Divorce, Advice Sought

PastEgo

Background.

Married in Turkey, Ankara in the Thai Embassy

Did this because the girl was pregnant

Seperated now from wife for 1 year

I am out of the country (currently in a neighbouring country)

She is out of the country, I don't know where

1 child, I do not wish to contest custody

I am a british national

According to Isaan Lawyers web site I can get divorced under a "contested divorce" i.e go to court , but in this case I will be contesting against myself due to "One spouse has deserted the other for more than one year (Section 1615 (4) CCCT)"

although this isn't the whole story, I want to make it as simple as possible.

I have been told I will have to go to Thailand to bring closure to this. But I have a few questions.

1. Do I have to go to court, or can I get this sorted at an Amphurs office, if so, the one in Isaan in her home town or can I do this in Bangkok

2. If I go to court, what are the proceedings, any idea how long will it take ? Costs involved ? Which court, again one in bangkok or one in her home town in Isaan

3. Costs, do I have to pay tea money to anyone ? Will this be a painful and expensive process ?

Thanks

Edited by PastEgo

You best consult with a lawyer. I am using a co by the name of GAM international. To be honest, I went to about 3-4 different lawyer companies and none of them were eager to work with me.

You will need to come to Thailand.

Any how, u r correct, it does sound like u can file for divorce based on the fact u have not seen her for a year. If it has to go to court, it will take a lot of time... that said, I think once u hit "pre-trial" phase, and she does not show up the pre-trial, I think "they" will just call it quits from that point and grant the divorce. (purely an opinion on that)

If u wanted a "simple" divorce at the amphur, she would have to go to the amphur and sign a divorce agreement. Kind of difficult for her to do, if u don't know where she is...

I wish u the best... and I apologize if I was incorrect in any of the info I gave u. Your situation is different from mine