Questions About Tuk.Com

Lammbock

i think to remember i have seen an official Apple store as soon as you go upstairs using the escalator on your left handside, and yes they had one on display with the infamous plastic cover because of the troubled internal antenna disaster....are you really sure you want to get one of those?

i asked a couple of weeks ago at Tuk com, they said it would be a month

i took that to mean September

the price unlocked was around 51,000 baht

i also see True are currently canvassing interest in this new model too

they currently supply iphone3 on credit and with a True contract

they are registering pre-order interest at their branch in Tesco Lotus Pattaya Nua

Does Tuk Com have any return policies?

Tuk Com has a reputation for "not ever return" policy, i mean, once you have bought anything, get lost unless you want to purchase something else, so, before you eventually buy anything just have a straight and clear conversation about what happen if something goes wrong, once you have either been reassured or disappointed go to the next step, obviously it's not "bullet proof" but it helps....:D

hmmmm.. i see. Not so nice news. Maybe i wait until i get back to BKK.

Anyhow. Is there a DTAC shop @ Tuk? Need to buy a USB Broadband Stick.

If not, where is it?

Thanks much

Lammbock

Dtac upstairs in carrefour and Big C south pattaya

ground floor in Tesco lotus north Pattaya

Anyhow. Is there a DTAC shop @ Tuk? Need to buy a USB Broadband Stick.

If not, where is it?

I guess they will have it at Tuk.Com too, however here are the official DTAC location for Pattaya:

Edit: correction

just click this link and scroll down till you see DTAC (for some reasons i can't copy and paste)

http://www.pattayabranches.com/english/index-D.htm

Edited by surayu

I bought an Ipod at Carrefour yesterday. They were very clear that I had 7 days for a full refund, 30 days for store credit, and 1 year warranty. All this is written in 2 places on a large board. This sealed the deal so that I could try the device and return it with no worries. I've returned a camera with no hassles. I also had a safe box malfunction after 11.5 months. Carrefour replaced it and delivered free a new one. Class.

Class.

Yes that is what all vendors should do, unfortunately soon the closest location to shop at Carrefour will means planning a trip to India, so, as my great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather was using to say "Carpe Diem" :D

I bought a DTAC Air Card yesterday at BIG C South Pattaya. They say it runs up to 3.6 Mb/s

Here are my problems:

1. I still has the AIS Air Card Software installed on my computer and when i connect the DTAC Air Card it runs on the AIS Software. <deleted>!!! I try to change it to the DTAC Software but it always says ....exe has stopped working. That mean however my computer can not install the DTAC Air Card software and i forced to run it on AIS Software.

2. The Speed ist crappy. Its like an 56k modem speed. Same as the AIS i had previously. If there is a speed of 3.6 Mb/s it mus be still in the store. ;)

What a pity. I spend more than 3k THB and all i got is shit.

Maybe i did something wrong??? Maybe somebody can help me???

As i said. I am forced to run it on AIS Operation system cause if i uninstall it i can't use my DTAC Air Card cause it always says ".exe has stopped working"

Please, somebody can help me???????

Best Regards,

Lammbock

Edited by Lammbock

its easy you move to a country with consumer protection law

all you will get here is lies, lies and more lies

the card can only pick up whats in rhe air if you see what i mean and whats in the air such as dtac is slow and useless

its on edge which was dumped years ago in the west---------------thailand is falling behind the west quickly because of squabbling owner families

After a long day struggling with this DTAC mess I had a close look at there details.

It says that:

GPRS is 85.6 kbps

EDGE is 236.8 kbps

and

HSDPA which is 3G am i right?? is 3.6 Mbps

But all i get here is EDGE and even the signal gos up and down

But anyhow...still got the Problem with the software. ".exe has stopped working"

:(

Edited by Rimmer

all the iphones since day one have had 3g capability -------------thailand is about 5 years behind the west and not catching up anytime soon ---------too many power / money struggles going on in the background

all the iphones since day one have had 3g capability -------------thailand is about 5 years behind the west and not catching up anytime soon ---------too many power / money struggles going on in the background

I know the Iphone is 3G but the Iphone4 is or isn't available.

te

I guess i better wait for my return to BKK.

Seams like that every one here in Pattaya is trying to make money out of you and so it will be at Tuk, too.

I have a working download that is called unlocker that will remove jammed programs that won't delete. I can put it on a cd & give it to you when I make it up to Pattaya for food stuffs .

Pm me if you want it. It works great for the problem programs & the ones that develop life support from your computer.

i asked a couple of weeks ago at Tuk com, they said it would be a month

i took that to mean September

the price unlocked was around 51,000 baht

:blink::blink::blink:

i phone 4 unlocked now in tukcom

29,000 jailbreak version

32,000 factory unlocked version

That's a little better, but still a LOT for a frickin' phone!

On another thaivisa.com forum, there was a link to one of the 3G providers' coverage maps, and this is the one for Pattaya area:

pattaya_3g.gif

Great for those days when you are going out on your yacht. (Looks like 95% of the coverage area is over water!)