Painters

fcgprg

Reliable is a subjective term, add professional, neat, and competent and other than the wife, no. No, she is not for hire and she works odd hours and insists that I stay out of her way. Plus she can forget most other essentials when she hits "paint mode". Seems there was a thread a while back where some of the members had good things to say about some of their experiences. May have been a Farang business recommended, if memory serves correctly.

you can PM me... we just moved (late july) to a new rented house and had an excellent interior painter... a little pricey (not bad though), but well worth the money. I used to paint professionally in USA so i know a good job when i see it. but now i am retired and can afford to pay a decent painter.

We are near Rimping/ram chouk area.

From what i have found out in the last couple of days.

1. if they can hold a brush they think they are painters and will work for 300 baht a day .

2. if they can paint as well has hold the brush they will rip[ you off.

So the conclusion is DIY as wales 1 suggested

Has anyone used any reliable painters for painting walls and ceilings inside a house.

fcgprg may I suggest DIY. No problems with contractors, self satisfaction, save allot of money and allot of excercise....just a thought

Yes - excellent company called NewLook IPD (Interior Paint & Design). Their work is superb. Mobile 0819 983 831

• 1 year later...

Yes - excellent company called NewLook IPD (Interior Paint & Design). Their work is superb. Mobile 0819 983 831

Today I am so grateful for ThaiVisa's Chiang Mai forum posters. I used the search feature to find this thread, called NewLook, got a very reasonable quote from a woman I felt immediately confident was a complete pro, and after a week of work, my entire house is just stunningly beautiful. NewLook advised on colors, knew paint quality and what colors would carry each other, and were endlessly patient with us in trying to choose a look that suited our taste, the house, and the artwork and furniture we had. We couldn't be happier. All the woodwork was carefully protected with masking tape, there was no mess or stray flecks of paint on the floor or furniture to clean up, and our painter couldn't have been nicer or more interesting to talk to. It was a thoroughly enjoyable experience - something I never thought I'd say about something as big of a hassle as repainting usually is. And the end result is worth every baht and then some. :)

So, many thanks to everyone who posts here. My newcomer family has used it to find good restaurants, figure out the visa procedures (including successfully doing our first 90 day report at lunch time in under 10 minutes, yay), how to get decent phone and internet plans, find good doctors and an orthodontists, where to shop for fabric or groceries, and a myriad other things, and now, the painter. This is really an invaluable resource.

Has anyone used any reliable painters for painting walls and ceilings inside a house.

fcgprg may I suggest DIY. No problems with contractors, self satisfaction, save allot of money and allot of excercise....just a thought

I also have had a great experience with NewLookIPD. A brilliant colorist and great applicator! With a sense of humour mixed in.

I also have had a great experience with NewLookIPD. A brilliant colourist and great applicator! With a sense of humour mixed in.

How much per square meter, excluding paint, labour only?

I also have had a great experience with NewLookIPD. A brilliant colorist and great applicator! With a sense of humour mixed in.

+1