2Nd Hand 4X4

taninthai

hi have been looking round for a cheap around 400k isuzi dmax 4x4 auto ,having looked locally (krabi) there is very few around and they all have high mileage 150k + or have had the kilomters wound back ,going to phuket next week to have a look around there ,i have also seen many in bangkok on the usual websites how ever none of them quote the mileage i dont want to go bangkok and waste my time looking at cars with in accurate kilometer readings.

am i wasting my time with the cars in this price bracket ,

am i being realistic hoping to find a 6 year old truck with approx no more than 120 k on it.

your views are appreciated thanks

200k km on highway or 100k km in BKK, I would choose the 200k km due to less wear and engine hours.

pickup with 120k km in 6 years, is usually not the way most thais use their vehicle. Expect at least 30k km a year.

I would rather have a look at almost identical Chevy colorado, much lower secondhand price for same truck

200k km on highway or 100k km in BKK, I would choose the 200k km due to less wear and engine hours.

pickup with 120k km in 6 years, is usually not the way most thais use their vehicle. Expect at least 30k km a year.

I would rather have a look at almost identical Chevy colorado, much lower secondhand price for same truck

Foreigners always forget: Thais don't care about odometer readings. and in LOS the ODO meterreadings are never sure, because, if have highmileage, foreigners complain, and if have low mileage foeigners not belefe. When do we foreigners understand the rules in Thailand? It doesn't matter how many mileage a car haves, because a car in LOS NEVER dies, as new imports are very expensive, so all old cars always get repaired and restored. I had once 74' Toyota Crown with over 500'000 km on the ODO meter and it was one of the best cars i iever had overhere. So who cares? Just for example for a midclass cars (not the usual flormodel city and vios cr...p) what is better? To buy a new 5er BNW for 4 Million Baht or buy a used one 15 years old with 300'000 km on the clock for 300 and something "k"? I guess not to many peaple can afford the new one.

Foreigners always forget: Thais don't care about odometer readings. and in LOS the ODO meterreadings are never sure, because, if have highmileage, foreigners complain, and if have low mileage foeigners not belefe. When do we foreigners understand the rules in Thailand? It doesn't matter how many mileage a car haves, because a car in LOS NEVER dies, as new imports are very expensive, so all old cars always get repaired and restored. I had once 74' Toyota Crown with over 500'000 km on the ODO meter and it was one of the best cars i iever had overhere. So who cares? Just for example for a midclass cars (not the usual flormodel city and vios cr...p) what is better? To buy a new 5er BNW for 4 Million Baht or buy a used one 15 years old with 300'000 km on the clock for 300 and something "k"? I guess not to many peaple can afford the new one.

Seconded, 150 k to 250 k on a D-max @ 400k bht I would say is a good buy,and you would not lose much on resale.

Have a look round to see if you can get one that's been owned by a farrang at least most service them on time. You might also get a good deal as plenty of farrang are going off to cheaper clime's. Look up Pattaya mail/post on the internet see what's available. Phuket has a local paper I belive. Sorry I dont know what it's called. Best of luck.