Processing Times For Oz Spouse Visas

Has anyone lodged a partner visa/prospective marriage visa in Bangkok recently. I would be very interested in knowing how long they have had to wait for (1) spouse interview, and (2) visa granted.

Regards

Bridge

Hi Bridge,

My G/F and i lodged our 309 partner visa on the 20th July at Thai CC, sill haven't received any correspondence from immigration.

We submitted a fairly comprehensive application and are confident that the embassy shouldn't require any additional documents.

I called the embassy to confirm receipt of the application on the 28/07, spoke to "Varisa" she confirmed receipt but said that we still hadn't been assigned a case officer and that they were currently very busy with waiting times at least 3 months .

So hopefully that next point of contact will be the embassy booking the 1st interview in the next couple of weeks.

Have you been involved in any recently Bridge?

regards

Hi Bridge,

My G/F and i lodged our 309 partner visa on the 20th July at Thai CC, sill haven't received any correspondence from immigration.

We submitted a fairly comprehensive application and are confident that the embassy shouldn't require any additional documents.

I called the embassy to confirm receipt of the application on the 28/07, spoke to "Varisa" she confirmed receipt but said that we still hadn't been assigned a case officer and that they were currently very busy with waiting times at least 3 months .

So hopefully that next point of contact will be the embassy booking the 1st interview in the next couple of weeks.

Have you been involved in any recently Bridge?

regards

Though you probably wanted more positive news, think yourself lucky that you got even these snippets of information. The UK visa folks seem to give nothing away, leading me to think that they are just sitting around watching ever increasing piles of documents build up in front of them, which they take a few minutes to review before making a decision once every couple of weeks :)

I yearn for greater transparency.

My fiance and I lodged a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300) in person at the Embassy in the middle of June.

My fiance was called 7 weeks later to be advised of an interview date - exactly 8 weeks from when the application was lodged.

Still waiting for further news about the grant of the visa but have been advised it will likely take the full 3 months.

Will keep you posted!

• 2 weeks later...

My partner received a call from the Embassy late last week - visa approved. She has to go in to collect it this week.

So all up the process took 11 weeks. I think having all the correct information makes a huge difference.

I'm happy :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd give an update to our processing times for our Subclass 309 De-facto Partner Visa.

My G/F got a call to arrange the interview on 23/09 and attended Today 28/09.

She said all went very well, the interview lasted around 45min.

The case officer was satisfied with all our documentation and she said we should have a result within a week or so!

71 days so far.........