Locating Someone In Thailand

TechnikaIII

I am trying to reach someone who's contact details were wiped a while ago when Yahoo crashed my mail box with everything in it.

I have the person's name, first and last name, and the name of the town, "Na Klang, Nong Bua Lamphu"

Has anyone hd experience with telephone directories, or postal offices. Nong Bua Lamphu is in the North East, and I believe Na Klang is not huge. So the name may even be unique in the town.

Where would you start? It is not a life-and -death situation, but still quite important.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Kevin

Hello Technikalll

The post office here in Thailand is very good.

I would Post a letter to Na Klang that town is the district office of Nong Bua Lam Phu with the name of the person you wish

to contact with your inclosed contact details and inclose a stamped addressed evelope.

If you are in Thailand you could get a Thai person to call the District office for you.

There are Hundreds of of people in my village and the local postmen seem to know all of them.

Hope this is of some help. Goodluck.

Edited by Kwasaki

I have known a Lieutenant police colonel at Hua Mark police station who would be willing to do the search of the Thai citizen database for you for 500-1000 Baht--given you can provide a good, legitimate reason for wanting that data. Also (presumably for a higher fee) the police has access to social security data, so they can even help to locate where the person is currently being employed. If this is important for you and you need the contact quickly it may be the way to go. But don't approach the detective office, as they will charge exorbitant fee from you.

Edited by avcomth