Anyone Recommend 2-4 Yrs Old Truck With Auto?

julesdick

I'm sat here scanning though a Thai motoring magazine looking at specs but thought probably better asking on here.

I like the 2/3 year Ford Rangers that go for about 400,000 at my local 'tents' but they dont seem to have autos.

Any recomendations please?

If you've got up to 500,000 to play with, if i were you rather than taking the gamble of buying a used motor from a tent dealer, i'd be heading to my nearest Isuzu / Toyota / Nissan / Mitsu showroom and seeing what deal can be done on an entry level pick up. Might be a small cab, low spec and auto might be tricky, but i'd put up with that myself to have something brand new complete with guarantee. Keep it until you have the extra money for a better spec version with auto. Not like you'll lose much money on it.

350,000 is the most i would want to pay for a used car / pick up here - any more than that and the price is too close to new prices. Just my opinion...

Also like the newer Ranger but in looking for over 1 year never found one in Automatic........ a new one is about 800k

They did make them in 2007/8 but myself have never seen one For Sale.

There is a Builder working in the Village has a much older one Automatic + Petrol + LPG + tatty + always a starting problem..

Did find lots of MITSUBISHI TRITON in Automatic, the 2008 ones were just under 500k.... a new one starts 780k

the other Automatc truck in any numbers is the ISUZU D-MAX, 500k = a 2006, seen a 2007 for 515k... a new one starts @ 875k

Did see a couple of NISSAN FRONTIER NAVARA but the price was high I thought 2007 and over 600k.... a new one is about 800k

Also like the newer Ranger but in looking for over 1 year never found one in Automatic........ a new one is about 800k

There is a Builder working in the Village has a much older one Automatic + Petrol + LPG + tatty + always a starting problem..

Did find lots of MITSUBISHI TRITON in Automatic, the 2008 ones were just under 500k.... a new one starts 780k

the other Automatc truck in any numbers is the ISUZU D-MAX, 500k = a 2006, seen a 2007 for 515k... a new one starts @ 875k

Did see a couple of NISSAN FRONTIER NAVARA but the price was high I thought 2007 and over 600k.... a new one is about 800k

Thanks for that - saved me some research! I've been told the mitsu's have a 5 year warranty so that along with the auto sounds good.

Thanks for that - saved me some research! I've been told the mitsu's have a 5 year warranty so that along with the auto sounds good.

I see that no-one has mentioned Vigo's, Maybe because there expensive, I have driven all the truck mentioned here and others and nothing was superior to The Vigo but people who have not got one would say I'm bias. mine is five yr old nearly an auto and a superior ride, I would not hesitate to buy a secondhand one but I'm not wanting to sell mine.

I see that no-one has mentioned Vigo's, Maybe because there expensive, I have driven all the truck mentioned here and others and nothing was superior to The Vigo but people who have not got one would say I'm bias. mine is five yr old nearly an auto and a superior ride, I would not hesitate to buy a secondhand one but I'm not wanting to sell mine.

I did not see any, that is why I did not mention the Vigo... sure there was a couple, one was 4 door 4X4 the other was a 4 door Petrol, but of these as I remeber were well over 500k for a 4 year old model, more like 650k +

Edit: So a 2 - 4 year old Automatic Pickup for 500k the Vigo will not fit the year or the price..

Edited by ignis

having driven both vigo (2.5 VN turbo version) and triton, I have to say I prefer the triton to drive

having driven both vigo (2.5 VN turbo version) and triton, I have to say I prefer the triton to drive

Try a 3.0 vigo then ! leaves a triton in rubber dust.

Pre runner was not available in auto back then (perhaps not now) and the other non 4*4 auto options were the low riding stuff from Toyota. Isuzu Highlander pre VGS would be in that range. I'm guessing the auto VGS would still be a little over that.

Pre runner was not available in auto back then (perhaps not now) and the other non 4*4 auto options were the low riding stuff from Toyota. Isuzu Highlander pre VGS would be in that range. I'm guessing the auto VGS would still be a little over that.

From 2004 the Vigo came in 3.0 DCT engine only for the Automatic, the 2004 Rear wheel drive Automatic was 761,000 new then.. 2005 came the 2.7 Petrol with Automatic 606,000 new for the 2 door rear wheel drive.

Today the 2 door 2.7 DOHC with VVT Automatic is 674,000 brand new.. ADD CNG/LPG ?.... 500,000 = a 2006. The cheapest Automatic with the Commonrail Turbo intercooler engine is 814,000.

A Brand new Isuzi D-Max Automatic starts at 753,000.. myself would want the ABS + Airbags etc so cost 875,000

Remember here in Thailand the km/milage of the truck appears to play very little to the price.. In June 2008 exchanged my D-Max for a new one, the old one was just 4 years old, had 451,000 km on the clock, yet it only lost 200,000 baht on what I paid for it 4 years before brand new..

Something like this would suit ? 2007 and 480k with Airbags and ABS http://www.one2car.com/ISUZU_D-MAX/H16100032

The latest shape Isuzu Highlander Auto would be over 500k, but some of the last old shape ones would be that price the VGS was in the old model in 2007, the new shape was out in October 2007.