Tot Blocking All Torrent Traffic

geoffphuket

Hi all!

I had problems with downloading but it seems everything's OK now.

Here it is a good thing which could help and it's about removing fake seeders and speeds up the download:

http://ipfilterupdater.sourceforge.net/

1. Choose your torrent client from the list and download the little program which is there given

2. Turn off your torrent program and prompt file with the extension .bat

3. DOS window will open and download something(just leave it, when it finishes it will disappear)

4. Turn on your torrent program and continue downloading.

5. Enjoy mates! :ph34r:

Thanks for posting, but there is no way on God's green earth that I am going to read a web site that uses a pale pink font on a white background!

<deleted> were they thinking?

BTW, I use PeerBlock.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to end the contract I have to pay I think about 3000B.

Absolutely not! I don't pay even a Baht. No good service, no money.

Reminders will continue to be sent for about 9 months, then a threat of court action will be received. I don't know what happens then - I chickened out and paid last time :lol:

:cheesy:

Made me laugh out loud. :D

Yep, been using 1.8.3 for months. All my private tracker torrents still show as red with the tracker unconnected. Last night some did connect but were running at about half the speed I normally get (and pay for) :angry:

Sorry to hear that Geoff. I'm currently downloading at about 400 - 500 kB/s and uploading at 35 - 70 kB/s. - "TOThome8m" : 8/1 mbps service. It's been OK all last night and today.

Latest 'throttling' update from me with TOT Laem Chabang (Pattaya) area.

Like I've said before, I should be getting 150-200 kB/s down. The only dl I have atm is from a public tracker (normally good speeds with this site), and it is coming down at average 7 kB/s!!!

That is 'throttling', pure and simple.

Edited by monspencer

a google search reveals many tools available for the user to determine if the ISP is "shaping" or blocking...

search for the glasnost test, for one.

others include sites that list from 5-7 different tests you can run to determine is shaping is occurring.

TOT ,KRABI ...............

TORRENT SPEEDS ARE SO SLOW ,THERE PAINFULL TO WATCH.

IF TOT THINK THAT THERE GONNA BE ABLE TO STOP TORRENTERS BY THROTTLING ,

THEY NEED TODO THERE RESEARCH .

GOOGLE THIS VPN....

THEN THIS...

SEEDBOOXES.

10 MINUTES TO FIND A WAY AROUND YOUR BANDWITH GRABBING WAYS,.....

I want to end the contract I have to pay I think about 3000B.

Reminders will continue to be sent for about 9 months, then a threat of court action will be received. I don't know what happens then - I chickened out and paid last time :lol:

I can't say that TOT threatening to take my landlady to court would be all that scary.

They won't let foreigners have internet accounts in their own names at my local TOT office .... ha ha

When I had a TOT adsl account it was in my name. My current 3BB account is in my name.

I can't say that TOT threatening to take my landlady to court would be all that scary.

They won't let foreigners have internet accounts in their own names at my local TOT office .... ha ha

When I had a TOT adsl account it was in my name. My current 3BB account is in my name.

This is all just an outrage, ToT should not be allowed to promise a service (such as 4 MB download speed) and then block torrent downloads, or in my case I live in Koh Samui, my torrent download speed have been capped at an amazing 10kbs, thats just... freaking slower than dial up (56kbs). Since they have done this, everyone should have the right to back out of their service contracts. If ToT isn't honoring their agreement why should we be FORCED to?

Screw that, rise rebel resist, make a mother fkkng fist and hit someone in the face!!!

:ph34r: <-- Hire some ninjas.

This is all just an outrage, ToT should not be allowed to promise a service (such as 4 MB download speed) and then block torrent downloads

<snip>

The original TT&T Maxnet web pages did state that peer to peer would be limited for Indy and not for Premier - hence the high price of Premier.

At long last everything is back to normal - except my upload speed's slower than before. I've learnt a lot from this thread, thanks to everyone. :jap:

That may be because the other peers that usually upload from you, have "forgotten" about you. My uploads were slow to begin with, but then got better after a few days as, I believe, other peoples' bit torrent clients started storing my IP address and checked me more regularly.

This is all just an outrage, ToT should not be allowed to promise a service (such as 4 MB download speed) and then block torrent downloads

<snip>

The original TT&T Maxnet web pages did state that peer to peer would be limited for Indy and not for Premier - hence the high price of Premier.

I'm on the TT&T Premier service. Bittorrents are very slow. They spike and then drop to nothing and then spike again in a continuous cycle. Same on CAT HiNet. I've never seen this before. This is the first time I've tried downloading bittorrents for over a month.

<snip>

I'm on the TT&T Premier service. Bittorrents are very slow. They spike and then drop to nothing and then spike again in a continuous cycle. Same on CAT HiNet. I've never seen this before. This is the first time I've tried downloading bittorrents for over a month.

I recall that effect when I used to download from Rapidshare - the download graph was like a saw-tooth graph, slowly climbing to a maximum and then crashing down to nothing before slowly going back up again.

<snip>

I recall that effect when I used to download from Rapidshare - the download graph was like a saw-tooth graph, slowly climbing to a maximum and then crashing down to nothing before slowly going back up again.

