Online Gaming.

dublish

Agreed Firefoxx, CAT doesnt help matters for us Thailand based Gamers.

In this case though, i'm still fairly convinced something has changed Blizzard end as these problems only started after a patch about a month back, they have got progressivly worse since. Also, another supporting peice of evidence is that other players have the same problems, these players are based in China, Australia and even some reported cases in the US!

Theres more to this problem than meets the eye, its not _just_ Thailands infrastructure (which isnt the best for our needs anyway...)

Just wish i could put my finger on it

One thing i would like to know, is if anyone in Thailand playing WoW is NOT having any problems.

We know True and Ji-Net are the same. Is csloxinfo also the same, are they all having the same problem or just most of them? I am sure True has the biggest customer base so we might not be seeing all areas. Same in other countries some people are having problems others are not.

I think we all know it is a problem with Packet Loss, and my current theory is that Blizzard changed the code/packet size/protocol of the way their game sends and recieves information.

With this change some routers /whatevers that we and some other people have to go through to get to the servers from out ISP have firmware that cannot handle these newer "packets" efficiently.

Where these are or might be I have no idea,. but this is my theory.

I would still like to see if anyone is not getting problems on any other isp dialup or broadband. I am moving soon and if there is any hope of a working solution with another ISP i would like to try and find it :o

One thing i would like to know, is if anyone in Thailand playing WoW is NOT having any problems.

We know True and Ji-Net are the same.  Is csloxinfo also the same, are they all having the same problem or just most of them?  I am sure True has the biggest customer base so we might not be seeing all areas.  Same in other countries some people are having problems others are not.

I think we all know it is a problem with Packet Loss, and my current theory is that Blizzard changed the code/packet size/protocol of the way their game sends and recieves information.

With this change some routers /whatevers that we and some other people have to go through to get to the servers from out ISP have firmware that cannot handle these newer "packets" efficiently.

I would still like to see if anyone is not getting problems on any other isp dialup or broadband.  I am moving soon and if there is any hope of a working solution with another ISP i would like to try and find it :o

I d tend to agree, It seems a packet loss have an huge impact on your latency.

They have probably raised the time between the packet is detected to be lost and the retry to send that lost packet. This probably help them save their bandwidth / server

overload. So they wont probably go back on it ?

We know True and Ji-Net are the same.  Is csloxinfo also the same, are they all having the same problem or just most of them?  I am sure True has the biggest customer base so we might not be seeing all areas.  Same in other countries some people are having problems others are not.

I would still like to see if anyone is not getting problems on any other isp dialup or broadband.  I am moving soon and if there is any hope of a working solution with another ISP i would like to try and find it :o

Another thing to take into account is that the connection consistently gets better the later it gets until by 2am it is as good as it was before. Presumably, this is due to there being less and less stress on the CAT international connection. I'm not sure how your theory takes this into account.

Also, recently, another member mentioned how he was unable to play his other online games, which would indicate this is not just a problem with Blizzard.

There's the twist that seemingly many others outside of Thailand are having a similar problem. Though the vast majority of people still do not have a problem, including players I know from Australia.

Another thing to take into account is that the connection consistently gets better the later it gets until by 2am it is as good as it was before. Presumably, this is due to there being less and less stress on the CAT international connection. I'm not sure how your theory takes this into account.

Also, recently, another member mentioned how he was unable to play his other online games, which would indicate this is not just a problem with Blizzard.

There's the twist that seemingly many others outside of Thailand are having a similar problem. Though the vast majority of people still do not have a problem, including players I know from Australia.

This thread seems interesting some ppl pointing out that it may be attens.net fault

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.a...ThreadID=392982

Ive been reading other posts and this one but I still cant figure out why I cant even get pings less then 4000. I was wondering if all true users have on their system tray thing a local area connection 2 which states limited or no conectivity all the time. It comes up when I enable the USB modem and then when i sign on true i get an icon which says true and shows connection speed.