3Bb Internet Serivice

thainet

My 3bb internet service has been down since yesterday at about 9am until now.

It is in the Siam Country Club rd area.

I've checked my equipment etc and it seems to be definitely an outside problem.

Anyone else had this problem and if yes any ideas why.

Also about 1-2 weeks ago we were down for the whole day also.

Hope this is not a 3bb trend (as they are installing a big amount of DSLAMS all over Pattaya it seems).

I've actually had to revert back to my original Loxinfo dial up at 38 Kbps.

Edited by thainet

Have a look at this thread: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/390136-tot-blocking-all-torrent-traffic/ It's a long one relating to TOT internet problems yesterday all around the country. It may be related and provide you with some info. It mainly discusses users having problems downloading, but many of us were/are also having problems with total loss of connection from TOT.

3BB have got really bad recently. Last Friday my premier account stopped working - again. As there have been lots of outages recently I thought it would fix itself. It didn't. I ran the local tests and discussed with the engineer over the phone and they agreed it was a problem at their server or somewhere in-between. They did nothing about it for 4 days.

I ran the tests on the router again and everything was OK this end so waited for them to get in touch. I phoned 12 times over the next 4 days and in the end was put through to Chonburi client centre (as my repair had taken so long) and yesterday they called the Pattaya office. In the meantime I had solved the problem myself. The router password and username had been changed to the default used by the engineers when they came to fix a problem some time ago. The default engineer userid is default@tttbb.

When I called to say I had found the problem, the guy at the service centre was worried if I also knew the default engineer account password :annoyed: Quite obviously they had changed the password last Friday at 10 am - when my internet link stopped working - at their end and that was why my account was no longer working.

I just changed the router info back to my username and password and it works OK. In future I will just do it myself.

Sloppy work from the engineers and a lot of laziness from me. I have worked with computers all my working life and sometimes just cannot get excited about problem solving routers!!!I dont mind working on the LAN side of the network, but I see the WAN as owned by 3BB.

Still if I dont want to be without internet access for long periods I will take a renewed interest in routers. So I would check your router configuration if I were you - it may be as simple to fix as mine was - and a lot quicker if you are waiting for a 3BB engineer to cross your path.

On a positive note - when up and runnning -which until recently - is most of the time - its a terrific service.

Edited by dsfbrit

Thainet,

I too live off Siam Country Club Road, and lost my 3BB connection about a week ago.

After 3 days of calling the call centre, an engineer finally came to sort it out.

He told my wife that they had put new cables in our Soi with a new black box connection for their customers, and that TT&T had now blocked 3BB services though their land lines.

Went on to say that we would need a private contractor to connect from the box into our house, or that he could rewire it into our existing land line wiring, but this would mean we would have no telephone service anymore.

I only ever used the land line for internet anyway, so told him to go ahead with the rewiring.

Since then the service has been reasonably good to fairly bad, with some complete cuts in the service.

What I don’t understand is why do they put a new cable and box in and then wait for the customer to be cut off and have to call them out to be reconnected, but TIT.

On the vexed subject of 3BB (although I am a satisfied user at the moment), why did they have to install a separate line into my house? I was told that 3BB could not be used in conjunction with an ordinary phone line, but a friend of mine has just connected up with 3BB using his existing phone line and he can still use it for phone calls! A case of TIT maybe?

• 4 weeks later...

What I tell you now, you may not believe, but it is the truth:

I payed one year premier in the Central Road Pattaya office (Carrefour) in May, to have a good connection, when I would come back from a three month journey to Europe. Coming back I found two bills about the last months and a message on my monitor, that my username had expired. The "service" number 1530 did not help, but told me, I had to go to the office. In the office they declared me, that the username had not expired, but gave me a new set of username and password. The next day I found the message on the monitor as a warning, that I had to pay the bills. My wife went to the office and I sent E-Mails to the company. She was told, no problem, there is nothing. The first and only answer to many E-Mails in the following time was, that they asked for the data from my oneyear internet premier connection. I sent the copy of the bill and heard never again from this company. The only way, they "communicated" with me, was the message on the monitor every two days, that I had to pay the bills. I went to the other office in Central Festival 2nd. road, to get the confimation, that nothing was wrong. At home I got the message, that I had to pay the bills. This now runs nearly one month. The last two days the "service" is dead anyway. so there are no warnings. I write this over the Friendship hotspot.

