I Think It Is My Fault That All Of The Young Thai Women Go Out With Old Guys.

mark45y

As Americans do when the military is stationed in a foreign country they immediately set up schools and hospitals. I was one of the volunteer English teachers at a high school in Thailand in 1968. In 1968 Falang were looked on as something of an oddity and were respected for out knowledge. We built airports and deep water ports and the Thai telephone communications system among other things. And it all worked, which was an oddity in itself in Thailand in 1968.

In one of my classes there was an older Thai teenager who went on a crying binge for three days. Since this was disrupting my class I asked her why. She told me that a young handsome Thai guy in her class had dumped her. I told her not to trust young Thai men unless she wanted to cry every day for the rest of her life. I believe she was 18 at the time. She began dating a sergeant in the Australian army who was a nice guy and they eventually married.

My theory is that she told one girl every week about her new found happiness with an older man. And she was so convincing that the women she told one other person each week.

I know there is formula to figure it out maybe you math people can help. If one person tells another each week and if that person tells another each week (you know how young women talk) how many women will be told in 42 years?

• Like 1

You must be all heart... " an older Thai teenager who went on a crying binge for three days. Since this was disrupting my class I asked her why"

If the bi*ch had cried quietly it would have saved you a lot of hassle... Only three days and you were there with the intervention! Well done, but don't be so soft in future... :rolleyes:

Assuming each person told, told another person and nobody questioned the theory to be untrue :rolleyes:

Your work was done after week 7...

week - total

1 = 1

2 = 2

3 = 4

4 = 16

5 = 256

6 = 65,536

7 = 4.29 Billion

8 = Everyone's heard it already!!!

So what rumor should I start? :D

Excuse me for asking Marky, but what's brought on this sudden posting frenzy your having?

Lightening knocked out my satellite dish and I don't want to replace it as I am moving in two months. Not leaving Thailand but changing locations.

• Like 1

Assuming each person told, told another person and nobody questioned the theory to be untrue :rolleyes:

week - total

1 = 1

2 = 2

3 = 4

4 = 16

5 = 256

6 = 65,536

7 = 4.29 Billion

That Marky45y is SOKAls dad, and the reason he's posting so much is because he's sad that sokal has got the boot. :(

week - total

1 = 1

2 = 2

3 = 4

4 = 16

5 = 256

6 = 65,536

7 = 4.29 Billion

Incorrect.

If at the end of the first week she tells one other person then, end of week 1 two people know

End of week two, they each tell one person, so end of week two 4 people know.

This continues as:

1 = 1

2 = 2

3 = 4

4 = 16

5 = 32

6 = 64

Or put another way:

P = 2^n

Where 'P' is the number of people who know and 'n' is the number of weeks that have elapsed.

To find 'n' for any given number of people

P^-2 = 2

(log P)/n = log 2

'n' = (log P) / (log 2)

Now if we assume there to be around 35 million women in Thailand

Then the time for all of them to hear Marky's wise words would be

n = log 35000000/ log 2

n = 7.544 /0.30102999

Works out at about 25 weeks to tell every woman in Thailand.

Which casts a degree of doubt over Marky's theory since anyone who's been here over 25 weeks could conceivably spread the word.

Just to put this into a world picture, all 3 billion of the world's women could have heard the wise words within 32 weeks and it would of course only be a week later that all 6 billion of us learned this heart saving information.

Now to make this really interesting we could add in a probability calculation for people telling other people who already know - and to fine tune it, a probability correction to account for people who die before telling anyone what they've learned.

Edited by GuestHouse

Now you might be thinking to yourself - What on earth is the point of GH's calculation.

Listen up folks the calculation above serves a very useful purpose.

Together with the claims made in the Marky's Opening Post it demonstrates unequivocally that Marky totally over estimates his importance by a factor of several decades.

Any Farang more than 25 weeks through immigration could have seeded the knowledge Marky claims as his own.

In one of my classes there was an older Thai teenager who went on a crying binge for three days. Since this was disrupting my class I asked her why. She told me that a young handsome Thai guy in her class had dumped her. I told her not to trust young Thai men unless she wanted to cry every day for the rest of her life.

This person (Marky) recently started a thread about 'perceived' problems due to the sleeping patterns of a lover. His inference was that certain 'bed postures' of his partner indicated a problem within the 'relationship'. It also appears that verbal communication did not accompany this situation.

This person now tells us he was giving 'relationship advice' to unsuspecting Thais about 40 years ago.

If this person (Marky) can't deal with his own problems now, why on earth was he launching such blind & bigoted 'advice' upon anybody then?

Marky, your posts amaze me. Every time you say something, you tell the world (in a totally innocent way) how naive you have been & are now.

Please, for the love of yourself, only make comments in the 'Knitting' thread.

Notwithstanding this, your posts are entirely, utterly & unequivocally laughable.

On a more serious note, it sounds very much like you need to get 'in touch' with yourself. There are many sources of information regarding this.Thaivisa is not really one of those sources.

Edited by elkangorito

One of the other problems with this thread IMO is the thread title...

Unless it's a myth that young Thai women go out with people of their own age..

week - total

1 = 1

2 = 2

3 = 4

4 = 16

5 = 256

6 = 65,536

7 = 4.29 Billion

Incorrect.

