How To Use Lam Cow

kenny999

When using Rice Bram(Lam Cow) do you use it on it's own or mix with rice etc?

Do you use a hook bait or leave hook empty.

My first trip using Rice Bran was the best day for catching amount of fish, caught 1 Mekong small about 10kg also the Pacu love Rice Bran.

Anyone have any advice on the best mix for Rice Bran and rig for the Mekong/

There is no fast rule for best ingredient to mix with Lam. At Bungsamran the norm is pour buttermilk into a pail of pond water then slowly add to Lam-not too wet nor too dry- then make a "bomb" and bare hook to target mekongs. But you still catch patin and if you are very lucky a caho. And Lam + buttermilk + steamed muang beans to target Siamese Carps.

At Phuket Fishing Park used Lam and a small piece of bread on hook but there are too few mekongs in this pond. Caught carps and pacus too. Anyway it's cheaper to use your own bait as Phuket Fishing Park charge 200 baht for a pail of bait.

Anyway there's a fishing forum just goggle 'fishing kaki' and you can gey some feedback

There is no fast rule for best ingredient to mix with Lam. At Bungsamran the norm is pour buttermilk into a pail of pond water then slowly add to Lam-not too wet nor too dry- then make a "bomb" and bare hook to target mekongs. But you still catch patin and if you are very lucky a caho. And Lam + buttermilk + steamed muang beans to target Siamese Carps.

At Phuket Fishing Park used Lam and a small piece of bread on hook but there are too few mekongs in this pond. Caught carps and pacus too. Anyway it's cheaper to use your own bait as Phuket Fishing Park charge 200 baht for a pail of bait.

Anyway there's a fishing forum just goggle 'fishing kaki' and you can gey some feedback

Yes 200 for bait 600 to fish where the Thai's I have been told get charged 200 and lake owned by a Falang nice way to treat your own!!!!

Used lam mixed with Rice but think just Lam on it's own will be very good and there is always the chance of catching the 40 kg plus Mekong that is in there, this is my local lake so have to make do with this as to expensive to visit Bangkok area from Phuket.

Caught 23 fish and lost at least 10 on my last visit using Lam double what I would normally expect so all good.

Been told to mix Lam with Buttermilk so will be trying that on my next trip to Sawai.

If you fish often at Phuket Fishing Park perhaps you should talk to frenchman's wife for membership. I paid 2500 baht per month for 2 rods unlimited fishing. After 3 months I got bored and stopped. Fished at Bang Wad dam(free) and a restaurant/cum fishing pond(very dirty like a jungle).

Hppy fishing

If you fish often at Phuket Fishing Park perhaps you should talk to frenchman's wife for membership. I paid 2500 baht per month for 2 rods unlimited fishing. After 3 months I got bored and stopped. Fished at Bang Wad dam(free) and a restaurant/cum fishing pond(very dirty like a jungle).

Hppy fishing

Are you Thai because I had 1 month membership cost me 4000 without bait?

Yes I have fished Bang Wad have you caught anything there, and do you know what is in the Dam also approx sizes?

Edited by kenny999

No I am not Thai but a Singaporean. But this is the way they conduct business multi-tier pricing for different people. Yes I caught 2 fishes at Bang Wad after many many trips there. Very low bite rate many trips ended with zero catch. When I fished there a few months ago the water level is very low should be higher now but too much of a hassle to fish there. Spoke with Thai anglers at Bang Wad and they said there 50 to 80 kg Mekongs but I never saw anyone catch this size when I fished there.

Perhaps you could try Cheow Lan Lake in the near future. Was told end of the year is good