Edited by phennecke

• 5 months later...

Took 3BB in July 2010.

Moved last weekend to another location.

Cost for the move THB 1600 and I notified them 7 days prior to my move.

The new location was ok, no signs of any problem.

I happily paid the THB 1600 and waited for 7 days (the maximum time they need to connect me)

On the 7th day I went back to the office in Carrefour and asked if there was a problem.

I handed over my receipt and the friendly lady started to make some phone calls.

After approx. 30 minutes:

3BB: "Misterrrrrrrr, you have to pay more!!"

Me: "Huhhh? Why?"

Nearest box to my house is 450 meters away. 3BB will take care of 325 meters, but I have to pay the last 125 meters ad a cost of THB 1825

Me: "No way! Last week, when I announced my move, you checked the maps of the areas in THAT binder, and the colleagues told me, that there are 2 boxes in my area. Not a single word about extra lines or whatever."

3BB: "Yeah, but Misterrrr, technician checked, and your village no have box."

Me: "Again, last week there was no problem at all, and accepting my THB 1600 obliges you to take care of the connection at no extra cost."

I refused to pay the extra THB 1825 and the lady climbed into the phone again.

After another 20 minutes there was a verdict:

3BB: "Misterrrr, 3BB is planning to install a new splitterbox in your village; within ABOUT 3 weeks you will have internet at no extra cost. [annoyed] OK, Misterrrr?"

Me: "Mmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm, ABOUT 3 weeks? That can also be 6 weeks or 8 weeks, isn't it?"

The kind woman got more and more upset.

Mr: "OK, you write on the back of the receipt, that if there is no connection established on the 19th of March the year-contract will be terminated and I will get my THB 1600 back."

3BB: "No Misterrrrrr, can not cancel contract Misterrrrr, you have year contract."

Me: "Listen, if you are not able to establish an internet-connection within a reasonable time, YOU break the contract. Not me!! (Rubbish of course)."

3BB: "Up to you Misterrrrrrr!"

Me: "Please, don't 'Up-to-you' me"

To make a short story longer: She wrote something on the back of the receipt, but not what i wanted.

I will wait very patiently on the technicians to arrive in order to install the bloody internet-connection.

Now, I happen to know, that another house in my village, on approx. 60 meter has also applied for 3BB on the same day that I applied.

I'll find out whether they got their line, and if YES, ............ oh my!!

I also have 3Bb, took it over from the house owner. I wonder if its worth 1600 baht for the high speed service? Wonder if they will let me downgrade to their widely publicised 4 MB service which costs less then half? Can it be all that bad at this price? I had TOT before, basic package for some 700 baht and actually I had no complain. I am not downloading highly sophisticated stuff such as computer games, only movies, books etc.

Comments appreciated.

From what I know, the 6MB package is THB 631 incl. VAT.

This is the so-called Indy package.

Disadvantage of this "Indy package" is, that foreign hosted websites will download slower, so if you are used to download movies and books it may take pretty long.

A friend of mine has a 5MB ToT connection and he has absolutely no problems in downloading movies and books.

Obviously the "Indy" classification has disappeared, but now they have a regular and "Premier" package.

My service just got worse and worse from BBB. At one stage their support line were telling me I was on-line and surfing when I had no connection at my router, when i explained I had no connection at the router they basically accused me of lying. I have now dropped BBB and moved over to Sophon and am very happy with their service.

I tried getting 3BB service about a year ago. Went to their office with a map of my location, they

checked and could even find my soi, and said no problem. I payed the fee and was told in a week

I should get service. After waiting for 2 weeks I went to the office and asked what was going on.

They told me they tried to install 2 times but I was supposedly not there. Thats total nonsense,

as I have two full time workers on my property who are very reliable and would let me know/call

me if somebody came.

I was told next week for sure ... I waited 3 weeks, and nothing again. So I went back to the

office and demanded back my deposit. Reluctantly they complied.

