Hook Length

kenny999

It depend on the size of the fish.

A bigger fish can be hooked with a bigger hook length. Obviously because their mouths

are so much bigger and they take in more water and food with each gulp.

(lam with no bait on hook)

However it depend if you are fishing with a float on the surface or on the bottom.

If you are fishing on the bottom with foam to pop up the hook the hook length from feeder/swivel to hook should be very short.

I don't have a ruler near me now but here are some estimates.

Perhaps as short as 2.5 to 3 fingers are wide (3 middle fingers of hand).

For the floating method you can use a longer hook length. Here I would use from 3 fingers to 4 fingers wide for a hook length.

Part of the fun though is to experiment and see what the locals use.

A bigger fish can be hooked with a bigger hook length. Obviously because their mouths

However it depend if you are fishing with a float on the surface or on the bottom.

If you are fishing on the bottom with foam to pop up the hook the hook length from feeder/swivel to hook should be very short.

For the floating method you can use a longer hook length. Here I would use from 3 fingers to 4 fingers wide for a hook length.

Ahh the locals at a recent fishing competition which was supposed to be for Falang 5 Thai's

Ahh the locals!!! At a recent fishing competition for Falang's which included 5 Thai's because not enough Falang's the Thai's caught fish all day where us Falang's caught virtualy nothing in fact the Thai next to me did catch all day where as myself only had 2 runs and caught 1 fish. obviously using some additive to there bait!!!!!