Cheap One Way Flights Bkk To Lhr Or Uk

Best airline/website one way flights

I am looking for a flight for my wife as she has just received her settlement visa. Although due to work commitments I will not be able to get time off to travel to Thailand to travel back together. So I can only pick her up from the airport.

After looking over the main airline websites it seems that most one way flights are the same cost as return i.e £500 -£600. Does anybody know of any deals or the best places to look for one way flights from BKK to London. We are hoping for a flight with-in the next few weeks so we are flexible on dates, airport and airline choice. At the moment we are looking for the best deal/price if possible a airline that offers high luggage allowance for economy.

Any advice that you could give would be a great help.

Regards

I've recently returned from Bangkok to London Heathrow with Srilankan Airways...cost 15500 baht...oneway ..used Massic travel on 2nd road Pattaya..

Only problem was its abit of a long haul.....4hrs to Colombo..then 3 hr wait then 12 hrs to heathrow..now that was the killer leg i'm afraid...but at least it was cheap.

Aircraft was good,airbus a330 and they offered me a stopover in a hotel in Colombo if i took an earlier flight..but i declined and stayed in the lounge.to be honest i wished i had as i was wrecked by the time i arrived back.

Hope this helps abit...

Edited by zanger535

Rushden, try Jet Airways they go via India but generally the stop over is only about 1 to 2 hrs. They are about 15,500 Baht one way.

If you looking for a direct flight then £500 to £600 would be the going rate. Is your wife ok going indirect or do you want her to go direct? If direct sometimes Eva and Thai have special offers from time to time.

Awful result again today! Not very hopeful for next week's big games!!!

Thanks for the info, 15,000 to 20,000 sounds good. A stop over would not be a problem, if it is just for a few hours. I have seen a flight with Qatar for a good rate but had 22 hours in doha which i am sure would drive anyone mad. My wife is used to air travel so connecting flights would not be a problem. Although I heard in the past that Thai had some good deals on one way flights, but i have been unable to find any. I will have a look at the websites of the recommended airlines.

Stament: I can only see us getting worse this season, even more so now Tomlin has gone. 1 point from 3 games is shocking from the teams we have had so far. I fear it will be a long season once again annoyed.gif Where abouts are you from?

Thanks again for the help

Thanks for the info, 15,000 to 20,000 sounds good. A stop over would not be a problem, if it is just for a few hours. I have seen a flight with Qatar for a good rate but had 22 hours in doha which i am sure would drive anyone mad. My wife is used to air travel so connecting flights would not be a problem. Although I heard in the past that Thai had some good deals on one way flights, but i have been unable to find any. I will have a look at the websites of the recommended airlines.

Stament: I can only see us getting worse this season, even more so now Tomlin has gone. 1 point from 3 games is shocking from the teams we have had so far. I fear it will be a long season once again annoyed.gif Where abouts are you from?

Air Asia have some good deals at the moment from BKK to KL and then KL into Stanstead. I have seen them advertising on theie wbsite KL to Stanstead for 110 pounds. Be careful of all the add ons if a lot of luggage

Worth a search on their web site to see what the prices are

Air Asia have some good deals at the moment from BKK to KL and then KL into Stanstead. I have seen them advertising on theie wbsite KL to Stanstead for 110 pounds. Be careful of all the add ons if a lot of luggage

It could be a very good choice in terms of prices, just be careful that they do not have flight transfer yet at LCCT in KL, and your wife will have to clear immi and customs, then check in again. So better make sure there are least 3-4 hours between the flights.

That said, flight transfer on the BKK-London route might come soon, since they have just started proposing it on other routes: http://www.airasia.com/th/en/transfer.html

Try this comparison site

http://matrix1.itasoftware.com/cvg/

Its very good, and, unlike Kayak, is quick. It also offers a 30 day search facility for those who are flexible regarding dates. Unforunately, neither use the 24 hour clock!

Both Emirates and Gulf Air offer a 30kg economy class baggage allowance. Also check the allowance of Jet Airways, their website is none too clear on this issue. Etihad offer 23kg's.

air asia is the cheapest for one way travel ,,, fact .

jet airways , started off with cheap flights ,

now they are established , they have hiked the prices.

air asia is the cheapest for one way travel ,,, fact .

Not always!, including bags, food and drinks. Including flights to KUL, often not. Just search and be a bit flexible

2/9 Air Asia rate 295 pound (KUL-STN) add BKK-STN add AA additional charges

2/9 Air India rate 299 pound (BKK-LHR)

Go to http://www.evaair.com it's a direct flight to Heathrow.

If you are evergreen club member you can see the hot E-fare which the price for one way trip from BKK to London in September is about 20,500 B. (inc. all tax and fee)

If you are not the member you can sign up for free.

Now that is a good deal !!

i think that price is standard price always available with eva used it myself to uk in june then got the same price coming back with thai air including the domestic flight to krabi,strange i had to book over phone with thai air as i wanted to fly in 2 days and the price was actually 40 gbp cheaper than their internet price.

Edited by taninthai

Go to http://www.evaair.com it's a direct flight to Heathrow.

If you are evergreen club member you can see the hot E-fare which the price for one way trip from BKK to London in September is about 20,500 B. (inc. all tax and fee)

If you are not the member you can sign up for free.

Now that is a good deal !!

sorry double post ignore

Edited by taninthai

Hi Rushden

For everything to do with holidays - flights, hotels (including excellent reviews), things to do, restaurants etc I would become a member (free) of www.tripadvisor.co.uk - I've always found them 100 per cent reliable and their information interesting and virtually infallible. The site will direct you to the appropriate booking website. Hotel discounts are pretty generous I think. Place an 'Air alert' for tickets e.g. LHR to BKK and they will email you with their best figure when the price drops e.g. LHR to BKK single for some dates in October is 19.000 baht.

Best of luck, Rushden and Diamonds! - my local team (with many family connections)

Cheers, me duck

Sam (over the hill, Rushden - in more ways than one! - from Higham Ferrers)

I've just come back from BKK - LHR on a O/W ticket booked through Expedia and had a good experience, apart from one small niggle on the last leg. Booked a Gulf Air flight via Bahrain for 396 quid. Not the cheapest, but was travelling at a popular time with end of school hols, so expected to pay a little more, and appreciated the 30 kgs baggage allowance of Gulf. Also if you travel overnight on Flight 153 connecting with Flight 7 onto Heathrow, there is only a 1.5 hours stopover, making it a bearable leg stretcher in Bahrain to break up the journey.

Another bonus was that Gulf couldn't put me in my chosen seat on the BKK - BAH leg, and I was moved to another seat which happened to be next to an Arab lady with bad BO and two boisterous kids, which signalled a trying flight ahead. Just before takeoff, they saved me from my fate by moving me up to Business class and a luxurious seat with fine wine and food. The size of their VSOP brandy measures has to be seen to be believed. Thanks Gulf!

The second leg was back in cattle class, which is bearable, but it was noticable that the in-flight entertainment systems are past their best and need serious attention, with both mine and my neighbour's consoles virtually falling off the seat rests. NB Gulf!

All in all though, Gulf is nearly on a par with Qatar and Etihad in terms of service, but their planes interiors are looking a little tired now. No problems with booking through Expedia.