Visa Run Non-Ed, Chiang Mai-> ?

I have to do a visa run for an ED visa for the third time due to some problems. I am in Chiang Mai now, and I am wondering the best / most efficient way to do a run. I am assuming it is to Laos, but I cannot find any flights. I went to Kuala Lumpur the last couple of times, and it took quite a while and was very expensive. (Flew to bangkok, flew to KL, hotel for four days, fly to BKK, fly to CM). I don't know anything about the bus/train/alternate plane schedules, or anything about Laos or neighbouring countries. Thanks for any info. :(

Check AirAsia, they have a CM to KL direct flight. Convenient but as you stated not the cheapest. The least expensive route is via bus to Udon Thani then to Vientiane, Laos. Nok Air has on again off again flights from CM to Udon, check their web site to see if it's available when you need to go. According to most reports Vientiane has been a good place to go lately. There are several posts on CM to Vientiane if your interested. Just do a search in the CM forum.

good luck

cr

I got an ED visa at KL which gives you 3 months in the country, I left before the 3 months were up and without getting a re-entry stamp, and came back after the visa had expired. The ED visa is used upon entry, so everything is wiped. It was good for only 3 months and I have to do it again.

If you have an Ed visa and are being honest <SNIPPED>

Again, more "worthless words 'o wisdom" about ED visas from the new ‘expert in residence’; "Colabamubai" :bah: . How did your response answer any of the questions the O/P asked? :blink:

Wait, aren't you the guy who paid for 6 months worth of classes at a private thai language school here in Bangkok, yet received a Multi Entry YEAR LONG Non-Immigrant Type-ED visa from somewhere in Canada? :o My question is; are you still attending school or was your remark "if you are being honest" meant as a rhetorical question? Kind of a pot/kettle question, doncha think? ;)

ANYWAY: BACK ON TOPIC TO THE O/P :)

What ever neighboring country's thai embassy or consulate you decide to go to (and I think from Chiang Mai, you could go to Vientiane just as easy); with the proper documentation from your school you'll get another Single Entry Non-Immigrant Type ED visa without any problem. :D You’re far from the first person whose ever neglected to purchase a re-entry permit before leaving, thereby canceling your existing ED visa. :lol:

Just remember this time; IF you decide to leave BEFORE you extend the new visa after 90 days BUY a re-entry permit. .. ;)

<SNIPPED>. But I know your are the resident expert.

No, no, no, NOT me: but YOU! I am about as far from a thai visa expert as you could 'shake a proverbial stick"!

You seem to be the "expert in residence" about ED visas. Tell us how it really is; "Colabamumbai"..

While I don't want to turn this thread into a frickin' pissing match:

FWIW; I can read you posting history and know what you've said before. Just like you can read mine too. So either deal with it, (or take it to your grave) :bah: .

You either help people with your "sage words 'o wisdom" or you don't (in this country, last time I checked, there is NO middle ground) ;) ; you help people with your advice or you DON'T :( ..

Suck it up an don't be such a pussy, about your current situation here in the glorious "Land 'O Thais".

Next time we can only hope that you will give "helpful advice", not your normal rhetoric, okay? :P

BTW: how is that marriage to the Korat gurl going for you, good, bad, or what :blink: ??

No harm, no foul (and NO disrespect intended to ANY poster on this thread.) :ermm: .. ..

FWIW: the O/P (as in; the person who started this thread, CAN still, (with proper documentation go to ANY neighboring thai consulate/embassy and secure another 90 day Single Entry Non-Immigrant Type-ED Visa). ONE which can be extended at their local thai immigrations office for another 90 days for the price of ฿1900.

To the O/P; I say get the paperwork from your school and GO, GO, GO!!!

If the gentleman has an education visa the school should be supplying the documentation for immigration for him to renew it every 90 days, he should not have to leave the country. But I know your are the resident expert.

He left the country without a re-entry permit, so no longer has an ED-visa and does have to apply for a new one.