3G Mobile Internet In A Hurry?

Please excuse me if this is a basic question, however because my wife is seemingly unable, utterly to pay the ASDL bill every month, it looks like my apartment has been cut off whilst im away and cant be connected again for 2 weeks.

ugh

As i have a home office in BKK, this presents a problem.

Basically i need to have broadband internet (3G speed) up and running again by close of play tomorrow...

Reading this forum, am i correct in thinking i can just go to Puntip tomorrow, buy a Huawei E1553 3G USB Modem? and a True data sim from 7, top it up and i will be up and running?

Is that all?

Also, whats the cheapest 3G mobile one can pick up 2nd hand these days? that would do just as well, wouldn't it?

Thanks

Edited by swingandamiss

You need to ascertain who has coverage of your office. If no one, no 3G Internet. If there is but you need to place the modem near a window to get a good signal, you may need something like this too.

If TOT has coverage, then you will be able to choose from one of the MVNO, such as iKool

Yes check out Pantip and prices. True offers 3G and TOT does too via a number of MVNOs e.g. other companies offering services on top of the TOT signal.

If you want to use in your home, you need to figure out whether or not you have 3G reception there. I heard it's a bit spotty in BKK. Chiang Mai is fully covered by True. Doesn't DTAC also offer some sort of 3G trial in BKK? Anyway, you'll be able to find all that out in Pantip. Unless you already have a 3G phone I'd go with a modem. Less likely to have problems and easier to set up, though a True 3G iPhone works very easily too, just connect via USB and it's online.

This is the reason I am mostly using iPhone these days, vs CAT CDMA. It's just easier to connect, I am online instantly, whereas for the CDMA modem, I have to wait until it connects, connect the computer, etc.