If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

I have seen this guy and his daughters a couple of times, not everyday you hear Thais playing J S Bach, they are sometimes on FM 95

Saw them on telly a few years ago, gobsmacked, couldnt believe what I was seeing and hearing, excellent stuff.

Correct sometimes hear them (but not often) on the good ole luk tung mahanakorn familee 95 FM, usually referred to as, the taxi drivers channel.

Not really the taxi drivers channel, it's actually run by Mcot who also run about 30 other radio channels and TV from their impressive Rachada complex. As far as I know they are government funded. It was taken over in about 2003 from Jenpop who started in Aug 1997. Taxi drivers do like it though but a lot of competition these days, reception always seems poor for some reason.

• Like 1

Anyway enough of the above, as good as it was, its time to get back on the train.

This lot were popular on the festival circuit in the UK years ago, sadly never made it to headliner or premier league status.

Heres another guy I had a lot of time for, Basingstoke or Reading or Hua Lam Pong?

Over on another forum a regular contributor here made a remark about, sometimes buffalos are better than people, I would like to add, sometimes, buffalos are smarter than people.

In a certain part of the country, this variety of buffalo is well loved.

Havent had a bit of Ted for a while, here goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qn7qe-UB-A

Not really the taxi drivers channel, it's actually run by Mcot who also run about 30 other radio channels and TV from their impressive Rachada complex. As far as I know they are government funded. It was taken over in about 2003 from Jenpop who started in Aug 1997. Taxi drivers do like it though but a lot of competition these days, reception always seems poor for some reason.

Reception in Bkk is just fine.

However as I head out of Bkk heading north, SaraBuri is about as far as it goes, then have to switch to some other channel.

Same heading south to Pattaya/Rayong/Klaeng way, get to the service staion on the motorway after that forget it.

The reason I listen to it is, I find the language easy to understand from the presenters, the songs are understandable as well.

When I was at school, they asked me if my wife was from Issan, teacher couldnt believe the mrs is from Bkk, the bad habits you pick up without even knowing it as a mere student of the language.

They have some famous DJ's well including Kandy Raggen, Pumpuangs son and at one time Surachai Sombatchereons son, as well as dear old Ponsri Waranuch. Weekends they still play old stuff I think. Been on holiday with them 3 times, they used to hire a bus and fans went with the singers away for the weekend, all free so can't complain.Their awards ceremony every year is amusing, apart from the odd bone thrown to minor companies the big two's singers win almost all of the awards, and there is a good reason for that!

Edited by jacky54

Some molam <deleted> blaring from my neighbors yard..... Two speakers big enough for Wembley and half a dozen geriatric Thais sitting around eating. Guess the party hasn't started yet.. Hopefully it will rain soon...

Back when The Merry Pranksters were rolling across the US with the Grateful Dead, it was said you were either on the bus or not, you were hip or square. And so it is with trains, those on the train are going places, whilst the spotters, a sad species, are reduced to merely recording the passing of great locomotives, the nerds of yesteryear.

There are some great country and bluegrass songs about trains.

Some molam <deleted> blaring from my neighbors yard..... Two speakers big enough for Wembley and half a dozen geriatric Thais sitting around eating. Guess the party hasn't started yet.. Hopefully it will rain soon...

Go round and pretend, or really get into, a drunken stupor: then dance morlam style, enthusiastically but clumsily, in front of one of the geriatrics whilst smiling in a sinister way. The party will close shortly.

Anyway enough of the above, as good as it was, its time to get back on the train.

This lot were popular on the festival circuit in the UK years ago, sadly never made it to headliner or premier league status.

Heres another guy I had a lot of time for, Basingstoke or Reading or Hua Lam Pong?

Rgs, as soon as I heard that Blackfoot number I remembered that voice and their number: 'Every man should know' , the macho bravado of the whisky drinking hard rock genre turning into heavy metal later on.

.Here's tap footing hard rock.

vYOieaz2GT8

Rgs, as soon as I heard that Blackfoot number I remembered that voice and their number: 'Every man should know' , the macho bravado of the whisky drinking hard rock genre turning into heavy metal later on.

.Here's tap footing hard rock.

vYOieaz2GT8