Origin Of Thb 800K For Extension Of Stay

do the THB 800k for a 1 year extension of stay based on retirement have to come from abroad or not?

I have the money in a thai bank account but it came from local real estate activities

and how rigid are the embassies about confirming proof of income from abroad if I go that road

I could have my ex company in Europe write me a letter confirming the necessary regular income, which is in fact true, but not paid on a monthly basis

how deep does the embassy and Thai immigration check this?

I believe the CURRENT policy is that bank account funds do not need to be imported from abroad. However, that could change in the future, as there was a period where there were reports that they were checking for that. As far as income proof for your embassy, that depends on the specific policies at your specific embassy.

I have just obtained my Retirement Visa using the 800,000 baht in the bank method, and using funds that I have saved over my many years in Thailand. I was asked to provide documentation, to show where these funds came from.

Interesting. That could vary, office by office, even officer by officer. During the previous period I was referring to there were even reports that they were demanding foreign import proof going back several years to long term people's FIRST extension here.