Disable Truewifi Login Screen

sfokevin

I have True Home internet with a True's wifi router... If my computer or phone has not been logged on for several hours when I go to my browser there is an initial True wife webpage that comes up - Is there a way to go into the router settings and disable this page from being required to pop up before I can surf or check my mail?...

It causes a problem because my email apps stop working on my computer & Iphone because they can't get to the internet...

I'm having this same problem, and it's very annoying. Sometimes I have to change my browser in order to be able to send a mail using hotmail. On my notebook I change to IE, and on my phone to Opera.

Have had True now for 6/8 months and while the page you refer to is a pain I have learned to deal with it. The True service never goes down no problems with Torrents Voip so in my opinion it is worth it not that big a deal.

TT&T was down every day for anywhere from 1 to 3 hours and forget about Torrents or Skype

This would mean if you're running your own private TRUE wifi router from YOUR paid DSL

line then true has their public anonymous login capture screen extra module somehow built

right in the the router. So everytime someone else say next door

detects the availabilty of your wifi point TRUES BHO helper redirects them to their advertising,

credit card accepting page just like the pain in the arse one we run into at public wifi spots.

So then TRUE is doing business as usual completely under the bridge with your Bandwidth

and allowing people into your closed private circuit

if they pay TRUE by the time unit with their credit card. (Just like they were in a wifi cafe?)

Then stranger anonymous users can login to your router

without a password because TRUES BHO redirect page will connect them to surf on YOUR DSL line if they

complete the CC card billing info.

Is this what your saying?

Oh and thanks for the tip about TT&T and and skype. 2 forms of digital sabotage

beginning to become a little clearer now. What do sophisticated little destructive

ploys like these tell you about the geographical variances of acceptable operating

procedures of IT (professionals?).

Do you think TT&T would ever abide by this recent Net Neutrality rulings

we've been reading about on the internet news pages?

especially pertaining to Skype? Gee it would be nice if we called someone on Skype from

an internet cafe in Pattaya and we could understand them because some monkey at TT&T has been

banned from detecting skype calls and pinching them off.

No... My true router has a password (Which I set)... What comes up is just a stupid True welcome page http://welcome.truelife.com/ but this redirect page must come up before the internet is active... I don't know how to setup/get to an alternate domain server... Talking to True tech support is a pain (True care chat is only in Thai)... I guess I can just plug a spare Mac Airport into the one open Ethernet port and set up a whole new wifi system

Edited by sfokevin

This would mean if you're running your own private TRUE wifi router from YOUR paid DSL

line then true has their public anonymous login capture screen extra module somehow built

right in the the router. So everytime someone else say next door

detects the availabilty of your wifi point TRUES BHO helper redirects them to their advertising,

credit card accepting page just like the pain in the arse one we run into at public wifi spots.

So then TRUE is doing business as usual completely under the bridge with your Bandwidth

and allowing people into your closed private circuit

if they pay TRUE by the time unit with their credit card. (Just like they were in a wifi cafe?)

Then stranger anonymous users can login to your router

without a password because TRUES BHO redirect page will connect them to surf on YOUR DSL line if they

complete the CC card billing info.

Oh and thanks for the tip about TT&T and and skype. 2 forms of digital sabotage

beginning to become a little clearer now. What do sophisticated little destructive

ploys like these tell you about the geographical variances of acceptable operating

procedures of IT (professionals?).

Do you think TT&T would ever abide by this recent Net Neutrality rulings

we've been reading about on the internet news pages?

especially pertaining to Skype? Gee it would be nice if we called someone on Skype from

an internet cafe in Pattaya and we could understand them because some monkey at TT&T has been

banned from detecting skype calls and pinching them off.

I guess - NAX LAGv3 Didn't exactly vote thumbs up on this post.

http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx?document_type=1&document_id=185

You should be able to set up the modem/router/wifi ap to stay connected all the time. At least I have done this. (PPP Connection set to CONTINUOUS.)

I would recommend getting your own adsl modem, router, wifi ap as the N-Link is less than robust, and only has one ethernet port. You can get a D-Link DSL-240BT for 1,490 THB; we've been testing these for a few weeks and find them to be excellent.

Edited by lomatopo

Does anybody know if this a problem for some specific True packages?

I have a Zyxel router that I received together with a 12M True package and I have never experienced these default true pages... It should be said that I normally use a Belkin router, but when I have had problems with my connection I usually use the Zyxel to test before I call True. Never had any default pages from True during these tests.

Martin

I have a Zyxel router that I received together with a 12M True package and I have never experienced these default true pages... It should be said that I normally use a Belkin router, but when I have had problems with my connection I usually use the Zyxel to test before I call True. Never had any default pages from True during these tests.

Martin

The 1 port wifi Zyxel i recieved when I signed up for my 8MB package defo had the redirect issue, I sorted it by purchasing my own wifi modem/router (I needed more than 1 lan port anyways).

The 1 port wifi Zyxel i recieved when I signed up for my 8MB package defo had the redirect issue, I sorted it by purchasing my own wifi modem/router (I needed more than 1 lan port anyways).

http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx?document_id=12

The Zyxel unit can be configured with a "nailed up" connection. (see screen 6 in the link)

I think there may be two issues;

1.) TRUE may have pre-configured modems with dial-up-like connections which time out after some time. Any device can be re-configured provided you know the username and/or password to enter the modem's user interface.

2.) Some may have installed TRUE's software (Hi-Speed Navigator) which may have come on a CD. This software offers a semi-automated method of configuring the router and initiating a connection. This software should not be used, and I would even recommend uninstalling it.

