French Sour Grapes

I saw a piece of BBC footage focussing on the Parisian crowd during the announcment, in particular a rather genteel lady of around 60 years.

I am not usually able to lip read, but the the melodramatic way her mouth formed the word 'MERDE' was a joy to behold.

Check this out!!! Unreal!

Have you ever seen a bigger case of sour grapes than this bunch?

To be honest, i wasn't bothered if we got it or not. I'm near Manchester UK and we did the Commonwealth Games a couple of years ago. Pretty good at the time, brought in some extra work in the area etc. etc. Now forgot about. What happens to all the facilities (apart from Man City's ground).

BUT.............now i know how P1ssed Off the French are at losing. That makes it all worthwhile, don't you think

:o:D

Mr BoJ

Chirac's "captured" off the cuff remark about U.K. and Finland food is a case in point. Arrogance by a champion of a second rate power trying to be a first rate power.

I doubt today that truly ethnic national cusine exists, and if so, hard to find. My guess is that international restaurants outnumber "English" restaurants by far in London, as they do French restaurants in Paris.

P.S. I really like English pub food in the West End when I was last in Longdon, too many years ago. Perhaps, Chirac misses the sauces that would be put on perfectly good roasted meat in Paris, that Londoners wisely leave off. In my view, sauces are the vestage of tainted meat and no refrigeration days.

...BUT.............now i know how P1ssed Off the French are at losing. That makes it all worthwhile, don't you think

:o  :D

Mr BoJ

Agreed! :D

...I really like English pub food in the West End when I was last in Longdon, too many years ago.  Perhaps, Chirac misses the sauces that would be put on perfectly good roasted meat in Paris, that Londoners wisely leave off. In my view, sauces are the vestage of tainted meat and no refrigeration days.

We have Don's Mall in Rawai which does an excellent roast lamb for lunch/dinner. It's supposed to be a roast lamb sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, but I ask for no bread and extra peas. Today I had the biggest portion of lamb, cooked to perfection - no need for sauce, salt or pepper, just enjoyed the taste of the meat. And the mashed spuds, peas and gravy were excellent too! Thanks Don!

P.S. And only 125 baht!

...BUT.............now i know how P1ssed Off the French are at losing. That makes it all worthwhile, don't you think

:o  :D

Mr BoJ

Agreed! :D

...I really like English pub food in the West End when I was last in Longdon, too many years ago.  Perhaps, Chirac misses the sauces that would be put on perfectly good roasted meat in Paris, that Londoners wisely leave off. In my view, sauces are the vestage of tainted meat and no refrigeration days.

We have Don's Mall in Rawai which does an excellent roast lamb for lunch/dinner. It's supposed to be a roast lamb sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy, but I ask for no bread and extra peas. Today I had the biggest portion of lamb, cooked to perfection - no need for sauce, salt or pepper, just enjoyed the taste of the meat. And the mashed spuds, peas and gravy were excellent too! Thanks Don!

P.S. And only 125 baht!

Great............................lets have the next Olympics there then :D

Check this out!!! Unreal!

Have you ever seen a bigger case of sour grapes than this bunch?

To be honest, i wasn't bothered if we got it or not. I'm near Manchester UK and we did the Commonwealth Games a couple of years ago. Pretty good at the time, brought in some extra work in the area etc. etc. Now forgot about. What happens to all the facilities (apart from Man City's ground).

BUT.............now i know how P1ssed Off the French are at losing. That makes it all worthwhile, don't you think

:D:D

Mr BoJ

My thoughts exactly, not really bothered that we got the games as long as the French didnt get them thats all that mattered :o