1 Year Multiple Entry Non-Immigrant B Visa

Hi

I am currently on my first Single entry 3 month Non-immigrant B visa which is for work and I hold a current work permit. it is coming up soon that I will need to do a visa run and apply for a new Non-immigrant visa. I have been told that it is not possible to get a 1 year multiple entry visa from the neighboring Asian countries, such as KL or Laos.. is this true? Or can I extend my current visa?

That totally depends on your situation. Can't you get a 1 year extension of stay? It depends on your work and income. If not a teacher or member of the media most westernnationalities require an income of 50,000 a month to get a 1 year extension of stay.

If you need a new multiple non-B you can go to Kuala Lumpur or Penang. Both are willing to issue a multiple, but under conditions.

Can I ask what a 1 year extension of stay is? my current work permit is valid for a year... commenced in July 2010

Extension of Thai Business Visa

The Thai "B" or Business Visa can be extended to a one year visa in country as follows.

The extension of the visa is normally based on employment and as such there are certain regulations governing the company who is employing you.

These are the regulations for the extension of the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Duration of the Extension

- One year at a time.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Source: Thailand-immigration

If you need a new multiple non-B you can go to Kuala Lumpur or Penang. Both are willing to issue a multiple, but under conditions.

Penang requires that the supporting company has equity of 8 million baht.

KL requires 2 million baht.

I am on my second 1 year non immigrant B visa. I am employed by a UK registered company, which helped me apply for the visa. I do not have a work permit but reside in Thailand. Last time I renewed the visa I returned to the UK to do so. Ideally I want to avoid doing this next time. Having contacted the UK Thai consulate they say if I leave Thailand I can mail my passport back from a neighbouring country to get it renewed and then returned. I was wondering if instead of having to wait a couple of weeks for that to happen, could the Thai embassy in KL or Laos renew this visa, based on my aforementioned situation ie. not employed by a Thai company?

Thanks for your help

Rob

I am on my second 1 year non immigrant B visa. I am employed by a UK registered company, which helped me apply for the visa. I do not have a work permit but reside in Thailand. Last time I renewed the visa I returned to the UK to do so. Ideally I want to avoid doing this next time. Having contacted the UK Thai consulate they say if I leave Thailand I can mail my passport back from a neighbouring country to get it renewed and then returned. I was wondering if instead of having to wait a couple of weeks for that to happen, could the Thai embassy in KL or Laos renew this visa, based on my aforementioned situation ie. not employed by a Thai company?

Thanks for your help

Rob

Which UK thai consulate said they would mail you your passport to a neighbouring country. according to the Hull and Cardiff consulate's websites, they will only send to a UK address?