The Zyxel unit can be configured with a "nailed up" connection. (see screen 6 in the link)

I set mine up "nailed up".

The redirects I experienced were at random times, for instance I could be typing out this reply, hit the "add reply" button and instead of making this post I would be looking at the truehome website.

I set mine up "nailed up".

The redirects I experienced were at random times, for instance I could be typing out this reply, hit the "add reply" button and instead of making this post I would be looking at the truehome website.

OK, did you use Hi Speed Navigator? It must be related to the modem if you are not experiencing it with your new modem?

Or it could be some issue I have not yet encountered, perhaps DNS-related; I've done quite a few TRUE installs (billion, N-link, D-Link, Linksys, 3COM) and never seen this issue.

Your issue's randomness seems different than the OP's which seems time or activity (lack of) related?

Edited by lomatopo

Nope didnt use navigator.

Your issues seems related to DNS problems? You can't seem make the desired http connection, you time out and get bounced to the TRUE website. This seems totally different from the OP's issue?

edited to add: TRUE may have had some custom firmware on this model, which might have caused your specific issue?

Edited by lomatopo

http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx?document_id=12

I think there may be two issues;

1.) TRUE may have pre-configured modems with dial-up-like connections which time out after some time. Any device can be re-configured provided you know the username and/or password to enter the modem's user interface.

2.) Some may have installed TRUE's software (Hi-Speed Navigator) which may have come on a CD. This software offers a semi-automated method of configuring the router and initiating a connection. This software should not be used, and I would even recommend uninstalling it.

I went into my Zyxel and confirmed it is set to "nailed down"

I did initially use the Hi-Speed Navigator to set up the modem - It was required because you need it to set the initial True account number - But once I did the setup I have removed the software because it kept starting up on my Windows machine... I have look all thru the modems config setting and see nothing that could be changed to stop the page from popping up... I assume that True has added this function deep in the firmware where I can't get to it?

Nope didnt use navigator.

Your issues seems related to DNS problems? You can't seem make the desired http connection, you time out and get bounced to the TRUE website. This seems totally different from the OP's issue?

edited to add: TRUE may have had some custom firmware on this model, which might have caused your specific issue?

I have no more issues as I changed modems to a wifi 4 port D-link.

Martin

Will the redirect still occurs if this Zyxel is set to bridge mode (making it a pure modem) and we connect it to a router (not modem/router combo)?

I did initially use the Hi-Speed Navigator to set up the modem - It was required because you need it to set the initial True account number - But once I did the setup I have removed the software because it kept starting up on my Windows machine... I have look all thru the modems config setting and see nothing that could be changed to stop the page from popping up... I assume that True has added this function deep in the firmware where I can't get to it?

What is the firmware revision on your unit? It might be in STATUS, DEVICE INFORMATION, ZyNOS Firmware Version: --> ???????????

What is the firmware revision on your unit? It might be in STATUS, DEVICE INFORMATION, ZyNOS Firmware Version: --> ???????????

The Cable box is a ZyXel 1 port modem - Current Firmware Version: V3.40(BGN.6) | 08/27/2009

It looks as though this is a known firmware issue with TRUE. If you are comfortable following these instructions maybe it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware? Otherwise request a replacement modem from TRUE.

http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx?document_type=1&document_id=221

http://support2.truecorp.co.th/detail.aspx?document_type=1&document_id=220

Look at the bottom of your unit to identify the hardware version of your unit.

There is also some newer firmware, direct from Zyxel here.

Edited by lomatopo

It looks as though this is a known firmware issue with TRUE. If you are comfortable following these instructions maybe it would be a good idea to upgrade the firmware? Otherwise request a replacement modem from TRUE.

Wouldn't another modem from True have the same issue ??

Wouldn't another modem from True have the same issue ??

I think not, given TRUE's distribution of new firmware for this model, presumably designed to address this issue (which seems to be what some are saying on Thai forums). At this point a new modem from TRUE would have the new firmware, or it might be a new brand/model altogether. But that's just my guess. I assumed the OP has decided not to purchase their own modem, but rather wants to try to correct this flaw? I've used N-Link, D-Link, Linksys, Billion, Zyxel, 3COM on TRUE installs and have not experienced this problem nor have the users.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is Zyxel's official page with firmware for the modems supplied by True: http://www.zyxel.co.th/web/true.php (In the post above is a direct link to firmware for one modem model)

You can find firmware for 4 models here. Check the sticker on the bottom of your modem for model number. Note that there is a difference between 1-Port ZyXEL WiFi v1.1 and 1-Port ZyXEL WiFi v1

Flashing the wrong one can "brick" your modem.

I have 1-Port ZyXEL WiFi v1, flashed new firmware from above link, and that annoying Welcome Screen is history. Hope this is the case for the other 3 models. I guess enough people complained to True, that's why they changed it.

Edited by TungnaaTom

• 2 weeks later...

Here is Zyxel's official page with firmware for the modems supplied by True: http://www.zyxel.co.th/web/true.php (In the post above is a direct link to firmware for one modem model)

You can find firmware for 4 models here. Check the sticker on the bottom of your modem for model number. Note that there is a difference between 1-Port ZyXEL WiFi v1.1 and 1-Port ZyXEL WiFi v1

Flashing the wrong one can "brick" your modem.

I have 1-Port ZyXEL WiFi v1, flashed new firmware from above link, and that annoying Welcome Screen is history. Hope this is the case for the other 3 models. I guess enough people complained to True, that's why they changed it.

Thanks I had learned to live with it but now don't have to THANKS !