Banana It

mikeinkamala

Banana It in Hua Hin very bad after sale service. Even refused accept ACER computer under guarantee to send to ACER. They said Battery have only 6 month guarantee but in ACER Instruction is written in Thai and English 12 month. For other things nobody is competent, just buy and forget. From the crew of ca. 15 people only one speak but badly english - no more - better look for a local middle size dealer.

The place is called Jungceylon, not Jungle Ceylon. But anyway, forget Banana IT, there are the most incompetent people I ever met. Take a trip to Big C, Groundfloor. There are some really good shops.

And by the way, in Jungceylon they are still selling Kingston USB-Sticks with 32GB or 64GB, all fakes. Kingstons biggest one are 16GB, the fakes they sell up there have about 3.8 GB capacity and if you write more data on it, it corrupts the complete file system (on the Stick).

• Thanks 1

Banana in Phuket (junkCeylon and at Chalong) show little competence. I would recommend X-net (they have several shops, including the Dell shop on Phnag Nga Road), also SuperCheap has completed a huge renovation and has some competent people as well as great prices.

I bought a little Cannon printer from Banana Chalong the other day. I tried to ask a few questions about the product, but may as well have been talking to the box.

When I asked for a pack of A4 copy paper, "sorry, run out, come back next week when we get a delivery from Bangkok"

A computer shop with no copy paper! :blink:

• Haha 1

I have never had any problem dealing with Banana IT in Chalong, always friendly & helpful. If you ask for a particular item which is not in stock they will quickly check availability from BKK, give you a price & delivery time. I agree with the X-Net recommendation which is always top on my list of computer shops in Phuket.

Edited by Valentine

The place is called Jungceylon, not Jungle Ceylon. But anyway, forget Banana IT, there are the most incompetent people I ever met. Take a trip to Big C, Groundfloor. There are some really good shops.

And by the way, in Jungceylon they are still selling Kingston USB-Sticks with 32GB or 64GB, all fakes. Kingstons biggest one are 16GB, the fakes they sell up there have about 3.8 GB capacity and if you write more data on it, it corrupts the complete file system (on the Stick).

http://www.kingston.com/flash/dt_hyperx.asp

http://www.kingston.com/flash/dt310.asp

Edited by HDRIDER

Mr. Computer in Phuket Town use to be a good spot but the young fellow who always helped me has left and its like a Evil presence has taken over... sold me a item that they fixed after it wasn't working after a week then after it failed 10 days later again tried to get me to pay 1000Baht to come fix it again....That's evil !

• 1 year later...

Banana IT in Hua Hin, fill out the spam collecting warranty card, but don't expect any customer service if something goes wrong, they will tell you to deal with the manufacturer,

Hard to find anyone who speaks English at Banana IT in Big C or at Jib for that matter although I have found they do try. Good English speaking staff at Future & most helpful. X-Net is still good as is Advice (limited English) just round the corner from the Shell station next to Honda dealer in Phuket Town. If buying a brand name computer buy one which has a local service agent & you can go directly to them instead of getting frustrated with the original seller.

Totally incompetent. I bought Items in Chalong and in Junk Ceylon. I had some warranty issues and it took weeks to get replacement for a brandnew but faulty Item. They do not exchange right away but send first to their HQ in (but wait until they have enough Items to make the shipping worthwhile) than BKK ships it to the Manufacturer. here again the same Procedure (but wait until they have enough Items to make the shipping worthwhile) Inquiries after 3 weeks produced the news that the Stuff was still in BKK waiting to be shipped.

Facid: they have sometimes good Deals, but you are on a long Leash if you have Complains :angry:

I have been using an HP laptop for about 5 years. Time to buy a new machine. Would like to stay around 20-25k B.

In the market for a new laptop or desktop. Can't make up my mind which although I almost never move the laptop off my desk. Note: a larger screen would be an advantage for reading music from a slight distance.

Main uses:

• Music i.e. running Windows based music software like Band in a Box
  • email
  • Internet
  • limited Excel/Word use.

Read many posts here and found things to be more confusing because (just when I sort of settled on Lenovo) there is someone who swears by the brand he/she bought.

So thought I'd ask for your recomms please.

Current market/shop deals with address/whereabouts in Phuket appreciated.

Valentine,

"If buying a brand name computer buy one which has a local service agent & you can go directly to them instead of getting frustrated with the original seller." Fully agree. Your recommendations please? Who Where?

