Taking My Tgf On Holiday

Considering its her 1st time outside thailand, There's only 1 choice LAOS, the language & food are similiar, more importanly the people friendly, not like cambodia, I took isaan g/f to camb & because of her dark skin & beauty yhey asumed she was cambodian, & was stared at which got a bit off putting,Laos is a beatifull country, I have only been to mid- to south regions, but plenty of things to see, & cheap compare to thailand.

regards songhklasid.B)

Few notes on HK- October is peak time for trade fairs, you will have more trouble getting an ok hotel and prices are inflated. HK is also one of the most expensive places in the world.

For example it's rated as acceptable for a western account for you to automatically claim £200 (10,000 baht) per day per person for petty expenses.

Not sure why the negative attitude for Malaysia. It most certainly isn't a muslim dominated country- it's a totally mixed country. Not once did I have any issue in the couple of months I travelled there. I am taking my thai GF to KL in October and am sure she'll love it.

Hong Kong could be a great place to visit. The best thing about Hong Kong is the diverse mixture of culture there. Three days would be enough to experience the best of the city.

Must visit places in HK includes:

1) Hong Kong Disneyland

2) Hong Kong Museum of Art

3) Ocean Park

4) Victoria Peak

5) Water World

6) Hong Kong Space Museum

If you wish to enjoy the beauty of HK with your girlfriend in your personal car or 3 days, then rent a car for your trip and book online through reliable service providers like http://www.australiarentcar.com/ which I preferred during my visit. Enjoy the classic Hong Kong experiences of endless shopping and don't forget to take in Hong Kong's spectacular night views.

Thanks for the great tips Robert121. I didn't know Hongkong had a disneyland so we are going to visit it! I'm going to book a 2 days entrance + 1 night disney hotel arrangement. After disneyland i'm planning to book 3 nights in HK and do some sightseeing, probably visit some places you mentioned, i just have to check tripadvisor.com

So that leaves 3 days, perfect for an add-on trip to koh chang to escape the busy city life :)

Anyone been to the Amari Emerald cove?

Food, you never mentioned it. Take an Issan girl out of Thailand for the first time it can be a shock to the system. I was also in Langkawi 2 weeks ago during Ramadam, stll having my beer on the beach at lunchtime as usual. Anyone who has been there will tell you its one of the most laid-back places in SE Asia, Muslim or not. A pity you don't like Malaysia, good way to test your gf's ability to enter Singapore is through the causeway at Johor, if she does not get entry she just turns around and walks back, a very different scenario from being deported from Singapore airport.

Maybe next time. I go to Malaysia next week to renew my tourist visa so let's see how my experience with malaysia will be then.

Considering its her 1st time outside thailand, There's only 1 choice LAOS, the language & food are similiar, more importanly the people friendly, not like cambodia, I took isaan g/f to camb & because of her dark skin & beauty yhey asumed she was cambodian, & was stared at which got a bit off putting,Laos is a beatifull country, I have only been to mid- to south regions, but plenty of things to see, & cheap compare to thailand.

regards songhklasid.B)

Sure she'll like Laos, she likes everything i take her to but i just want to show her something different.

Few notes on HK- October is peak time for trade fairs, you will have more trouble getting an ok hotel and prices are inflated. HK is also one of the most expensive places in the world.

For example it's rated as acceptable for a western account for you to automatically claim £200 (10,000 baht) per day per person for petty expenses.

Not sure why the negative attitude for Malaysia. It most certainly isn't a muslim dominated country- it's a totally mixed country. Not once did I have any issue in the couple of months I travelled there. I am taking my thai GF to KL in October and am sure she'll love it.

Thanks for the heads up. Booking.com still shows a lot of available hotels though. Right now a 4 to 5 star hotel costs around 14K THB for 3 nights. I guess that's a normal price? The harbour grand hong kong 5 star hotel now offers a promotion for 14k THB.

What about the food, drinks, nightlife and sightseeing in HK? Is it expensive or like any other big European city?