Now I use a ADSL line from TOT (4Mb), but I use INET East as the actual internet service

provider. No bottlenecks and consistently superb international service, no throughput dips

during evening and weekend hours ...

Before TOT became available in my area, I used FrameRelay from UIH. Very expensive,

but 100% uptime is guaranteed. Had it for over 8 years, never had a problem, but as I

said, very expensive ....

Cheers,

rudi

Took 3BB in July 2010.

Moved last weekend to another location.

Cost for the move THB 1600 and I notified them 7 days prior to my move.

The new location was ok, no signs of any problem.

I happily paid the THB 1600 and waited for 7 days (the maximum time they need to connect me)

On the 7th day I went back to the office in Carrefour and asked if there was a problem.

I handed over my receipt and the friendly lady started to make some phone calls.

After approx. 30 minutes:

3BB: "Misterrrrrrrr, you have to pay more!!"

Me: "Huhhh? Why?"

Nearest box to my house is 450 meters away. 3BB will take care of 325 meters, but I have to pay the last 125 meters ad a cost of THB 1825

Me: "No way! Last week, when I announced my move, you checked the maps of the areas in THAT binder, and the colleagues told me, that there are 2 boxes in my area. Not a single word about extra lines or whatever."

3BB: "Yeah, but Misterrrr, technician checked, and your village no have box."

Me: "Again, last week there was no problem at all, and accepting my THB 1600 obliges you to take care of the connection at no extra cost."

I refused to pay the extra THB 1825 and the lady climbed into the phone again.

After another 20 minutes there was a verdict:

3BB: "Misterrrr, 3BB is planning to install a new splitterbox in your village; within ABOUT 3 weeks you will have internet at no extra cost. [annoyed] OK, Misterrrr?"

Me: "Mmmmm, mmmmmm, mmmmmm, ABOUT 3 weeks? That can also be 6 weeks or 8 weeks, isn't it?"

The kind woman got more and more upset.

Mr: "OK, you write on the back of the receipt, that if there is no connection established on the 19th of March the year-contract will be terminated and I will get my THB 1600 back."

3BB: "No Misterrrrrr, can not cancel contract Misterrrrr, you have year contract."

Me: "Listen, if you are not able to establish an internet-connection within a reasonable time, YOU break the contract. Not me!! (Rubbish of course)."

3BB: "Up to you Misterrrrrrr!"

Me: "Please, don't 'Up-to-you' me"

To make a short story longer: She wrote something on the back of the receipt, but not what i wanted.

I will wait very patiently on the technicians to arrive in order to install the bloody internet-connection.

Now, I happen to know, that another house in my village, on approx. 60 meter has also applied for 3BB on the same day that I applied.

I'll find out whether they got their line, and if YES, ............ oh my!!

Got a call yesterday from 3BB.

Offered a choice: or pay THB 1825 extra on top of the THB 1600 for the extra 450 mtr line.

OR bring everything back to the office and cancel my one-year-contract and receive the THB 1600 back.

Will see tonight what they're up 2.

Unbelievable.........I went to the 3BB Carrefour joint.

I took my router with me, as well as my original contract, because I wasn't planning to pay the extra THB 1,850 on top of the THB 1,600 moving fee.

So far so good.........I got my THB 1,600 back and was on my way out, leaving the router behind. The girls behind the counter called for me: Misterrrr, you forget router!!

I told them that I don't need it anymore, since I cancelled their service (I thought).

Wrong thought.............What I actually cancelled was my move. So, now there is still a 3BB internet-connection at my old place where I have to pay for until my year contract will expire.

I phoned 1530 (3BB's call center) and after 5 or 6 attempts I finally talked to someone who did understand me and her answer was: Sir, you really have to deal with this in Pattaya at any 3BB-agent.

What I will do is: Make one last attempt to get connected for the original amount of THB 1,600 to be paid after the connection is established. If not, I'll be happy to pay the rest of my year contract to get rid of these daft people.

Have had 3BB for more than 1 year. Really good... nearly no problems.

B)

Oh absolutely, once connected, there is hardly a problem, but before I get to that stage.........B)

BTW 3BB has a Facebook fan page..............can be used to complain (unoffically of course):

http://www.facebook.com/3BBfanpage

Edited by saengsureeya