Non Ipod Mp3 Players

Wentworth

I've been looking at buying an MP3 Player; I just want music, not bothered about video so don't really want MP4. I know that the IPod can be slotted into a docking station that can give good Hi-Fi sound when not using an earpiece. I see the slot on the bottom of the IPod but don't see anything similar on any MP3 players I"ve looked at. Does this mean that Non IPod users just use a USB cable into say a home theatre or up to date portable CD Player?

All MP3 players I have ever seen (quite a few), including the iPod, have a USB cable connector. The device appears as a storage unit on your computer, just drag and drop your music. Some may have a special conversion program but I would avoid those in favor of simple drag-drop. Load tracks from your own music with minimum hassles.

So,what mp3 player do you have?The beauty of it,comparing with ipods is,that you do not need any "docking station"!

Do you have stereo set?Just connect your mp3 player using ordinary audio cable:its headphone output with audio

input of your stereo.Audio cable will cost you may be 50 Baht.

If you do not have any stereo,then you need one!Choice is unlimited,but I advice you to do shopping

with some knowledgable friend since you are not very competent.Take your mp3 with you and play

your favourite music for test.

Encore!

Reading your post again,I have realized,that you are looking for mp3/4 player with "line-out".You want to connect player to sound system in"hi-fi way".

Using headphone output is not perfect,line-out takes audio signal out before it passes through headphone amplifier,reducing noise,distortion etc.

But very often headphone output works well enough.

I have very good mp4 player with line-out,it has headphone socket and seperate line-out socket.So far as I know,it is the only player on market(for reasonable money).

Name? same device with 2 names: original: Teclast T51,8Gmemory

rebranded - Nationite SFlo:2, 8G or 16G,

they sell it as: Hi-Fi mp4 player

cost? between 110US$ and 170US$

You can get it online from "mp4nation.net",or "ownta.com" or "houseofdap.com"

But probably you had in mind more simple device,at least smaller with longer battery life?

There is one:"Sansa Fuze" from Sandisk.It uses non-standart USB cable,and its connector looks similar to ipod slot.

In that connector there are pins with line-out signal!But you have to order another cable to use it.

SansaFuze is famous for audiophile quality sound and even more famous for its low price - starting from 50(fifty)US$

and it is perfect for what you want - music only(but it can play video).

Available - on-line.

If you want to know more - google it,or go to sites: www.head-fi.org www.anythingbutipod.com