Kanchanburi Land Price Tips Advice Please?

kenjin

I have been offered an 8 rai farm outside of Kanchanaburi including a small 1 bedroom Villa. The villa is quite nice with en suite bathroom, kitchen living room etc..and quite habitable. However I would need to extend it at some later point or even rebuild it as its a little small.

The land is North of Kanchanaburi in what can only be described as breath taking mountain views front and rear. There is no Chanoot available in this area yet so there is a risk. I would not purchase to make a profit only to retire there. I have to admit, I have fell in love with the location and the mountain views and its right on a major road not in the back of a village somewhere.

The farm is laid out for bananas, pomello custard apples and limes. The land as already got water irrigation system all the way through. The actual soil is dark brown to black and soft underfoot and I was told by a local that the soil in the region is excellent which would account for the amount of farming in the local area.

I would not be buying the farm to provide my income as I have other business interests but more as lifestyle and maybe to be a little more self sufficient.

I negotiated the price down to 1.3m bht from 1.5 now its decision time.

Does anyone have any knowledge of land prices in the area, any advice, thoughts or comments welcome

P.S. I ma currently in Pattaya and I have just about had enough of it here after 8 years.

Thanks in advance

It rather depends on the title. If you have nor sor sam gort you can automatically get chanote. Presumably the bungalow is built on this title or chanote otherwise I believe it will be an illegal build. As a farang you could get stiffed so be careful. Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear regarding title. If you are told no problem then you have a problem!!! The land office is a bitch at Kan.

If all the land is po bo har then it cannot be built on (though that may not stop a thai building on it but could cause you problems in the future.

I bought 29 rai half po bo har half nor sor sam gort on the rather at Ladya this year and it worked out to a little less than you are paying but there is no building on it. However i can legally build.

Land on the river with chanote is selling at 1 million plus at the moment

Right the misus says its 'or bor tor ha', so I guess its what you said and not for building on however there is a blue book 'tabien ban' so I guess the house is registered. So maybe I may have problems if I knock this house down and build on it later? or could I simple extend?