Immediate Opening For Teacher (Female Preferred)

jdinasia

A local school has recently contacted me. They are looking for one teacher (female and youngish preferred)

Requirements:

Degree (non-negotiable)

TEFL

Experience teaching in Thailand

Benefits:

Work Permit

30,000 Baht/month

20 teaching hours a week

While I will consider sending males to interview with them, women will get first preference. The school is well known.

Please, only send me a message if you are degreed AND have experience teaching in Thailand.

Sexism is alive and well in Thailand

Personally I've often wondered why 'isms' were ever outlawed in the first place. At the end of the day, an employer is going to give a job to whomever he or she wants to, even if the job ad doesn't discriminate.

An employer might have a history of let-downs with a certain gender, or a particular race and or age group, so why should they not be able to select their own staff based on the demographics they know will yield a better worker, based of course, on their previous observation or experience in the game.

For example, if a class of Thai students don't want and won't connect with a middle aged Indian teacher (for example), it would do the school no good to employ that person even if they had the academic and occupational qualifications, experience, and a very pleasant disposition. Such a choice might sound logical, but if it's not workable, then they are no use to the business in question.

Bring back the 'isms', that's what I say! At least folks know where they stand. A job ad that cuts to the chase would mean that neither applicants or employers would have to go through time wasting motions just to please equal opportunity laws.

Aitch