Downloade Music Problems

ableguy

Hi guys first of all I am no IT expert, here is my problem. some friends download me music fro their computer onto a cd, it plays perfectly on their systems but on my hi fi nothing, in my car player nothing, on my dvd player nothing. it does indicate the cd is playing ie time elapsed . Yesterday in my local bar they gave me cd I have much admired, took it from their cd player in front of me and gave it to me. got it home same deal nothing , any ideas please.

Have you tried playing it on your computer? It is likely MP3/wmv or other files which older units will not play but computers can. To play on a normal CD player the music has to be converted and burnt to a new CD in the format that the player can handle. Which in many cases would mean a CD with hundreds of songs can only provide a dozen or two for the old CD player format CD

Someone beat me to it. was trying to move this. :rolleyes:

are you saying you had the same question? or was this post an error

It means he was trying to move your post as you put it in the wrong forum. :)

ok sorry

Popular audio formats distributed on the internet: AAC, FLAC, MP3, OGG, WMA.

A traditional compact disc player only handles cd audio track (cda). What audio format are the files on disc?

on the disc it says cd recordable, got me baffled appreciate your help and input

Put the CD in a computer to read the files it contains and have the computer display the full file names with extensions. What you want to know is the extensions (which is how they are recorded). A old CD player will not play most of the new types of music tracks but most computers will, or can be made to do so with player software such as VLC media player.