Land Prices In Phuket

chechoie

Would like to hear from people living in, ( or frequent visitors to), Phuket about how the land prices are holding up post tsunami.

I checked the real estate agents on the net and according to them prices haven't fallen.

I haven't heard about any plans for any more "Phuket Property road Shows", guess it's to early for that.

Real Estate agents are one thing but a bit of local knowledge is far better.

Cheers.

Would like to hear from people living in, ( or frequent visitors to), Phuket about how the land prices are holding up post tsunami.

I checked the real estate agents on the net and according to them prices haven't fallen.

I haven't heard about any plans for any more "Phuket Property road Shows", guess it's to early for that.

Cheers.

I've just bought some land, having been looking for a long time for the right piece. and prices haven't shifted at all since the tsunami. The developers are still building at full tilt, but I don't know whether house sales have changed at all, which is possibly a better test of recovery.

There are loads of people selling land etc, but as I'm sure you know, there are many potential pitfalls. I don't think I'm allowed to post his details here (perhaps a moderator could advise me, please?), but I know a genuine and sensible real estate agent - we bought through him and the service was terrific. I will gladly give you his details if you want - just send me a message.

Cheers.

Hi there

I have a Real Estate company and a hotel in phuket, and there are some land where the price is lower, op to 40%.

Best regards

phuket

and if you belive him I have some excellent beach front property in Khao lak CHEAP!!

Prices have not fallen 1% in Phuket and continue to climb

If you want an unbiased view please contact me. I am writing property articles from a freelance viewpoint... no connection with developers or agents.

I have been in the property game here for almost 8 years. The land prices havent got cheaper since the Tsunami, but I think houses have (a little).

I expect land prices to fall a little, if the high season does not generate new growth this year (not beach land, but definately "development land" in some areas.)

As a land owner myself, I will not discount my prices as "good" land here is getting very scarce. There is also two new laws being introduced in the next 4 months that will shock the market and increase prices two fold in many "superior locations". It is actually a great time to buy now, if you know whats coming. :o

sadman, can you PM me with who you purchased from - Im just interested, thats all - if not - ok.

Thanks for all the PM's regarding the new laws. I cannot/will not elaborate on these laws as it is not my place to do so - Its a secret! :o

The new laws does not include "foreigners buying land in their own name" - the laws have to do with zoning - ill leave it at that.

FYI - In 2004, 750 mil baht of land purchases was done via the land departments.

In 2005, from January to May, 900 mil of land purchases were done via the land departments.. It is looking like this year will be a doozy :D

TORNADO: in your opinion, do you think that a foreigner owning land in their own name is not too far away. Mine is in my Thai grilfriend's, uncle's, dog's name and I'm gagging to make the switch!!

Thanks for all the PM's regarding the new laws. I cannot/will not elaborate on these laws as it is not my place to do so - Its a secret!  :o

The new laws does not include "foreigners buying land in their own name" - the laws have to do with zoning - ill leave it at that.

FYI - In 2004, 750 mil baht of land purchases was done via the land departments.

In 2005, from January to May, 900 mil of land purchases were done via the land departments.. It is looking like this year will be a doozy  :D

TORNADO: in your opinion, do you think that a foreigner owning land in their own name is not too far away. Mine is in my Thai grilfriend's, uncle's, dog's name and I'm gagging to make the switch!!
Thanks for all the PM's regarding the new laws. I cannot/will not elaborate on these laws as it is not my place to do so - Its a secret!  :o

In 2005, from January to May, 900 mil of land purchases were done via the land departments.. It is looking like this year will be a doozy  :D

I think we have more chance of winning lotto mate. I cant see it happening.

why didnt you set up a company, or lease from her?

Looks like you don't know what it cost to open, and run a company in this country!

And there are so much cheap helping hands to do it for you,until you find out that they didn't do any thing....

I think Tornado knows exactly how much it costs to open and run a company. He's got one, you see.

Don't know what the problem is. Buy a property, put it in your wife's name, then take out a thirty year lease and have it registered at the land office. Very cheap and you have full protection of the law. I don't recommend forming a company just to own a house as this loop-hole will eventually be closed. If you lease, you won't have to pay any corporate taxes or keep books or do tax returns.

As for those cheap guys who do nothing, maybe you should use your Tibetan Singing Bowls on them. That'll learn 'em.

Edited by Sir Burr

Looks like you don't know what it cost to open, and run a company in this country!

And there are so much cheap helping hands to do it for you,until you find out that they didn't do any thing....

****, I do realise the cost associated with setting up companies - its starts from 15k to 70k in Phuket. :D Dont let the low season get you down ****, your Singapore trips might be less frequent as the year progresses. Good Luck! :D

:o

Land prices historically do not depreciate, this is mainly due to the fact that the majority of land is owned by Thai/Chinese who do not really ned to sell.

The proof of current land/house prices anywhere in the world is the amount that are being sold, not alot in Phuket from my understanding. Hua Hin house's are sold almost before they are completed.

The unfortuanate circumstances off the coast of Phuket will always be apparent, earthquakes seem to occur quite frequently now. Even if the property is on high ground you have neighbours and services that are not. you will have debris etc around the area.

My sympathie's to all that have been or are caught up in the problems here. They will not go away, ever.

Edited by lostsoul

:o

Land prices historically do not depreciate, this is mainly due to the fact that the majority of land is owned by Thai/Chinese who do not really ned to sell.

The proof of current land/house prices anywhere in the world is the amount that are being sold, not alot in Phuket from my understanding.  Hua Hin house's are sold almost before they are completed.

wrong again! actually in any post you have made on this forum, you have yet to be right! - great average  :D

The unfortuanate circumstances off the coast of Phuket will always be apparent, earthquakes seem to occur quite frequently now.  Even if the property is on high ground you have neighbours and services that are not.  you will have debris etc around the area.

My sympathie's to all that have been or are caught up in the problems here.  They will not go away, ever.

the rest of your post is a lovely back handed compliment. :D