Many thanks in advance to all.

Banana IT in Hua Hin, fill out the spam collecting warranty card, but don't expect any customer service if something goes wrong, they will tell you to deal with the manufacturer,

Hard to find anyone who speaks English at Banana IT in Big C or at Jib for that matter although I have found they do try. Good English speaking staff at Future & most helpful. X-Net is still good as is Advice (limited English) just round the corner from the Shell station next to Honda dealer in Phuket Town. If buying a brand name computer buy one which has a local service agent & you can go directly to them instead of getting frustrated with the original seller.

I went to Bananna it the other day with a freind to buy a new android phone, after a long conversation with one of the girls and confirmation my friend wanted one....she went to have a look and funnily enough there was none in stock, we shopped elsewhere but made sure we walked past with our new purchase. I went back the next day and bought 2 (one for the gf too) walked past bannana IT with a big smile on my face, made sure she coldnt mistake i bought 2...(and yes she definately remembered me)

They missed out on the sale of 3 quite expensive android phones in 2 days....i guess if they can afford crap service they must have a big backer behind the business.....i cant see it lasting

Valentine,

"If buying a brand name computer buy one which has a local service agent & you can go directly to them instead of getting frustrated with the original seller." Fully agree. Your recommendations please? Who Where?

I would go to X-Net or Advice if you want to buy a brand name PC or notebook. Advice will most likely have the cheapest price & whatever machine you buy check with them who & where the local service agent is. Acer seem yo have the best warranty service. By going direct to the service agent you should not have the delays as mentioned above. If you want a desktop PC I suggest you have one built. PM me if you wish to do this & I will send contact details of a very reliable guy who can recommend the best components for your budget & put it all together for you. The individual components in a custom built PC all have the same warranties.

Banana IT at Big c is a total disaster,no one speaks english ,they dont even look at you in the eye,they seem to be always busy on something else,forget discussions or you will get a nervous breakdown.Just stay away and specially if you are not sure what you want.

Valentine,

I would go to X-Net or Advice if you want to buy a brand name PC or notebook. Advice will most likely have the cheapest price & whatever machine you buy check with them who & where the local service agent is. Acer seem yo have the best warranty service. By going direct to the service agent you should not have the delays as mentioned above. If you want a desktop PC I suggest you have one built. PM me if you wish to do this & I will send contact details of a very reliable guy who can recommend the best components for your budget & put it all together for you. The individual components in a custom built PC all have the same warranties.

HP is also a good choice if you are looking for a brand laptop with local support.

There is a HP service centre in Phuket town which is really good.

I had a few repairs done on my HP printers and every time it was good service and ready within a few days.

One time they fixed it for free ( outside warranty period ) and always cleaned the whole printer.

I'm very happy and consider buying HP whenever I can just for this reason.

I look where to buy the cheapest and just do the service direct to the service centre if required.

Have to agree with other posters. Banana IT staff are useless and have no knowledge. Good if you need to by a flash drive or an Iphone case or something. Terrible at everything else. Powerbuy is better. The large shop next to Dtac in the basement of Big C has been pretty good to me.

<snip> The large shop next to Dtac in the basement of Big C has been pretty good to me.

I second that. Used to buy at Digital Effects/BUS in Big C basement but that new place offers slightly lower prices and knowledaeble staff. Digital/BUS have gone way down hill with staff support.

• 8 years later...
On 8/22/2010 at 1:23 PM, TheWizardofRnR said:

Mr. Computer in Phuket Town use to be a good spot but the young fellow who always helped me has left and its like a Evil presence has taken over... sold me a item that they fixed after it wasn't working after a week then after it failed 10 days later again tried to get me to pay 1000Baht to come fix it again....That's evil !

Is that the shop in the corner? Had my Laptop keyboard cleaned in there, he scowled at me saying there was wine spilled on it and I got a bill for 5000 THB.. havnt been back since

39 minutes ago, Seeall said:

Is that the shop in the corner? Had my Laptop keyboard cleaned in there, he scowled at me saying there was wine spilled on it and I got a bill for 5000 THB.. havnt been back since

you replied to a comment from 9 years ago

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kekalot said:
8 hours ago, Seeall said:

you replied to a comment from 9 years ago

and the poster you're replying to is deceased.