Tot Blocking All Torrent Traffic

geoffphuket

You people are thieves and criminal. TOT did a good job and I encourage others to do so.

Go get the copy right DVD if you want to watch the movies/series.

And don't you dare to use technology to view block site deemed not suitable for viewing by my government.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You people are thieves and criminal. TOT did a good job and I encourage others to do so.

And don't you dare to use technology to view block site deemed not suitable for viewing by my government

Chantorn , go for it i am sure you will have lots of support and good wishes and remember to check your Handbag/shoes are genuine next time you buy some

And don't you dare to use technology to view block site deemed not suitable for viewing by my government.

Looks like someones putting their hand up for a promotion at TOT

I agree all farangs are criminals and should not be allowed to live in your beautiful country,

After all Thailand is the best country in the world when it comes to law and order.......

gallery_35489_975_9215.jpg

Do yourself a favor - get your fellow Thai citizens to respect others' intellectual property before preaching to farangs about it.

I have good news for you: I use proxies, access blocked sites, and download offensive material... Why? Because I CAN. Access to information is a basic human right; something the oppressive Abhisit regime has absolutely no regard for. I'll decide for myself what's appropriate and what isn't.

You want live your life inside a shell, that's your problem. So you're a law abiding citizen, well good for you. Don't come on here thinking you can rub it off on others.

Hey Chantorn ...can you ask the thieving TOT people to sort out my download speed that is a quarter of what it should be for the last 10 days. I ring them ..they ring me back 'It ifxed' ...nope 'it not fixed' ring again ...and so on and so on in a big round circle. That's a bit criminal en it Chantorn.

Right i'm off out to do some thieving now ...err shopping.

Hey Chantorn ...can you ask the thieving TOT people to sort out my download speed that is a quarter of what it should be for the last 10 days. I ring them ..they ring me back 'It ifxed' ...nope 'it not fixed' ring again ...and so on and so on in a big round circle. That's a bit criminal en it Chantorn.

Not so long ago it was published that over 70% of global internet traffic is torrent downloads. So maybe you should blame people downloading these "free" movies, music and series instead of TOT when there is not enough bandwidth available for you?

Not so long ago it was published that over 70% of global internet traffic is torrent downloads. So maybe you should blame people downloading these "free" movies, music and series instead of TOT when there is not enough bandwidth available for you?

I did some quick searches in order to verify this 70% figure and came up with recent estimates of P2P ranging from 1% to 18%, of total global internet traffic, with many estimates in the 3% ~ 4 % range, down from 40% in the early 2000's. Streaming video, like Youtube, is estimated at 34% and growing. Credit Suisse estimates that 375 million people around the world will play about 75 billion YouTube videos this year. To serve up all these streams, the company has to pay for a broadband connection capable of hurtling data at the equivalent of 30 million megabits-per-second—about 6 million times as fast as your home Internet connection. All this bandwidth costs Google $360 million a year, the analysts estimate.

Sorry, don't always believe what you read MJo.

It's spam emails that superseeds any other type of transfers.

Put that together with bouncing emails, backoffice datatransfer, websurfing and data warehouse services, the result for Torrents may be as little as 1%.

I'm only grasping a number out of thin air so I could be 100% wrong, alas 2%.

You don't think it's the movie/music industry pumping up those numbers?

Found some numbers, read.

http://email.about.com/od/emailtrivia/f/emails_per_day.htm

Edited by MegaMik

I feel your pain Ved!

It is the same one most of us torrenters feel when we notice all the Skype users hogging the bandwidth to avoid paying the incredibly cheap long distance rates charged in Thailand.

Inaccurate answer. p2p systems use a lot more bandwith than Skype or anything else in the Internet these days. This is a fact.

And about the pain.... Errr, today it seems to be more about yours than mine :)

stupid answer, skype is p2p

• Like 1

hi there

first post for me so please be kind....In pattaya, and also having problems with torrent downloads with tot, I spoke to some thai friends of mine a day or so ago, and they are having no problems, they seem to think because they use a thai server (? i think that is what they said), whereas most of us foreigners use international servers (to download our favourite tv shows etc)so maybe tot are just limiting the international traffic?? Hey, this is all way over my head, I am just pretty annoyed with what is going on, and honestly I dont really care about the technical stuff, I think if tot want to mess with my service they should let me know beforehand, then I can decide if I want to continue with them or not. Of course, this assumes this is a tot decision, their 1100 staff seem to think not.

