Cannabis

grizley

I'm sorry to hear about your problem! I hope it turns out well for you in the end. Yes, do be extremely polite and remorseful for violating the law! I have no idea as to what it may cost you, please post and let us know of the outcome of your day in court. Good luck and best wishes! A bit late I know, but don't carry it around with you, enjoy it in your home, if at all...

I've always wondered, how do you actually go about bribing the BiB? Do you ask them directly? Open your wallet and look the other way? Wait for them to suggest an alternative way out of the situation? How?

If your caught like the OP, discretion would be the way ahead, open up your wallet and count cash out etc and you'll be up shit creek..

I guess the OP knew even cannabis is illegal here.

I do not feel sorry for him.

I have zero tolerance for it. Not going to discuss whether it should be legalized or not, but frankly because it is illegal.

Hope he gets a fair trial/court appearence though.

Paying the lawyer 65K and still use a Forum to ask relevant questions about the case?

Almost unbelievable.

The best one in this thread is still the member whom is sorry to hear about OP's problem.

Nicely smug Travel2003. I hope that you are never here when you're needing advice because you're in a hole.

To the OP- A guy I knew got busted for (he claimed) a spliff's worth on Khao San. He spent a night in the cells. As I remember a tiny fine (less than 50 quid), but he was going to have real trouble getting back into the country once he left (he was a teacher and the nice immigration guy told him he would have serious problems getting back in and he would be better not to leave, wear the overstay and get his name clean or he wouldn't be allowed to re-enter). In the end he had to pay 300k baht to get it all smoothed away and get his name off the blacklist. All of this is of course hearsay from a self-confessed stoner-lol.

Nicely smug Travel2003. I hope that you are never here when you're needing advice because you're in a hole.

To the OP- A guy I knew got busted for (he claimed) a spliff's worth on Khao San. He spent a night in the cells. As I remember a tiny fine (less than 50 quid), but he was going to have real trouble getting back into the country once he left (he was a teacher and the nice immigration guy told him he would have serious problems getting back in and he would be better not to leave, wear the overstay and get his name clean or he wouldn't be allowed to re-enter). In the end he had to pay 300k baht to get it all smoothed away and get his name off the blacklist. All of this is of course hearsay from a self-confessed stoner-lol.

Not what I meant.

I found it weird that he did not consult more with his lawyer, which he paid 65K to.

I do not feel sorry for him, as he has only himself to blame.

Furthermore, again, I hope he gets a fair trial.

If he does not receive a fair trial. Then I will feel sorry for him.