If at the end of the first week she tells one other person then, end of week 1 two people know

This continues as:

1 = 1

2 = 2

3 = 4

4 = 16

5 = 32

6 = 64

Or put another way:

P = 2^n

Where 'P' is the number of people who know and 'n' is the number of weeks that have elapsed.

P^-2 = 2

(log P)/n = log 2

'n' = (log P) / (log 2)

n = log 35000000/ log 2

n = 7.544 /0.30102999

Which casts a degree of doubt over Marky's theory since anyone who's been here over 25 weeks could conceivably spread the word.

Just to put this into a world picture, all 3 billion of the world's women could have heard the wise words within 32 weeks and it would of course only be a week later that all 6 billion of us learned this heart saving information.

Now to make this really interesting we could add in a probability calculation for people telling other people who already know - and to fine tune it, a probability correction to account for people who die before telling anyone what they've learned.

See, I knew you would know the answer.

• Like 1

Change all to read, “a higher percentage than Dublin.”

• Like 1

Now you might be thinking to yourself - What on earth is the point of GH's calculation.

Listen up folks the calculation above serves a very useful purpose.

Together with the claims made in the Marky's Opening Post it demonstrates unequivocally that Marky totally over estimates his importance by a factor of several decades.

Any Farang more than 25 weeks through immigration could have seeded the knowledge Marky claims as his own.

And anyone could have invented post it notes but they didn't.

In one of my classes there was an older Thai teenager who went on a crying binge for three days. Since this was disrupting my class I asked her why. She told me that a young handsome Thai guy in her class had dumped her. I told her not to trust young Thai men unless she wanted to cry every day for the rest of her life.

This person (Marky) recently started a thread about 'perceived' problems due to the sleeping patterns of a lover. His inference was that certain 'bed postures' of his partner indicated a problem within the 'relationship'. It also appears that verbal communication did not accompany this situation.

This person now tells us he was giving 'relationship advice' to unsuspecting Thais about 40 years ago.

If this person (Marky) can't deal with his own problems now, why on earth was he launching such blind & bigoted 'advice' upon anybody then?

Marky, your posts amaze me. Every time you say something, you tell the world (in a totally innocent way) how naive you have been & are now.

Please, for the love of yourself, only make comments in the 'Knitting' thread.

Notwithstanding this, your posts are entirely, utterly & unequivocally laughable.

On a more serious note, it sounds very much like you need to get 'in touch' with yourself. There are many sources of information regarding this.Thaivisa is not really one of those sources.

But you always read them don't you? Who needs help? You could always go to the dog mafia thread. Back at you in the morning. Going to bed for more research.

U.S. Army also built the highways from the deep water port at Sattahip to the air bases up north so the ETO trucks could carry the bombs to the warplanes flying over Vietnam which definitely added to the speed of the Marky's message getting around.

Change all to read, a higher percentage than Dublin.

Wow Marky your a mind reader, how you know my family come from Rathmines,Dublin, Irish Ráth Maonais, meaning "ringfort of Maonas".

Here, here's a pint of cyber Guiness for you.. :drunk: Now keep off the Chang.....

Edited by MB1

week - total

1 = 1

2 = 2

3 = 4

4 = 16

5 = 256

6 = 65,536

7 = 4.29 Billion

Incorrect.

This continues as:

1 = 1

2 = 2

3 = 4

4 = 16

5 = 32

6 = 64

Or put another way:

P = 2^n

P^-2 = 2

(log P)/n = log 2

'n' = (log P) / (log 2)

n = log 35000000/ log 2

n = 7.544 /0.30102999

Yes but you know how Thai's chat and once one person knows everybody knows. I assummed the person being told was also overheard :rolleyes:

Marky. People read your posts for a laugh. They certainly don't read your posts for any intelligent reason. Actually, you do serve a purpose in mankind...that is to provide stress relief for those requiring such.

What a trio...thomo, marky & chunky. The only obvious person missing is sokal (thank dog).

What shall we call you? How about 'The Twit Trio'? In short, TTT. With a slight adjustment, you lot can be 'Twits In Trio', aka TIT.

You are not the fault of anything in Thailand or any other country...unless you are a politician, terrorist or religious zealot.

I suggest a course of methaqualone.

Wishing you all the best in your new found drug induced psychosis (& leaving everybody else alone),

Elk. B)

Marky. People read your posts for a laugh. They certainly don't read your posts for any intelligent reason. Actually, you do serve a purpose in mankind...that is to provide stress relief for those requiring such.

What a trio...thomo, marky & chunky. The only obvious person missing is sokal (thank dog).

What shall we call you? How about 'The Twit Trio'? In short, TTT. With a slight adjustment, you lot can be 'Twits In Trio', aka TIT.

You are not the fault of anything in Thailand or any other country...unless you are a politician, terrorist or religious zealot.

I suggest a course of methaqualone.

Wishing you all the best in your new found drug induced psychosis (& leaving everybody else alone),

Elk. B)

You've made my day, what a giggle, BUT, l can imagine them all straight faced wondering why nobody takes them seriously. :D

Wrong way around boys......I doubt the op is taking his opening comment seriously at all......................but it would appear some are.....:lol: .....thanks for the laugh....:lol: .