If You'Re Listening To Music Now... Whats Playing? 4

Jockstar

Sweet sixteen, a calamity unforeseen

But Pete Sinfield foresaw it all those years ago-' a cracked and broken path'-...' the sunlight brightly gleams -no rain obviously

Blocked on mobile here but will listen later.

Heavy rain in Issan, the ponds are filling, the fields are glistening and the frogs are croaking in that wonderful chorus, hypnotic tone they have when in large numbers.

The central plains and Bangkok are always behind Issan regarding the monsoon but I'm sure it won't be long before the dams start to be replenished.

In celebration, though I wish the cameraman had focused on the other Mick s hands rather than Jagger's arse.

• Like 1

That last piece would have fitted in perfectly in the war thread. I was thinking how few songs there are about recent conflicts- the Iraq wars for instance, and I concluded it was because they were not ' mass' wars involving conscription, only wars limited to volunteers.

But I was foolishly forgetting the civilian victims, there must be plenty of songs by the victims of the never ending Middle- East conflict, the Balkan wars, African civil wars etc.