Pimpin Pool Party

Gunit

Has anyone heard anything about a pool party at D-town Hotel. I hear its going to be a big party, but I'm not sure about the details. Lots of people are talking about this party down in the reggae area of town, so i want to know more

Where is "d town hotel" for a start?

Is it advertised anywhere and how did you come to hear about it?

I love a party :-)

That's because he is advertising it here.

Good luck at your party.

Not sure if the Thaivisa members are your swinging pimpin' pool potty types although I might be surprised. Might be better to take out an ad in CityLife or Chiang Mai Mail.

By the way, where is the reggae area of town? Near Thapae Gate, the Reggae Pub near Guitarman or near the UN Irish Pub?

Reading the post a second time: "Lots of people in the reggae area of town are talking about it. " it doesn't mean the party is in that locale, wherever it is.

Seems everyone above can do with a course in clear writing, and/or accurate reading. ;)

Anyway, there is a "D Town Inn" hotel way up Tung Hotel road, North of the railway station. <deleted>, it might as well be in Zimbabwe.. :)

Looks like a place in need of something or another:

http://www.ichiangma...-Inn-ChiangMai/

(Though admittedly a pimpin pool party with hot babes would work just fine)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Hello. My name is Rich and I am one of the organisers for the pool party. Thank you for the interest, it should be a good afternoon/evening. First of all sorry about the posters being a bit vague, these were meant to arouse some interest and it seems they have worked well. We will be following up this poster later on in the week with a more detailed effort written in Thai and English. Now the D-town Inn mentioned on the posters is along the Thung Hotel Road which is located at the first left just after the turning right for the train station. Go along this road for about 100 yards and you will see the D-town condo on the right. It is a cream coloured building with the pool located on the 3rd floor. The staff and management all know about the party so it is all legitimate. We will be having a BBQ, music, pool games,beer and much much more. All are welcome so invite as many people as you can. We are trying to set up annual parties for Chiang Mai ressidents as we think things have gotten a little stale and nobody else seems to be doing anything like this. If this one is a success we will continue to organise events around Chiang Mai. This is the first party we have organised so fingers crossed it will be a good one and hopefully we can see everybody there for this one and many more to come in the future. Any more questions please send me an e-mail or write on here. See you there.

Reading the post a second time: "Lots of people in the reggae area of town are talking about it. " it doesn't mean the party is in that locale, wherever it is.

Seems everyone above can do with a course in clear writing, and/or accurate reading. ;)

Not sure anyone was saying the potty was in the Reggae part of town. Maybe you were thinking it. I was simply remarking about the location of the Reggae part of town. I never knew there was such a place. Where the heck is the Reggae part of town? Is that like Chinatown in SF? Or Little Italy in NYC?

And I was right that Gunit and now Camray are both advertising the event. Good luck on the pimpin' potty with all the smokin' (and if it was in the Reggae part of town smokin' would mean something else) hot babes.

I see the OP never came back to add anything to the thread. New member + First post + Juicy topic, usually = Troll.

Not always, but quiet often, such posts are created when a forum gets a bit quiet, or stale. They're an attempt to bring back the visitors ;)

Aitch

Wrong, I am a member of Big L's Entourage sworn to pimp up this pimping pool party. I wish you could see the adds we've done on facebook. We have been working hard for this one. The posters took about 4 hours to put up in the reggae bars and down Loi Kroht. The attempt on zoe in yellow was a good bit of pimping and we dared to go into the woman's toilet, only to find the cleaner rigorously rubbing his old wooden mop. We did manage to top that however, by being allowed into the VIP area of the highly respected and deeply loved spotlight. Lucky Boys, the girls locker room was all we could have hoped for it was unimaginable the treasure and absolute gems we found in there, hey I may be a pimp but I'm a gentle man as well, so that's enough of that. Big L's pimpin' TM pool party is happening bring your friends bring all the girls you know. This is pimportant.

I'll try and get the vids on you tube plus where all under 789 - 765.

We could see the ads on Facebook if you provided a link. :P Or even just repost the same information here, instead of all this silly stuff.

( I checked the Facebook pages for 'Chiang Mai Party People' and the old Chun-Ki but both seem dead. )

Why that location though? It'd be really hard to find for people who typically frequent Boon Yoo. (or the Reggae area as you call it)

As a tip, in the past the most successful parties were somewhat easy to reach. The ones that were way out didn't quite live up to expectations. So the challenge you have is finding a location that is discrete enough to not get closed down at 1am, but accessible enough for tourists to find it. So that's quite a challenge.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

We could see the ads on Facebook if you provided a link. :P Or even just repost the same information here, instead of all this silly stuff.

( I checked the Facebook pages for 'Chiang Mai Party People' and the old Chun-Ki but both seem dead. )

Why that location though? It'd be really hard to find for people who typically frequent Boon Yoo. (or the Reggae area as you call it)

As a tip, in the past the most successful parties were somewhat easy to reach. The ones that were way out didn't quite live up to expectations. So the challenge you have is finding a location that is discrete enough to not get closed down at 1am, but accessible enough for tourists to find it. So that's quite a challenge.

Perhaps the fact that they're "in the past" might explain why someone is trying something new.

Good on them, I say. Although it's hard to see what their target market is.

But seriously, Chiang Mai isn't that big <deleted>. I'd find the location online and get there with just the information on this thread. But I can't because I am outside CM at the moment. Boo Hoo I say.

Come on, get out those pink fedoras and wide collared shirts and pimp your way down there. And post some reports. According to my records it's a weekend.

I believe this is what you are looking for:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=144307638930363

-Mestizo

Not sure anyone was saying the potty was in the Reggae part of town. Maybe you were thinking it. I was simply remarking about the location of the Reggae part of town. I never knew there was such a place. Where the heck is the Reggae part of town? Is that like Chinatown in SF? Or Little Italy in NYC?

And I was right that Gunit and now Camray are both advertising the event. Good luck on the pimpin' potty with all the smokin' (and if it was in the Reggae part of town smokin' would mean something else) hot babes.

I'm guessing it's the part of town where Royal India is? Just a guess. There's always a lot of guys (and gals) Thai and farang, with dreadlocks listening to Reggae music in the bars around there....some smokin' in the parking lot too of course.

negative person............................ boooooooooooo!!!!

I see the OP never came back to add anything to the thread. New member + First post + Juicy topic, usually = Troll.

Not always, but quiet often, such posts are created when a forum gets a bit quiet, or stale. They're an attempt to bring back the visitors ;)

Aitch

I wish you could see the adds we've done on facebook. We have been working hard for this one.

Since this appears to be solicitation which is against forum rules - this topic is closed. Contact support [at] thaivisa.com if you wish to contest the closure.