled with, and the meetings have yet to produce a truly interesting speaker. That said my best friend attends and we like to go for a coffee afterwards. I always find new people to talk to, as well, before the meeting. I am not one to let my negative feelings about someone or something get in my way. I'm just a man full of contradictions and I'm okay with that. Consistency is for simple minds and leads to a boring life. ;)

Edited by villagefarang

Up a Bit Late Woralak 00:30 !?

I doubt I'll ever go, but like VF , I'm full of contradictions also, or full of $h!T depending who your asking ;)

So never say never ...

Simple Minds ! ... Thanks for the cue for a song VF . :D New Gold Dream , anyone ? .... Belfast Child or Mandela Day

I am not a member, the organization itself I am not thrilled with, and the meetings have yet to produce a truly interesting speaker. That said my best friend attends and we like to go for a coffee afterwards. I always find new people to talk to, as well, before the meeting. I am not one to let my negative feelings about someone or something get in my way. I'm just a man full of contradictions and I'm okay with that. Consistency is for simple minds and leads to a boring life. ;)

Yiu are not the only one!:thumbsup:

You said it all in the last sentance VF.

As long as your happy.

I doubt I'll ever go, but like VF , I'm full of contradictions also, or full of $h!T depending who your asking ;)

So never say never ...

Simple Minds ! ... Thanks for the cue for a song VF . :D New Gold Dream , anyone ? .... Belfast Child or Mandela Day

Just wetting the baby's head,new grandson born on the 3rd (just found out),so i had a few to celebrate,suffering today though,John and his missus are coming soon,he's gonna cook a dinner for us (LEG OF LAMB)Hmmmm yum yum,will wash it down with a glass or 2 of red red wine (another song),cheers M8,catch up soon.

Edited by woralak

So never say never ...

Just wetting the baby's head,new grandson born on the 3rd (just found out),so i had a few to celebrate,suffering today though,John and his missus are coming soon,he's gonna cook a dinner for us (LEG OF LAMB)Hmmmm yum yum,will wash it down with a glass or 2 of red red wine (another song),cheers M8,catch up soon.

Now I'm hungry.....I see you have a box of Chateau Collapsible woralak :D

Congratulations, ........ you've been doing a lot of celebrating lately.

I'm hungry too. Not had a leg of lamb for.... well I can't remember when .

Don't get too much road kill lamb around here ;-)

Not one bottle of Tiger beer in sight either. You feeling alright or have you gone all sophisticated on me. B)

Tell John I want to have a ride of his Kawasaki KLX 250 when he's finished breaking it in. ...... or should I say .. falling off it :)

So never say never ...

Now I'm hungry.....I see you have a box of Chateau Collapsible woralak :D

Gaz ur wecome anytime bonnie lad,chateau collapso is not my scene but i do like the odd tipple when its appropriate,i like's the tiger myself,wine is for (RODNEY'S),what,ok fine,im arriving Cynthia never mind (Rupert it's normal).

Cheers M8.

Congratulations, ........ you've been doing a lot of celebrating lately.

I'm hungry too. Not had a leg of lamb for.... well I can't remember when .

Don't get too much road kill lamb around here ;-)

Not one bottle of Tiger beer in sight either. You feeling alright or have you gone all sophisticated on me. B)

Tell John I want to have a ride of his Kawasaki KLX 250 when he's finished breaking it in. ...... or should I say .. falling off it :)

I told John and he said na bother anytime,tiger is for afters ya puff.

My first time today and Neil Ray was truly entertaining, he will be a hard act to follow. A good crowd, well led and the meeting ran to time (rare in this Land)

My first time today and Neil Ray was truly entertaining, he will be a hard act to follow. A good crowd, well led and the meeting ran to time (rare in this Land)

Sorry I kind of ran off there at the end but my injured friend and I had plans. I'll try and be more sociable next time we cross paths.

Perhaps my funny bone wasn't working today, so I will refrain from commenting on the speaker. ;) Glad you had a good time. :)

I noticed a lot of you guys over the pond were poker faced during his Tommy Copper skits, English humour (US - humor) not compatable, however, Lman does crease up at Jay Leno. How about the Thai comedy one sometimes has to endure on the bus trips and the home TV, we both hate that lubbert!

I noticed a lot of you guys over the pond were poker faced during his Tommy Copper skits, English humour (US - humor) not compatable, however, Lman does crease up at Jay Leno. How about the Thai comedy one sometimes has to endure on the bus trips and the home TV, we both hate that lubbert!

I'm not convinced that the pond has that much to do with it. My Oxford educated friend seemed even less impressed than I was. I figure people just like what they like and find humor in whatever appeals to them. Never found Jay Leno entertaining, by the way.

We have a separate TV for any Thai stuff and if I had the misfortune to find myself to a long-distance bus trip, the iPod would be on full volume. ;)

So never say never ...

Congratulation Granddad.

Boy do you now feel old :)

I'm not convinced that the pond has that much to do with it. My Oxford educated friend seemed even less impressed than I was. I figure people just like what they like and find humor in whatever appeals to them. Never found Jay Leno entertaining, by the way.

We have a separate TV for any Thai stuff and if I had the misfortune to find myself to a long-distance bus trip, the iPod would be on full volume. ;)

As there a Rotty thread at the moment I couldn't resist posting this one, curtesy of the late and great Tommy Cooper:-

A man takes his Rottweiler to the vet. 'My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for him? 'Well, 'says the vet, 'let's have a look at him' so he picks the dog up and examines his eyes, then checks his teeth.

Finally, he says ' I'm going to have to put him down. 'What? Because he's cross-eyed?' No, because he's really heavy'

post-42984-043903900 1281314613_thumb.jp

Another Tommy Cooper:

Tommy Cooper arrives to Liverpool trainstation and takes a taxi to his hotel.

He is telling jokes all the way and the taxidriver is very happy to have such a prominent guest in his cab.

Arriving to the hotel, Cooper pays the fare and then he takes from his pocket and puts in the drivers breastpocket with the words: "Here good man is something for a drink afterwards!"

The taxidriver stops after passing around the corner wondering how much tip he has got from the famous Tommy Cooper.

What he finds in his breastpocket is a teabag!

This is a true story and if you do not belive me you can ask the taxidriver himself at next Hash, the only one from Liverpool that comes to the CR Hash, at least the only taxidriver!

:shock1::w00t::crazy:

So never say never ...

Congratulation Granddad.

Boy do you now feel old :)

Hi Lizard,just catching up been a way for a wee while,age is just a number,this is my 7th grandchild the oldest being 22 so im kinda used to it now,thanks for your congrats,cheers M8.