If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

rgs, your remark about Jerry Garcia seeming to be playing the banjo is not far off the mark,he learnt to play the banjo before the guitar.

For me The Dead were melodic and uplifting ,both in their tunes, lyrics and Garcia's lead guitar,if you chose their tunes and times carefully!

When the heroin took over the creativity was gone.

Long live alcohol and to hell with opiates.

http://youtu.be/WCENueDxmQM

a classic, but he's so out of it!

BN post #3666, thanks for the explanation, probably explains why I thought it all sounded like hillbilly music, I can understand your attraction, you live up in "hillbilly land" dont you.

Anyway moving swiftly along to another unheard of guitar hero.

The mighty Mick Ronson RIP.

Mick tears this up,

Love the garage band sound coming from the RH speaker.

Want more, here we go, always loved this line, "swallowed his pride and puckered his lips"

rgs, I lived in Hull for 10 years from the age to 7-17, left immediately after A levels, had to, to this day I remember the look of incredulity on the face of the foreman in the Hessle Road fish factory where I worked when I said I was going hitchhiking around Europe-' you don't have to leave Hull, you can watch Europe on telly!' but I look back with affection.

Bowie was the man in the early 70s, a fairy with real talent.. There's an amusing interview with him recalling the Ziggy days when he asked Mick Ronson to don make up on stage.'' Pud mairkup orn, eh I dornt know ow that'', he impersonates Mick's Yorkshire accent to a tee. Ronson was a nice bloke by all accounts and in true Yorkshire spirit, didn't rue missing out on the big bucks.RIP

Great music but <deleted> dress sense!

• Like 1

Bryan Ferry, what a talent, rgs. I first saw them at a 3 day rock festival in Bardney, Lincolnshire in 72, rainy and windswept for 3 days, they came on in the afternoon, looking very casual, Bryan was in jeans. This was prior hitting it big. They made an immediate impact with his melodic and unique songs.

Art rock, as it came to be known..

That's a great version of the Lennon classic rgs, what a song, built around only one chord, and of course tomorrow never knows because tomorrow never comes.Thanks for the Bowie documentary too, he wrote some great songs in the 70s in spite of his brazen shirt lifter public persona.

I've always liked the song below by Talk Talk, a great tune as well as uplifting lyrics.