It's still the case at certain times during the day JetSet. Recently though I've seen a vast improvement with the file-hosters and I'm on the 3BB 16M regular. The day before yesterday I noticed that they were throttling my RS speeds during daylight hours down to a very noticable constant 300kbps. I got the daughter in law to get onto 1530 and pull them up on it and for the last 2 days I've had uninterrupted stable D/L speeds up to 1M of a daytime and 1.9M of a nighttime.

Whilst on the phone to the ISP my daughter in law told me that the ISP were accusing me of d/ling all day everyday and if I were doing this then I should definitely expect a slow down in general speeds and performace, which is definitely not the case at all. I made my daughter in law press the issue and they eventually relented and as I said - all was tickety-boo after. I still maintain that a call from a native Thai speaker who can press the issue with them works a treat. I agree it should not have to be this way.

I still am extremely dissatisfied with 3BB in general and will be changing over to True when I get coverage.

Edited by ManInSurat

Using True and for the last two days my torrents have been throttled before this I was able to download torrents up to my allocated speed of 6Mbit. I called true to ask if they where blocking or throttling torrents data, the operator did not even know what a torrent was so I knew I was off to a bad start. As the call progressed I given the usual run around from testing my speeds to clearing my cookies I gave up in frustration it never ceases to amaze me how people can be employed in position for which they are not qualified. Seriously how can anyone work in any area of the internet and not know what a torrent is. So this does not seem to be restricted to TOT for those thinking of changing to over to True.

Using True and for the last two days my torrents have been throttled before this I was able to download torrents up to my allocated speed of 6Mbit. I called true to ask if they where blocking or throttling torrents data, the operator did not even know what a torrent was so I knew I was off to a bad start. As the call progressed I given the usual run around from testing my speeds to clearing my cookies I gave up in frustration it never ceases to amaze me how people can be employed in position for which they are not qualified. Seriously how can anyone work in any area of the internet and not know what a torrent is. So this does not seem to be restricted to TOT for those thinking of changing to over to True.

I long since came to the conclusion that the 'technical help' is just staffed with people with a book of instructions, the only qualification that you be able to read and recite what is written.

I long since came to the conclusion that the 'technical help' is just staffed with people with a book of instructions, the only qualification that you be able to read and recite what is written.

I agree with you :) however there are the odd few that are able to think for themselves and one several occasions I have been lucky enough to get one to help resolve my internet issues but no such luck today.

TO my surprise someone from true called me back to discuss my torrent issue and during our conversation I started a download from piratebay and to my surprise after two days of very slow speeds ( only for torrent ) the new torrent is downloading at 400Kb / sec so I will continue to monitor the situation and update when necessary.

Quite aside from the generally poor service provided by TOT all the time, there does seem to be a systemic problem that's made things even worse the past few weeks.

I assume credit card transactions using the swipe thingees get verification over Internet connections (??). I was in Central Silom on Tuesday and bought something using a US credit card and it took an eternity for the thing to get verified and the charge receipt to print. Central has to be losing business if that's typical. I wasn't in a rush, but was about to walk away. I assume other customers do get fed up waiting. The cashier implied this was an ongoing problem.

Today I wanted to get a 1-2-Call top-up from Family Mart in Pattaya. They print the "card" out from the same sort of credit card swiper that uses an Internet connection and that also took forever. The clerk there said something about this being a current problem.

Edited by Suradit

2hrs ago i went to pay 1000 bhatt bill for 4 mbs tot office,i saw they had a promotion for 599 bhatt ,4 mbs,

my wife asked why we were paying 1000 bhatt,they sent us to another desk,

and my wife told them i coulldnt download,they immediatelly got on the phone.now i have a 6 mbs,

for 899 bhatt,,,

Lastnight i was getting downloads of 250kbs,now im getting 50mbs,,,done a speed check an it is 6mb,

very strange indeed.,,,,krabi,,,,,,,

Even stranger they were very helpfull,polite an quick ....

Having watched this thread for some time and listening to both sides of the debate over torrent bandwidth usage, I think that TOT should do what 3BB has done. Provide a separate package that is not throttled and charge a premium for it. Those of us who want to have unlimited access and are willing to pay for it should have that option without affecting those that are satisfied with a slower/restricted service for a lower cost.

I had 3BB Premier 3MB service at my last house that I paid about 1100 baht a month for. I now have TOT 4MB service (3BB not available) that is 590 baht but is throttled. I would gladly pay double to TOT for the same 4MB service that was not throttled.

I now have TOT 4MB service (3BB not available) that is 590 baht but is throttled. I would gladly pay double to TOT for the same 4MB service that was not throttled.

You have the Basic Fit package, you might ask TOT about the Power Fit package, only 100 baht per month more and you get a 1 Mbps upstream rate. I have this package and other than the brief outage reported here last week my speeds are normal, as expected.

Edited by lomatopo

You have the Basic Fit package, you might ask TOT about the Power Fit package, only 100 baht per month more and you get a 1 Mbps upstream rate. I have this package and other than the brief outage reported here last week my speeds are normal, as expected.

Are you saying that the Power Fit package is not throttled? Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks for this info.

I've been currently paying 1,170 baht per month for the old 3 MB package and have just called them and they are looking into giving me the Power Fit package with 6 MB for 890 baht. I would never have known if I hadn't looked here.