Sorry, don't always believe what you read MJo.

It's spam emails that superseeds any other type of transfers.

Put that together with bouncing emails, backoffice datatransfer, websurfing and data warehouse services, the result for Torrents may be as little as 1%.

I'm only grasping a number out of thin air so I could be 100% wrong, alas 2%.

You don't think it's the movie/music industry pumping up those numbers?

Found some numbers, read.

http://email.about.c...ils_per_day.htm

I do read, % i posted was not from thin air nor from some email circulation.

Wikipedia puts it between 27% and 55% from all internet traffic. Depends a bit how you calculate, maybe spam mail is the king when counting number of transfers. Bandwidth wise it's P2P and Torrents by far the largest part of P2P traffic.

LINK

My point, what ever the percentage, is that without illegal torrent downloads we all could watch youtube and have functioning international connections.

Wikipedia puts it between 27% and 55% from all internet traffic. Depends a bit how you calculate, maybe spam mail is the king when counting number of transfers. Bandwidth wise it's P2P and Torrents by far the largest part of P2P traffic.

LINK

My point, what ever the percentage, is that without illegal torrent downloads we all could watch youtube and have functioning international connections.

Yeah, I figured you pulled that 70% out of an internal dark space. Obviously we can find figures to support any argument.

Who am I to say 300,000 people can't watch "The Amazing Potato Juggling Baby" on youtube? (The copyright infringements on youtube are quite significant: copyrighted music used in the background.)

LINK

Yeah, I figured you pulled that 70% out of an internal dark space. Obviously we can find figures to support any argument.

Who am I to say 300,000 people can't watch "The Amazing Potato Juggling Baby" on youtube? (The copyright infringements on youtube are quite significant: copyrighted music used in the background.)

That's true, It's kinda funny always to see what extend people go trying to justify their torrent downloads. You pulled the classic "youtube is also illegal" in first try. Well done. Previous guy claimed its 1% based on link explaining how email works... Or could it be community forums like Thaivisa that eats all that bandwidth from your torrents resulting evil ISP's to limit traffic ?

hi there

first post for me so please be kind....In pattaya, and also having problems with torrent downloads with tot, I spoke to some thai friends of mine a day or so ago, and they are having no problems, they seem to think because they use a thai server (? i think that is what they said), whereas most of us foreigners use international servers (to download our favourite tv shows etc)so maybe tot are just limiting the international traffic?? Hey, this is all way over my head, I am just pretty annoyed with what is going on, and honestly I dont really care about the technical stuff, I think if tot want to mess with my service they should let me know beforehand, then I can decide if I want to continue with them or not. Of course, this assumes this is a tot decision, their 1100 staff seem to think not.

Several of our members have already had staff at TOT confirm they're blocking trackers. Things may improve Monday when all the staff are working normally again and customers start cancelling their contracts - We'll see

Torrents not a problem here in Hua Hin with TOT.......

Are private trackers connecting? Some of my torrents do, others don't.

Tested quite a few private trackers this evening, all working and good speeds. Don't have an a/c @ thebox so can't comment on that one, sorry. Open trackers are a different matter, trackers working but painfully slow speeds here in Sisaket. Lucky if I get above 5.0k/Bs dl on a well seeded torrent.

Are private trackers connecting? Some of my torrents do, others don't.

Using Utorrent to download from EZTV...... 185 kbs But now that I see that it does look like some throttling from last week, I was getting in the 300-350 range before

Edited by CDNinKS

I download all my copyrighted Thai music videos from YouTube.

Some English language pop videos as well.

Now my torrents are screwed, I'm using YouTube more and more.

Sorry to burst your happiness bubble but no Thai music videos, that I've ever viewed, on YouTube are posted by the copyright holder, not that they mind.

All my private trackers are working fine on TOT (also on TRUE and CSLoxInfo). I do not use THEBOX. I am not experiencing any bandwidth constraints on any network. Thanks to TOT for correcting this obvious, and idiotic, brief network constraint. Someone with limited brain capacity was left in charge, and made a p*ss-poor decision; hopefully they'll get promoted.