Truevisions

zoolander

On 15th July we cancelled our TrueVisions satellite package. I now have an Intelsat 8 satellite which provides free BBC World Service, Australia Network and other English speaking channels.

TrueVisions response to our cancellation was that the local agent would collect their equipment in 3 days and then we would have to wait a further 30 days for the return of the deposit we paid when we first took out the package.

Well ,we had to wait over 3 weeks for the agent to come and collect their equipment.

Now TrueVisions are saying we will have to wait a further 45 days for the return of the deposit after the equipment has been collected.

After several emails to TrueVisions customer services saying this seems unfair, TrueVisions now completely ignore my emails.

Anybody have a contact at TrueVisions that can help us.....................the sum is minimal but their attitude makes me feel we should pursue this until we get back our deposit.

I too cancelled TRUE mid July.

It ran until Saturday July 31st. On the stroke of midnight the signal stopped.

First thing Monday morning they sent a crew round to collect their equipment.

'Excellent' service when it comes to the termination of the service.

When we went into the office to cancel we were told 45 days to get the cheque.

At least the girl behind the desk asked why we were cancelling.

Expensive, endless repeats and no Tour de France coverage this year.

When I said that I was going over to ASTRO she said that was happening alot!

Has anybody EVER had good service from Truevisions?

I sent them an EMS to cancel service. Nothing happened. They continued to send bills. I rang up and said, Take the .... thing away. They did that, so I relaxed. A few weeks later I received a lawyer's letter demanding payment for the time AFTER I'd sent the EMS. Unfortunately I'd lost the EMS receipt, so had to pay.

Never again!

I also cancelled several months back (becauise I sold my condo in Bkk, and new owner had moved in).

Went thru hel_l in terms of no listening whatever and extreme rudeness from the true man who took my initial call to cancel.

The whole picture was complicated because the previous owner (one before me) is in jail in China and will never be allowed to re-enter Thailand and of course has never formally cancelled the account. In fact when we originally bought the condo the true staff idiot on the phone asked me "could you go to China and get the lady to sign a cancellation document?"

Just after I thought it was all finished (when we sold) I discovered that they had restarted an account for the new owner (who bought from me) in my name (turns out that they had lost the name of the new owner so decided to simply restart the account in my name).

It took several calls for the true staff to agree that:

- They had no authority (signature from me) to start (actually restart) an account using my name.

- If the new owner at some stage defaulted in payment, then they could (?) sue me for non payment because the acount was in my name. Which was obviously unacceptable to me. And of course lots of commenst like 'but what else could we do?'

Comments from me like 're-check the name of the new owner' got replies like 'but it's embarrasing because we lost the name of the new owner' etc., and no recognition that they had used someone name (implicated someone in an legal arrangement without authority).

And of course during numerous calls there's lots of 'mai pben rai'.

True vision subscribers who pay by monthly debit to a credit card should also be aware that the initial document you signed says clearly (if you read the fine print) that you (the subscriber) cannot cancel the payment arrangement, true is the only entity which can cancel the charge to your credit card. In other words, signing their credit card debit agreement means that you have lost control of your card.

Discussing the above paragraph with true is like discussing the man in the moon - nobody from true even begins to understand the point your trying to make.

Good luck.

Edited by scorecard