Cheese Made In Thailand

jeanyves1

Hi all

My name is Jean and a few of my friends ask if any1 doing cheeses here in Thailand.

We have now a small unit with my Thai girlfriend;It all came about when i visited her sister dairy farm in Korat.... I was looking at the milking and to my surprise they pour the milk in the drain???

i said "what the hel_l are you doing"??

No good,Coop in now full, cannot take my milk so i have to pour it in the drain,sis reply!

This was what got us started in the cheese making.

Her Name is Yar so is the Cheese:)

A bientot.

Jean

If you wish to have more info pls PM and we will send you a list///

Edited by Lite Beer
E Mail removed.
  • Like 1

Hello Jean,

I am interested in your cheese but maybe it would be better to post some more information about it on here for everyone to read rather than through personal e-mails..

this way everyone would be aware of your product.

For example, where is it available from, how much per kilo, what type of cheeses do you make, etc.

Best regards,

Tiger.

Congratulations Jean Yves. A few years ago I did some research with a friend of mine into making cheese in Thailand. We concluded we knew to little.

I did find some other small cheese makers than. Mainly Mozarella makers in Hua Hin area. I have no idea if they still exist and do not have their contact details.

It is always great to see people finding a niche and working in it making it succesfull!!

Good Luck,

Waerth

Congratulations Jean Yves. A few years ago I did some research with a friend of mine into making cheese in Thailand. We concluded we knew to little.

I did find some other small cheese makers than. Mainly Mozarella makers in Hua Hin area. I have no idea if they still exist and do not have their contact details.

It is always great to see people finding a niche and working in it making it succesfull!!

Good Luck,

Waerth

Hi Waerth

Always seems to be a market for good cheese and my lady took to it very quickly so let's rock...

Ty for your kind words

Regards

Jean

Merci beaucoup!!

I live in Bangkok and next time I'm in Pattaya I will contact you. I love that kind of cheese and its just too expensive to buy the imported ones.

See you soon!

My feeling is that all the local cheese making is good even if it is advertising. Please leave the obvious ads so that the 100,000 members can check it out. If they get crazy that is one thing.

When we see it we can decide. And yes, I pay to advertise here.

Jean,

Thank you for your reply in this.

I have put your phone number in my contact list and the next time I am in Pattaya I will contact you.

These cheeses sound delicious (all of them) and I am looking forward to trying them.

Best regards,

Tiger

Tiger, you have the advantage of having a phone number and knowing that Jean is Pattaya based - presumably before the editing by mods !

• 1 month later...

Email, other contact information, and short product descriptions descriptions (Interests?) can be place in the 'Profile'.

ah yes good idea just did it.ty.

I need the address in Pattaya , will go there tomorrow.

Thanks

Email, other contact information, and short product descriptions descriptions (Interests?) can be place in the 'Profile'.

ah yes good idea just did it.ty.

I need the address in Pattaya , will go there tomorrow.

Thanks

I have been buying the cheeses he provides Mr Moo Pattaya and they are great, they have a wide selection of his cheeses and others cheeses to pick from many i cannot find elsewhere, like pepper jack, Lankisuire , Stiltton, Blue it is really great that a few people are making great cheeses locally and you can buy them in one shop and compare , at fair prices.

His formage blanc is to die for and all others also.

PS. I almost forgot Mr Moo Pattaya has his recipes posted on web site for download , i have tried a few and they are great.

Edited by hogheaven